Home

The History of the NFL and Madden football.

This is a discussion on The History of the NFL and Madden football. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 08:20 PM   #1
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
The History of the NFL and Madden football.

Who won Superbowl 13? Who was the MVP? Who was the rushing leader in the second year of your CFM? What team has that journeyman QB played for in his career?

What do all these questions have in common?

They're all questions that Madden doesn't have an answer for.

The NFL is chock full of history. Every team and every player has a history. And Madden does a poor job of showcasing it and in many cases ignores it all together.

Madden seems has an aversion to league history. And it has slowly gotten worse over the past 10 years. Just open up the legacy leaderboard. At one point it uad several Hall of fame players at several positions so you could judge current players and see where they stack up against HOF caliber players. Now we have just 1. John Madden himself.

We do have top 10 in many stats. But what about team history? If Sam Darnold becomes the JETS all time leader in passing tds, I want to know.

Things like teams someone has played for is a sorely lacking feature that is missing within CFM. Superbowl winners, losers, mvps, are all lost in the annals of time within CFM. If you SIM your own SuperBowl and win, Madden doesn't notify you in any way and you have to manually go look for it.

Madden seems reluctant to share any information with you and it makes CFM suffer especially long term users of the mode. Madden should learn from it's own history and make strides to include more history in their upcoming games.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 08:29 AM   #2
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The History of the NFL and Madden football.

It seems after a season that season is forgotten forever. It's disappointing. It's about time Madden has Team Records, Playoff Records, Super Bowl Records and everything in between. While also expanding what little records they have. I want to go through stats and for them to be actually recorded. It seems if my WR makes a few tackles on interception returns it disappears forever. I love going through things and remembering those little unmemorable plays. It's a game so there is no reason why everything can't be recorded and stay there for years. It's one of my biggest gripes about the game, when it seems like it's something so small they could add to help with immersion.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:11 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

In offline franchise you can at least make save points after each season. Online it is gone forever.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:38 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
In offline franchise you can at least make save points after each season. Online it is gone forever.
At least with Madden 12 I have been able to create an excel file for my own use of the past in game Superbowl winners, league history, and various statistics (though I can't find my 'retired players' hard copy to create in the file). Unlike The Show, I can see more than 3 years worth of history so I was able to track that offline; conceivably if I wanted to track team v team history I could do that too since it maintains the weekly results. I seem to recall one of the even older Maddens on PC had a much more detailed history of the league.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Who won Superbowl 13? Who was the MVP? Who was the rushing leader in the second year of your CFM? What team has that journeyman QB played for in his career?

What do all these questions have in common?

They're all questions that Madden doesn't have an answer for.

The NFL is chock full of history. Every team and every player has a history. And Madden does a poor job of showcasing it and in many cases ignores it all together.

Madden seems has an aversion to league history. And it has slowly gotten worse over the past 10 years. Just open up the legacy leaderboard. At one point it uad several Hall of fame players at several positions so you could judge current players and see where they stack up against HOF caliber players. Now we have just 1. John Madden himself.

We do have top 10 in many stats. But what about team history? If Sam Darnold becomes the JETS all time leader in passing tds, I want to know.

Things like teams someone has played for is a sorely lacking feature that is missing within CFM. Superbowl winners, losers, mvps, are all lost in the annals of time within CFM. If you SIM your own SuperBowl and win, Madden doesn't notify you in any way and you have to manually go look for it.

Madden seems reluctant to share any information with you and it makes CFM suffer especially long term users of the mode. Madden should learn from it's own history and make strides to include more history in their upcoming games.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
This just goes to show us that EA can care less about CFM. seems that this would be easy to do , track stats for the length of the franchise teams. But lets waste space and memory with bull**** longshot.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »