Home

Park/Rec Center Gameplay Fixes

This is a discussion on Park/Rec Center Gameplay Fixes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2018, 01:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Park/Rec Center Gameplay Fixes

This game is a major upgrade in comparison to 2k18. Here is why.

Let me state that this game is EXTREMELY BETTER than 2k17 & 2k18. 2k16 pre-patches/initial release was beautiful. Another thing, every year my park record is +1000. I give randoms chances etc and play everyone. I am not the greatest but I have been playing since 2k14. Also been playing 2k since 2k3.

Skill Gap is shown through defense. STEALS are fine. The one issue I have is they should have made big men not able to pluck guards.

Players who do not know how to control the ball are getting exposed!

The snatch back and blow by animations are minimal as ever and users who relied on these tactics last year cannot adjust.

Cheesers/Speedboosters who follow the youtube trend dribble combos are predictable as ever. Thank you 2k for adding variety and counters for dribble spammers.

If you get the ball stolen with 85+ Ball Control, it's your own fault.

If you dont trust your ball handling and are up against a defender and frantically throw a PANIC to a teammate it will be stolen.

I love this game with the passing lanes. It makes players adapt to making quick decisions. To me what separates the Good to Bad players is the timing of their passes. Which also helps the existence of the skill gap.

I have builds with below 75 Ball Control and yet I still average minimal turnovers. All I can say is LT/L2 is your best friend along with patience.

If you are a SHARP PRIMARY expect the SPAM BECAUSE YOU SHOULDN'T BE PUTTING THE BALL ON THE FLOOR(Reddick, Korver, Novak, etc)

Now this game is FAR from perfect. But it has POTENTIAL. Here is what I think 2k should FIX.

1. Stretch Bigs need to have limitless tuned down. No big shoots from limitless. Steph Curry really ruined the game. His popularity especially to the casual basketball fan made 2k adjust to their audience by making shooting to easy. its a shame but this something that needs to be adjusted but will not be.

2. PUSH/SHOVE/CHUCK animation needs to be gone. It's not basketball plain and simple. It is a foul.

3. ZIG ZAGGING BEHIND THE INBOUNDER. This is one of the most infuriating thing to guard in 2k. IT IS NOT BASKETBALL. Off ball offensive players hiding behind the check ball handler with the intention to make defenders collide is just not a strategy used in basketball. 2k needs to make defenders not collide and slide/dodge each other.

4. JUMP SHOTS ON THE FASTBREAK NEED TO BE TUNED. Yes the NBA is in the 3 point era. But I am tired of seeing players leaking for 3 pointers and Mid Range Pull Ups. Yes there are players in the NBA today that settle for the jumper and hit on the fast break but this makes the layup USELESS. An open layup beats the open jumper on the break 8 times out of 10.

5. BIGS NEED A LOWER SUCCESS RATE WITH ON BALL STEALS

6. LESS STEALS AFTER REBOUNDS.

7. Tune down shot creator's 3pt success rate spotting up by JUST a LIL BIT.

8. Tune down their 3pt success MOVING by alot. But keep stepbacks successful.

9. The COMMUNITY IS KILLING THIS GAME!

I wanted to share this thread because I feel 2k is getting bashed because of the disparity there is between casual and good players. Then there are the "r teenager crowd who are used to cheesing in previous 2ks and aren't adapting. They resort to non-basketball tactics/strategies to win. Yet they are the majority and loudest who make requests for gameplay changes the most. Then the game gets patched and people's archetypes become useless. And then this whole process repeats.

It's just toxic. I am a pro 1 in park and people dodge games because of records. The ironic thing is most of these people have names that consist of words like "SnagGod" "Dribble" etc. They are used to following the latest trend in cheese found on youtube and are chasing wins.

But it's NOT BASKETBALL. The devs worked hard on this game in terms of balance but it is missed because of the community cheesing for wins. Exploits are in every game, but lets make sure we are making changes to replicate IRL basketball IQ and strategies. Reward that instead of giving in to the complaints because of lack of adaptability.

I am not even going to start on matchmaking as that deserves a whole thread on its own.

For those wondering I have 3 builds:
Post Scoring Shot Creator SG 91
Sharp Lockdown SF 90
Pure Shot Creator PG 87

I get steals with my post shot creator. Think about it I am a shot creator asking them to be nerfed. The success of my defense with other builds inpsired me to make a lockdown to stop people in takeover and I excel in reading passing lanes. People are so predictable. If you are spamming dribble moves why can't I spam on ball steals?

Another thing I don't spam if you are a playmaker or shot creator, I play the bump to initiate bruiser to drain stamina and then reach. I like sliding and not reaching as my Lockdown as people panic and throw a pass where my buddy plays the passing lane. I pick up players 94 feet and press all game.

Last edited by nyccc; 10-08-2018 at 01:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2018, 03:12 AM   #2
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Park/Rec Center Gameplay Fixes

Agree with almost all of your points but still say that steals and interceptions should be nerfed SLIIIIGHTLY.

Every players in the nba can hold the ball with his two hands, however I get stripped of the ball with my big after a rebound or on offense at least once a game while just standing and holding the ball.

Some of those passing interception animations cover just waaayy too much ground and look ridiculous.

However I love that bad point guards that dribble blindly into the crowd are punished hard now and also bad passers, especially on fast breaks.

What i also highly agree with that its not the game itself thats killing it most of the times but the players/community. Its people that think zizagging around the perimeter looking to get their shot off resembles basketball are killing the game.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:29 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

Sorry, but defense and steals are not fine at all, because players who abuse steals (on or off the ball) DON'T GET EXPOSED.

You can spam that button and still be in front of your man or be able to recover.
No hit on stamina.
Reaching fouls are very rare.

It's minimum risk, high reward.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:49 AM   #4
Rookie

As soon as you hit the pass button your 5 opponents spam square, that's not reading the passing lane that's playing the lottery
Old 10-08-2018, 09:12 AM   #5
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
Agree with almost all of your points but still say that steals and interceptions should be nerfed SLIIIIGHTLY.

Every players in the nba can hold the ball with his two hands, however I get stripped of the ball with my big after a rebound or on offense at least once a game while just standing and holding the ball.

Some of those passing interception animations cover just waaayy too much ground and look ridiculous.

However I love that bad point guards that dribble blindly into the crowd are punished hard now and also bad passers, especially on fast breaks.

What i also highly agree with that its not the game itself thats killing it most of the times but the players/community. Its people that think zizagging around the perimeter looking to get their shot off resembles basketball are killing the game.
This.

It comes to a point where you can't make short passes consistently anymore, because people wait for your passing animation and spam the steal button. As the guy mentioned on this thread, low risk high reward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #6
Rookie

I’ve come to the realization that 2k ball and real basketball are not the same and they will never be. Not as long as 2k doesn’t punish players for making dumb basketball ball IQ moves.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 1

You missed the #1 issue, the open 3 point percentage. Pure sharps make these %95 of the time. Watch a few Warriors games and count how many open 3s Klay and Steph miss. You'll be surprised maybe. The reason why an open layup is better than an open 3 is that layups go in about %95 of the time and 3s go in less than %50 of the time.

As long as sharps and stretches can hit that high a percentage and have the speed to get open easily, nothing else you can do will 'fix' rec center.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:22 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
You missed the #1 issue, the open 3 point percentage. Pure sharps make these %95 of the time. Watch a few Warriors games and count how many open 3s Klay and Steph miss. You'll be surprised maybe. The reason why an open layup is better than an open 3 is that layups go in about %95 of the time and 3s go in less than %50 of the time.

As long as sharps and stretches can hit that high a percentage and have the speed to get open easily, nothing else you can do will 'fix' rec center.

Yeah, Klay and Steph also work quite hard for getting an open shot.

In 2k it's way too easy having those "good" shots.

Honestly I smile when I heard "shooting is skill based!" or "shooters are good only at shooting, leave it as it is!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »