Home

TGC 2019 Patch #2 and DLC Course

This is a discussion on TGC 2019 Patch #2 and DLC Course within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2018, 12:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
TGC 2019 Patch #2 and DLC Course

2K and HB Studios announced today that The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR will launch...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 12:15 PM   #2
Banned

lions67's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TGC 2019 Patch #2 and DLC Course

And they will be addressing ball physics with a tuner after the patch. Confirmed by Shaun at HB.
Great news all around!
Old 10-02-2018, 02:17 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

• Users will now play in the final groupings throughout Career and Solo Societies

That's my favorite fix on this list. Still not ideal as I want the leaders to tee off as late in the round as possible.

I'd like to see them add the ability to sort through the ghosts by Tee/Pin so I don't have to scroll through pages to find someone playing the same setup as me.

• Added support for viewing the clubs of ghosts from the View Golfer menu.

This is interesting - I just realized you can do this the other day. Now I can see what clubs the ghosts are playing before they tee off. Wonder what change they've made to this. Seems to work just fine as is.

Last edited by djep; 10-02-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:22 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
And they will be addressing ball physics with a tuner after the patch. Confirmed by Shaun at HB.
Great news all around!
Well. Maybe.
Let’s see what they actually do first.

We have to remember the patch/tuner is being done by the same people that released this current spin situation with the retail launch and somehow thought it was “great”.

If you ask me the very first thing that should’ve been patched within two weeks is the spin… Literally before anything else
Old 10-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #5
Banned

lions67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Well. Maybe.

We have to remember the patch/tuner is being done by the same people that released this current spin situation with the retail launch and somehow thought it was “great”.

If you ask me the very first thing that should’ve been patched within two weeks is the spin… Literally before anything else

Well, this is what they say about it.
Promising for sure!!

Let's keep the speculation to a minimum, now that we have things in place and a timeline for the patch. Here's what I can confirm for you, on the gameplay side of things, that wasn't covered in the patch notes - because these changes will be updated via the server after the patch goes live. We're targeting next week for the following gameplay tunings going live:

- Trajectories and RPMs increased to align with PGA apex's and spin rates.
- Surface penalty tunings to reduce the launch speed and spin rates for light rough, heavy rough, and bunkers. These should play between TGC2 and TGC2019 release values.
- Shot shaper distance affects (loss/gain) reduced to a more realistic range.
- Accompanying this will be all of the distance charts for base/min/max loft, for all clubs, for all 3 sets. So all the folks who spent the time charting things out already, don't have to do it again.

Now, again, this is the plan. We want to get this to you guys asap, but we also want to make sure it's solid before we do so. It's a significant change so bear with us while we get right.

Further swing difficulty tuning is something we're waiting for feedback on with the new club tunings before we push forward with that aspect of gameplay updates.

We are listening/reading. I'm on here every single day. I just don't engage that often because A) I have limited bandwidth with all the tuning and changes on the go and B) I refuse to promise or commit to something until its a sure thing. I hope you guys can understand that.

I look forward to getting these changes in your hands and hearing all of your feedback
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 06:40 PM   #6
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Well. Maybe.

I was on this bandwagon at the start also, but after a months play it really only needs a very slight tweak. A couple of clicks up on the loft box for wedges can stop the ball very fast with very little rollout.(Master clubs).
It all got a bit blown out of proportion if you ask me..
Old 10-02-2018, 09:29 PM   #7
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

I could live with the game the way it is. Hope they don't go overboard here. We should still be able to get good distance from fairway bunkers from a good lie damn near what you could achieve from the fairway. First cut should be no loss of distance but with about the same rollout as we currently experience.

I hope they do not make all the other rough play like a US Open course but there needs to be a penalty for offline drives and approaches. Where it gets sticky is on some of the approaches 75 yards and in. They are difficult enough as is without incurring major penalties from the rough.

They need to strike a balance somewhere between TGC2 and the game as it currently exists.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:55 AM   #8
Rookie

binga30's Arena

Can anyone confirm if the putting has been improved at all? It feels so strange with little feedback in the previous games. Also we need to be able to customize our characters swing somewhat. Long backswing, too far inside, over the top etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »