Home

NBA 2k League Tip-Off Tourney Preview

This is a discussion on NBA 2k League Tip-Off Tourney Preview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2018, 01:27 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2k League Tip-Off Tourney Preview

It must be said of the Tip-Off Tournament that there is far more that we don’t...

Written By: Josiah Cohen

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 05:26 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2k League Tip-Off Tourney Preview

Nice read Josiah.

Well i would like to point out my thoughts about the tip-off been made.

Overall it was good fun and i'm totally entertained watching 2K in a big stage and with great commentary, wow the commentary was GOOD, very well done. (Boy that reminded me that while saving videos or streaming from PS4 we need commentary sounds, leave the soundtracks out just give us the commentary back for NBA 2K19 please 2k solve it, please.)

As far as the competition i'e seen that teams are not really ready, they have either didn't really practice much or they don't know how but this will be seen in the future.. It's just so new i'll give them to that and it was a proimising and fun start.

My thoughts on what we saw and didn't in the first day is as below. And 2k developpers need to check it out in order for 2k19 to better in my opinion.

Things we didn't see in 1st day of Nba 2k League
-Ball movement
-Set plays
-Offball movement
-Post-Up
-Inbound Plays
-Crossovers with RStick
-Team defense and philosophy
-Advanced RStick shots
-Offball screens
-3out2in / 4out1in
-Different type of passes

Overall i didn't see ADVANCED stuff and what i expect to see in the future is a higher level of competitive gaming with advanced controls (rstick shots, post-ups, different crossover moves) and more basketball like competition, they have to have a philosophy about playing beatiful so that it can be more watchable otherwise...

Things we saw most in the 1st day Nba 2K League
-A lot of left stick exploits,nearly all movement. (Right-left, forward-back etc. it was so hard to watch it.)
-5out
-Good 1on1 D
-P&R Offense
-Dunks and treys, (give us some hook shots some more controlled layups..)
-Ballhogging - man why do they have a coach behind if they hog the ball this much
-Bad passing angles mostly due to 5out

So yeah these are my first impressions from day one. I expect nothing but better in the future and i'm hopeful. It was a good entertaining start a lot of things are missing but it's promising..

Good job NBA 2K League.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

OVR: 3

What i’ve seen is close to 0 basketball. It was a group of people trying to exploit the game. To win you don’t need to know how to play basketball, you need to know how to play 2k.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:54 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

I hadn't intended to watch any of it, but caught the kings/cavs and some of the cavs/bucks game last night.

Have to say I was disappointed with the standard on display. The guy in the cavs who was being over praised for his left/right/forward/backward BS was ridiculous to watch.

I'm no fan of "dribble gawds", but I'd rather watch Steezo destroy someone in a 5-out than wat was on offer yesterday. Maybe when teams settle down and clear their nerves it may improve, but not sure if I'll bother watching anymore of it.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:58 PM   #5
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
I hadn't intended to watch any of it, but caught the kings/cavs and some of the cavs/bucks game last night.

Have to say I was disappointed with the standard on display. The guy in the cavs who was being over praised for his left/right/forward/backward BS was ridiculous to watch.

I'm no fan of "dribble gawds", but I'd rather watch Steezo destroy someone in a 5-out than wat was on offer yesterday. Maybe when teams settle down and clear their nerves it may improve, but not sure if I'll bother watching anymore of it.
Ha. Rather than fix cheesy exploits, embrace them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Nice read Josiah.

Well i would like to point out my thoughts about the tip-off been made.

Overall it was good fun and i'm totally entertained watching 2K in a big stage and with great commentary, wow the commentary was GOOD, very well done. (Boy that reminded me that while saving videos or streaming from PS4 we need commentary sounds, leave the soundtracks out just give us the commentary back for NBA 2K19 please 2k solve it, please.)

As far as the competition i'e seen that teams are not really ready, they have either didn't really practice much or they don't know how but this will be seen in the future.. It's just so new i'll give them to that and it was a proimising and fun start.

My thoughts on what we saw and didn't in the first day is as below. And 2k developpers need to check it out in order for 2k19 to better in my opinion.

Things we didn't see in 1st day of Nba 2k League
-Ball movement
-Set plays
-Offball movement
-Post-Up
-Inbound Plays
-Crossovers with RStick
-Team defense and philosophy
-Advanced RStick shots
-Offball screens
-3out2in / 4out1in
-Different type of passes

Overall i didn't see ADVANCED stuff and what i expect to see in the future is a higher level of competitive gaming with advanced controls (rstick shots, post-ups, different crossover moves) and more basketball like competition, they have to have a philosophy about playing beatiful so that it can be more watchable otherwise...

Things we saw most in the 1st day Nba 2K League
-A lot of left stick exploits,nearly all movement. (Right-left, forward-back etc. it was so hard to watch it.)
-5out
-Good 1on1 D
-P&R Offense
-Dunks and treys, (give us some hook shots some more controlled layups..)
-Ballhogging - man why do they have a coach behind if they hog the ball this much
-Bad passing angles mostly due to 5out

So yeah these are my first impressions from day one. I expect nothing but better in the future and i'm hopeful. It was a good entertaining start a lot of things are missing but it's promising..

Good job NBA 2K League.
Bro, you are fooling yourself if you think in teh future you will see the things you listed that you didn't see now. What you saw is standard and will be on display for rest of this game. Nothing will change until 2k fixes their game and cuts out the cheese and animation domination.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:16 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskier
What i’ve seen is close to 0 basketball. It was a group of people trying to exploit the game. To win you don’t need to know how to play basketball, you need to know how to play 2k.
And this is what any person with common sense expected this league to be.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:50 PM   #8
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't play NBA 2k but after watching the first two days of the tip-off tournament I'm pretty interested. I understand this doesn't replicate legitimate basketball in any ways but I love the thought of there being no AI players on the floor. I feel like if I were to get a squad of players that I trusted and could play some decent ball with then this mode would be a ton of fun. I'll be sure to keep an eye on how this league continues to play out to see if it's worth following.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »