Home

how i’ve been playing lately...

This is a discussion on how i’ve been playing lately... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
how i’ve been playing lately...

user control both offenses.

and it’s now the only way i know how to play the game, lol. i think i’ve mentioned this somewhere around before, but i just wanted to share the idea in its own thread.

basically, i used to play this game a TON, and as we all know, ‘14 has major flaws (every facet of user defense & cpu offensive decision making). so anyways, i’d mess around with sliders while toying around with different ideas like CPU v. Cpu, or playing my team’s offense but watching defense from CPU v. CPU (which led to either low scoring loses or blowouts on my end). never got to the point of actually enjoying the gameplay.

so eventually i turned to controlling both team’s offenses.

yeah, it takes time to adapt to. obviously can’t do this if you’ll play biased. for me, i started doing it while my team was bad, so naturally we struggled and i got used to beating up on my own school. i don’t really take the game too seriously nowadays, so for instance, i recently blew my own team out probably about 56-21 against a rival...

and for good measure, it took me 16 seasons to win a national championship, and it probably would’ve been more had i, one, started this way of playing earlier in the dynasty, and two, not forcefully place my unprepared team in the ACC (which expanded our recruiting options)

anyways, it may sound like something tough to get on board with, i get it. just thought i’d throw it out there. i see there’s a lot of controversy with fatigue and the CPU giving up in the second half, all that. this has been a viable solution for not just that, but for the most part, allowing the best team to win.

offense, after all, is one of the more fluid & enjoyable aspects of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2018, 04:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: how i’ve been playing lately...

I'm in the middle of editing classic teams ('95 Nebraska, '01 Miami (FL), etc) and I also choose to control both offenses. In addition, I've found that if you have both controllers active at the same time and randomly select square, circle or triangle for the defense from the Ask Coach suggestions you get more variety in terms of blitz frequency, man, zone, combo coverages. The games are still pretty high scoring, but I think that's more of a function of the level of offenses I'm experimenting with.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

It's awesome to see other people also play this way. Playing this way never occurred to me until a user on the 2K5 sub posted sliders for playing this way several years ago. Sometimes, however, it's hard to keep myself honest if there's a lot on the line for my team. I usually only control the QB for each team, so I'm brainstorming some ideas to add to this style of play. Maybe this would interest you all as well.

Freshman QB (Unless 90+)
• Ask Coach p.1 only
• Auto Pass
Sophomore QB (Unless 85+, then use rules for Junior QB)
• Ask Coach p. 1 and 2
• Auto Pass until 4th Q
Junior (Unless 90+. If 90+, all Ask Coach pages)
• Ask Coach p. 1-3
• Auto Pass until 2nd Half
Senior QB
• All Ask Coach Pages
• User Control all game unless <89. If <89, auto pass until 2nd half.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:54 PM   #4
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt23134
It's awesome to see other people also play this way. Playing this way never occurred to me until a user on the 2K5 sub posted sliders for playing this way several years ago. Sometimes, however, it's hard to keep myself honest if there's a lot on the line for my team. I usually only control the QB for each team, so I'm brainstorming some ideas to add to this style of play. Maybe this would interest you all as well.

Freshman QB (Unless 90+)
•Ask Coach p.1 only
•Auto Pass
Sophomore QB (Unless 85+, then use rules for Junior QB)
•Ask Coach p. 1 and 2
•Auto Pass until 4th Q
Junior (Unless 90+. If 90+, all Ask Coach pages)
•Ask Coach p. 1-3
•Auto Pass until 2nd Half
Senior QB
•All Ask Coach Pages
•User Control all game unless <89. If <89, auto pass until 2nd half.

yeah i love playing this way, absolutely. it’s really stuck with me the past few months.

like i said, i don’t take the game too seriously nowadays, so i could care less if my team wins or loses. that said, it’s usually smooth sailing when it comes to the best team winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breesey2
I'm in the middle of editing classic teams ('95 Nebraska, '01 Miami (FL), etc) and I also choose to control both offenses. In addition, I've found that if you have both controllers active at the same time and randomly select square, circle or triangle for the defense from the Ask Coach suggestions you get more variety in terms of blitz frequency, man, zone, combo coverages. The games are still pretty high scoring, but I think that's more of a function of the level of offenses I'm experimenting with.

yeah i’ve experimented playing with two controllers but ultimately chose not to just because it’s extra work.

when it comes to high scoring, i’ve avoided it with good sliders& an exclusion to money plays (verts, read option, screens, etc.) i usually just try to play outside my comfort zone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »