Home

Need Help or Advice: Cannot Beat Last Game of Domination to Save My Life

This is a discussion on Need Help or Advice: Cannot Beat Last Game of Domination to Save My Life within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2018, 08:11 AM   #1
Rookie

ClemsonTiger81's Arena

OVR: 6

I know many of you have done it, but I cannot beat the NBA All-Stars to save my life. I have lost in every conceivable way. I have built a double digit first half lead only to see the all-stars tie it by halftime, hitting contested threes, and its not the defense, i DO get stops, but i CANNOT score consistently if you told me i would win 1 million dollars. They steal anything and everything going into the post, my open shooters miss threes, i get fouled and get no calls, drives that work on other modes get sniffed out immediately. Layups are missed 75% of the time. This game was super enjoyable to this point, but i have tried 9 times now, i got it to 49-47 once , and have never come that close again. I really wanted to beat the normal domination, and just get the Eaton card. But it looking pretty hopeless. Does anyone have any tips on how they did it? Thank you very much in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2018, 02:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Need Help or Advice: Cannot Beat Last Game of Domination to Save My Life

I think the important thing in regular domination is the difficulty. It's all star or pro or whatever the easy one is. That means that stealing is really easy, three pointers go in a lot, and the pick and roll is very effective.

The simplest I can put it is to go for every steal as the point guard dribbles up and try to fast break off that. If you find yourself in the half court offense pick and roll and pick for a three should be easy enough.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:06 AM   #3
Pro

biglami's Arena

OVR: 11

I like the baseline pick and roll (click the left stick to get the screener to change his orientation) with an explosive PG (who isn’t actually a PG) like isiah rider or grant hill. There is a method to how you need to run the guy with the ball too. You can’t attack the basket in a straight line. You need to arc your run. And pump the turbo as you begin the attack, and hold it once you get a head of steam and see daylight.

In the video below, pay attention to how rider explodes as he turns the corner on the pick and rolls. Rider comes off the bench. Hill starts and he sort of can do it but not as awesome as rider. Rider is superhero status when you get the feel for him. I usually bring him in at the end of 1st quarter. Hill has lock up D so he sets the tone for the Insane Maniacs that we mean business. Then we bring in Rider for the KO! I don’t win all my games. I’m in the fantasy domination now and it’s hard as hell. I’m like 1/3 of the way thru on the path to Bernard king. There are YouTube videos on what BS it becomes - like this finals mvp team is dream team plus world best plus Lebron all like 97+. It’s stupid hard.

Some fantasy dom teams were weak; what’s left are insane. So I’m working on getting my guys geared up with badges before my next run. The badges matter - some say strengthen weaknesses others say strengthen strengths- i say augment your system. So I run a full court press so I want bruiser and pick pocket - bruise to wear them out and pick pocket for getting steals when I play off ball D. And pick and roll maestro for helloing rider finish on the roll.

And yes those last couple games for Eaton were intense. I think I won all on missed buzzer beaters from the cpu. Sometimes they make them sometimes they miss. Recently they been making them all- like Ewing for 3 in fantasy dom (in one of my videos) and that puts them up 1 with like 2.7 seconds left.

My headphone/ mic is messed up so I can’t do an audio cast as I stream and hear the game at the same time, if this makes any sense. So I just stream without me talking over it. Enjoy and lemme know if you need more tips!

https://youtu.be/Gm_l67IwE60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by biglami; 10-07-2018 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
Pro

Co-signing this thread 100% I'm only on my 3rd attempt but I'm playing my best ball with my best squad and I'm wondering how ridiculous this will be
Old 10-07-2018, 10:20 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG
Protect the ball with left trigger and improve your team with better players or badges with your current players
Hahaha ok thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2018, 05:38 AM   #6
TGG
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have the same problem against all time heat at schedule 10 from the hornets, im trying stay out of the way from the defenders and take smart shots but untill now i couldn’t beat them with my Ruby players
Old 10-08-2018, 12:35 PM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

Get fast breaks. I play a full court press, and go for a steal until the shot clock is under 10. Then I play off ball D with a big looking for a block or a wing looking for a steal by cutting off a passing lane. I'll try to spread my fouls around so that I don't foul anyone out in the process.

Order of preference on offense goes open dunk/layup, open three, post fade. I try not to take contested layups. I get my post guys hot, they get doubled, I pass out for an open three. I shoot three's on breaks, if open, and I shoot three's anytime a defender sags.

Post guys - Embiid, Boogie, Love, Aldridge
Guards - Gibson, Eddie Jones, Majerle, Felton
Wings - PG13, Butler
Old 10-08-2018, 08:09 PM   #8
Pro

biglami's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG
I have the same problem against all time heat at schedule 10 from the hornets, im trying stay out of the way from the defenders and take smart shots but untill now i couldn’t beat them with my Ruby players
I finally beat them last night, hich require me getting Dirk. My Ruby players (plus Eaton who is more like a Ruby than Amethyst) could not hold Lebron and DWade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »