Home

Question for ALL OS'ers - What type of 2K Player are you?

This is a discussion on Question for ALL OS'ers - What type of 2K Player are you? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Type of 2K player are you?
Offline Player / Play Now 26 20.16%
Online Head to Head Player 9 6.98%
Online My Team / My Player 25 19.38%
Offline Player / My League 82 63.57%
Online Head to Head / Online League Player 13 10.08%
Other 10 7.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2018, 01:31 PM   #1
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Question for ALL OS'ers - What type of 2K Player are you?

After reading through the threads in the main forum and seeing the clear disconnect between online and offline players in what they are getting, seeing, or what each group wants it got me thinking. You see the sim nation thread, but I'm almost thinking 1 person playing 5 on 5 games with them as the 1 player controlling the whole team is now the minority and more people here are playing my team or my player modes? That doesn't shock me at all, but I'm more curious to who I am really having conversations with. It's clear that what you get when playing vs a human as opposed to what you get versus the CPU will yield different results. When I suggest a fix or have a complaint in something I think needs to be looked at, fixed, tweaked, or added to a game I am thinking of BOTH playing vs the CPU and the USER. But I see guys in here who are talking about its garbage or too easy, etc but usually thats playing online vs a USER. But it occasionally is guy playing offline as well vs the CPU. I can see where it's hard for 2k to figure out who to listen to and if it's valid or not as well as finding the balance to appease both crowds.

It saddens me to think the 1 player playing as a real team in 5 on 5 online league might be a dying breed?! I am also curious in how many of you could or would play in a sim league that is 82 games, 12 minute quarters heads up in today's game with all the options available to you with other modes? I get the online my league not having the same depth as offline the last few years, but if it did would that interest you? What are the reasons if you have been in a online league that you quit it? The most fun I ever had in a 2k game was in a online league with 2k11 and 2k12. I played all 82. To me I obviously want to win as we all do, but more importantly having a competitive place to go where I'm playing for something (a playoff spot and a championship), and it’s also a place where I know I can get a good sim game vs another sim gamer and have fun and get sucked into the chess match within a game with adjustments, play calls, execution, and strategy vs another human is as good as it gets imo.

I personally didn't play 1 online game this past year for the 1st time ever. One reason being I saw the online league thread by amedawg again so that left a sour note for all league players. Second reason I edited rosters, playbooks, sig shots, and player tendencies all friggin year to get improved and more realistic play vs the CPU to play more life like. That was a success for ME as afterwards I got the best playing CPU vs USER games I have ever gotten from a 2k game with of course a good slider set for ME and MY style. So, I was happy and got a lot of enjoyment from 18 as frustrating as the editing was. That being said I want to return to playing online next year and enjoy the game from a competitive USER vs USER standpoint if at all possible. I've reached out to a few guys to see if thats possible in bringing commishes together to take their top 4-5 most committed guys as well as most competitive players to maybe do a joint league? We will see what happens, if it's possible, or if thats just wishful thinking. Maybe it's a league of 8 users in the West, 8 in the East, and the remaining 14 teams as the CPU. That would make it easier for guys to get games in I'd assume as if there was no USER to play they have all those games vs The CPU to play.

Anyways, I'm curious to hear peoples takes and who is who in here. I will add a poll when I figure out how to, so come back and vote please.

EDIT: I got the poll up... You can have multiple votes if it fits...

Edit 2: I wish I could redo the poll and reword it a bit better as well as add a 2nd poll. Oh well...

1- Do you play as a Real NBA team controlling the whole team Offline Only vs CPU?
2- Do you play as a Real NBA team controlling the whole team Online Only vs another User?
3- Do you play My Team Only?
4- Do you play My Player Only?
5- Do you play Pro Am Only?

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 07-29-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2018, 01:54 PM   #2
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Question for ALL OS'ers - What type of 2K Player are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
.... I am thinking of BOTH playing vs the CPU and the USER. But I see guys in here who are talking about its garbage or too easy, etc but thats playing online vs a USER. I can see where it's hard for 2k to figure out who to listen to and if it's valid or not as well as finding the balance to appease both crowds....
Offline, hall of fame, default sliders, essentially "play now" games only. Never started a myleague game because I stopped playing after 3 weeks into release.

1. Too easy on HOF vs CPU, at default sliders
2. Blow by cheese along the baseline is still in the game.
3. Otto Porter defense leaves a frustrating taste in my mouth (this goes both ways, CPU leaving me wide open for the corner three, and my teammates leaving the CPU wide open for the corner three)
4. Transition get back defense is still poorly coded without the proper get back transition defensive animations. I was looking at some 2k9 gameplay and they actually had better get-back defense animations. I'll make a thread about that at a later date when I get a chance.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 07-28-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Offline, hall of fame, default sliders, essentially "play now" games only. Never started a myleague game because I stopped playing after 3 weeks into release.

1. Too easy on HOF vs CPU, at default sliders
Ya, sliders are a must. If you lock down a good set it plays a GREAT game of basketball! I also found out the difference in play now games as opposed to playoff mode games were night and day! CPU not very attacking and very passive in play now compared to playoff mode. And ACE in playoff HOF mode is legit! I hope 2k19 allows help defense sliders into a roster per team though, because those are all preset to 50 and can only be done within my league or playoff mode. So, guys who say the defense is bad I’d almost guarantee were not touching those. If you change those help defense sliders and set CPU defensive adjustments with help or tag responsibilities it’s night and day but you need to do 30 team control and 99.9% of people either didn’t know about that or never tried it. Trust me though when those are edited the CPU defense is strong!!! For those who have not done this you are missing out!

As far as some of your other complaints I agree with a few and 2k already stated a few of those were fixed for 19. :-)

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 07-28-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 02:20 PM   #4
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Offline MyLeague 95% of the time. Love 12 min qtrs and building a team up from nothing and creating my idealized version of the league. I'll dabble In MyCareer if it has a decent story (2K18 did not). And I play a little head to head with my brother or buddies from time to time.
Old 07-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #5
Pro

90% of the time I'm a Pro-am player, 10% in the park.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2018, 02:33 PM   #6
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Why are my team and my player the same option?
Old 07-28-2018, 02:36 PM   #7
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Why are my team and my player the same option?
Because I’ve never done or used either of them and don’t have a clue how you use them if they are same, separate, etc. LOL! I just created poll quickly and thought I could kind of edit it after. Smh!
Old 07-28-2018, 02:44 PM   #8
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Yeah, I've never touched my team and only play MyPlayer modes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »