Home

Official 2018 uniform errors and omissions thread

This is a discussion on Official 2018 uniform errors and omissions thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #1
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
Official 2018 uniform errors and omissions thread

Hello uni nerds. I’m back again for my annual uniform error and omissions thread. I believe it’s our fifth anniversary. I create this thread every season as a place for us to highlight what may be wrong with a team’s uniform. This is no way to pick on a developer or to argue about things. I figured with the game early releasing on 3/23, I’d get the thread started. Here’s a list of dos and donts as a reminder. Do say something like “the braves are missing an outline on their numbers” and even attach a pic if you’d like. Don’t say anything about developers, this game’s lighting made my red darker (go to the overhaul uniform thread), the style guide, or which favorite throwbacks you’d have a wishlist for. This is about what’s in the game, what’s wrong, and what’s missing vs the 2018 on-field season. Thanks for reading and adding to the thread.

All spring training jerseys are missing and BEWARE choosing stance socks as each team only has 1 pair so if you choose the White Sox or Padres, for example, they will wear mismatched socks with alternate uniforms like the Sox Sunday or the padres brown. All pullovers are still buttons templates.

NLE
Braves: MISSING-lowercase a BP hat. ERROR-alternate away accessories should be blue, not red.
Marlins: ERROR- No 25th anniversary patches on uniforms. Pants stripes should be a thin piping on current away, home, and home alternate. Current uniforms have piping too close to sleeve/neck cuts. Helmet should not have white button. Teal too dark on throwbacks. Teal pinstripes look black. 1995 uniforms need a black helmet with black caps. 1993 uniforms are missing inaugural patch. Florida logo should not have white outlines. 1995 cap should have black brim. Fish on roads appears green rather than teal.
Mets: ERROR- still using black/blue dugout jackets. Throwbacks racing stripes are too small and narrow.
Nationals: ERROR- Expos helmet has extra white stripe behind red. When using red hats with blue brims, you get a blue helmet rather than red.
Phillies:ERROR- burgundy throwback should have white squatchee on hat, using current font on those throwbacks as well. Powder blues are missing names on back. Current red is too dark. 1949 uniforms have incorrect stirrups.

NLC
Brewers:
Cardinals:MISSING-alternate blue hat and accessories worn vs. red teams. Sunday bird hat. ERROR-1942 helmets are the missing blue helmets.
Cubs: ERROR- Home jersey should not have white outline around logo.
Pirates: ERROR-Sunday throwback and matching white throwback still use current font rather than standard block.
Reds:ERROR- incorrect font on home and away (serif on edges)

NLW
Diamondbacks:MISSING- Sunday snake hat (black/red brim). ERROR-2007 road is using wrong gray shade.
Dodgers:
Giants: ERROR- 70s throwback should be white, not cream.
Padres:
Rockies: MISSING- Anniversary hat with silver only lettering worn this season. ERROR- black jerseys should be sleeveless with black undershirt (template issue I think)

ALE
Blue Jays: ERROR-1977 hat has incorrect feather colors. When wearing red, the accessories aren’t the same shade. MISSING- white panel alternate home hat. Road sleeve stripes is missing white between two blue stripes.
Orioles: ERROR-1966 home uniforms have incorrect helmets, incorrect helmet when wearing black alternate at home.
Rays: MISSING-80s fauxbacks (worn last season as well), Columbia blue BP hat, 20th anniversary hat and jersey.
Red Sox:ERROR-1976 helmet is incorrect.
Yankees: ERROR-Yankees home uniforms should use dark navy as the wordmark.

ALC
Indians:
Royals: ERROR- Home alt (gold numerals) should not have front piping.
Tigers: ERROR- home jersey D is too small.
Twins:
White Sox:ERROR- Sunday throwback pants are missing numbers.

ALW
Angels:
Astros:ERROR-tequila sunrise uniforms have super small font. Navy caps should be dark navy and not light navy (think dark like Yankees vs light like rays).
Athletics:
Mariners:ERROR- Sunday uniform should have gloss helmets.
Rangers: ERROR- 1977 uniform has incorrect wordmark.

Last edited by cherman24; 09-22-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 10:11 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Official 2018 uniform errors and omissions thread

One of the streams gave a short glimpse of the uniform-selection screen of the Detroit Tigers, and if that’s any indication of the final product, they’ve gone and made the D on the home uni about 120% too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-18-2018, 10:46 AM   #3
MVP

Have a feeling this thread will be less full than years past... in a good way. But as long as this thread is kept as a straight forward listing of errors and omissions like a reference sheet then this thread is nice to have. I'll contribute when I can but I doubt I'll be as detailed as I was last year. Quite time consuming.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:39 PM   #4
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Looks like the Royals' home gold number alternate didn't get fixed for '18.
The in-game uniform still has blue piping on the front of the jersey.

I'll preface this and say that I don't know anything about coding, but the jersey is literally just a duplicate of the base home jersey, with the same blue Royals script on the front, just with an added gold outline, and then the numbers are turned to a gold color with a blue outline. The 'design' of the jersey is no different. Just different colors.

I know that colors can be a touchy subject, but I also think the color on these jerseys needs to be more champagne, and less gold/bronze. I looked at it in different lighting a few times in MLB 18, but I can never get it to look like the brighter champagne color that the real pictures show it as. FWIW, I also actually own one of these jerseys and the pictures of Salvy and Hos here are very true to how the jersey looks in person.

IN-GAME
Spoiler

REAL LIFE
Spoiler

Last edited by beau21; 03-27-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:58 PM   #5
Pro

polyduster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Looks like the Royals' home gold number alternate didn't get fixed for '18.
The in-game uniform still has blue piping on the front of the jersey.

I'll preface this and say that I don't know anything about coding, but the jersey is literally just a duplicate of the base home jersey, with the same blue Royals script on the front, just with an added gold outline, and then the numbers are turned to a gold color with a blue outline. The 'design' of the jersey is no different. Just different colors.

IN-GAME
Spoiler

REAL LIFE
Spoiler
That is too bad. I was hoping they would have fixed it.

Perhaps, the style guide has it with piping, in error?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 11:28 AM   #6
MVP

Will be jumping back in here soon.... so many wonderful improvements over last year but still a few things that would be nice to have addressed.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:43 AM   #7
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

The DBacks are missing the hat they usually wear on sundays

Old 03-25-2018, 12:14 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
The DBacks are missing the hat they usually wear on sundays

Which cap is that? It's not the one that's labeled for BP?

Edit: Oh wait is it the same as the BP cap except with a red brim? That may be gone from the game as it was allotted for BP but with the BP specific cap changing the red brim cap may have been "lost in the shuffle" which stinks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »