Home

HOF Limitless Range + Deadeye shooter needs to be removed

This is a discussion on HOF Limitless Range + Deadeye shooter needs to be removed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
HOF Limitless Range + Deadeye shooter needs to be removed

These unrealistic badges alone have caused boring, players stand as cones, 5-out basketball -- due to the unrealistic amount of spacing these shooters create. No one shoots from 40 feet out this consistently, not even the best shooter of all time - Curry. He doesn't even attempt those shots every game.

Also never understood the logic that says if a shot is contested, it's going to help your % ?? Completely counter to what everyone is taught in basketball - take good shots.

How many of these "pro" players would even be good, if these badges didn't exist and 5 out wasn't as viable - and they'd have to actually work the ball around for high quality shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2018, 04:51 PM   #2
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: HOF Limitless Range + Deadeye shooter needs to be removed

Limitless Range definitely needs to be toned down. I don't mind the badge being there, because some guys don't have as steep of a drop off in their shooting percentage from 2-4 feet beyond the arch as others. However, it shouldn't be so powerful that you don't still feel the need to get closer to the line when you shoot. It's just there for those times when it's late in the shot clock (or you end up shooting from a little further out than you might have intended), so you'll have a better chance of hitting a deep 3 than a player without it. But it certainly shouldn't be a shot that you're hunting for. Like you said, Curry might be the best deep-range shooter in history and even he doesn't try but maybe a couple a game.

My understanding of the deadeye badge is that shooters with this badge are less affected by late closeouts. I don't think it's the case that you're better off taking a contested shot with someone with the deadeye badge than taking an open jumper with them. You're always better off taking an open/wide-open jumper than a contested one. It's just that if your defender is a step late closing out, you take less of a penalty on that contested jumper than you would otherwise. It's supposed to replicate those guys in the NBA that you have to stay attached to, because once they get some space and get into their shooting motion, a late contest really isn't going to phase them much. At least, that's the impression I was under on how deadeye worked. Anyone feel free to correct me if that's not the case.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:35 PM   #3
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Limitless Range definitely needs to be toned down. I don't mind the badge being there, because some guys don't have as steep of a drop off in their shooting percentage from 2-4 feet beyond the arch as others. However, it shouldn't be so powerful that you don't still feel the need to get closer to the line when you shoot. It's just there for those times when it's late in the shot clock (or you end up shooting from a little further out than you might have intended), so you'll have a better chance of hitting a deep 3 than a player without it. But it certainly shouldn't be a shot that you're hunting for. Like you said, Curry might be the best deep-range shooter in history and even he doesn't try but maybe a couple a game.

My understanding of the deadeye badge is that shooters with this badge are less affected by late closeouts. I don't think it's the case that you're better off taking a contested shot with someone with the deadeye badge than taking an open jumper with them. You're always better off taking an open/wide-open jumper than a contested one. It's just that if your defender is a step late closing out, you take less of a penalty on that contested jumper than you would otherwise. It's supposed to replicate those guys in the NBA that you have to stay attached to, because once they get some space and get into their shooting motion, a late contest really isn't going to phase them much. At least, that's the impression I was under on how deadeye worked. Anyone feel free to correct me if that's not the case.
If you guard someone with either of these badges on Gold you'll find they may be successful if you're playing bad defense. However, with HOF on both of these badges it's VERY difficult to stop them consistently. Even with good to great defense.

Thats a problem.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:22 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Plus, I think the badges stack on each other which I think they need to get rid of that....
Old 05-15-2018, 08:32 PM   #5
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Limitless range is a problem I agree. Deadeye isn't really. Bank 3's should not be happening as often as they do in 2k either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2018, 10:41 PM   #6
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404

As far as I know, you are correct about Dead-eye badges. They don't boost, but they lower the penalty.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:42 PM   #7
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Limitless range is a problem I agree. Deadeye isn't really. Bank 3's should not be happening as often as they do in 2k either.
Oh... Nice seeing you on here.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:02 AM   #8
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Deadeye is pointless and should have been removed last year once they added Contested shot ratings.

HOF Limitless Range is a joke and a complete mockery of what Stephen Curry did in his 2016 season. He doesn't even take shots like that as often anymore. The badge should definitely be toned down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »