Home

Why do we wait for next year this early?

This is a discussion on Why do we wait for next year this early? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2018, 11:02 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Why do we wait for next year this early?

If theres issues 2 months into the game, why do people think 'ah well guess I'll just wait 10 months until the next?', and why do people suggest smaller issues should get fixed a whole next year?

I understand for issues like player Movement why it probably cant be fixed in a patch.

But free throws, ball tangibility, fastbreak logic, tendencies, ML Mentorship... to me this 'its whatever' mentality is part of the reason why 2k is soo comfortable releasing with lots of fixable problems in the first place
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2018, 12:34 AM   #2
MVP

jk31's Arena

Re: Why do we wait for next year this early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
If theres issues 2 months into the game, why do people think 'ah well guess I'll just wait 10 months until the next?', and why do people suggest smaller issues should get fixed a whole next year?

I understand for issues like player Movement why it probably cant be fixed in a patch.

But free throws, ball tangibility, fastbreak logic, tendencies, ML Mentorship... to me this 'its whatever' mentality is part of the reason why 2k is soo comfortable releasing with lots of fixable problems in the first place
Because 2k is 2k? The last two or three Iterations have been like this. Game comes out, I See how many Things are Not working/still bugged for years and think "allright, maybe next time..."
Old 11-12-2018, 01:27 AM   #3
Rookie

At this point both the community and the devs know what needs to be fixed. The community SHOULD know that what could easily be fixed has probably already been addressed in a patch.

There's been 5 patches 2 months into the game. If they couldn't address what they wanted then it is likely not fixable in this iteration.

That means they are completely firm with the things as they are in the game.

Now it seems they just need to implement things for the next game

Here's an example of a much discussed topic on this board using what the company patched during this iteration.

In 2K19 they patched perimeter shot contests because online users thought shooting was OP most especially in the most popular mode MyCareer. They added a shot contest meter and probably adjusted the shot heuristics(what goes into the openness of a shot) many times. Now 5 patches in most people feel the inside game is flawed

Maybe instead of adjusting inside percentages for this iteration the dev team moves on to the next iteration because they feel the inside game is realistic enough and the problems that need to be addressed can't be solved in a patch.

They might approach our inside gameplay problems by making an entire new minigame for getting inside position. Or maybe they are revamping inside animations. Or maybe they are branching out and overhauling the entire contest system to make it different from the perimeter and inside to get a better balance of play for all modes.

That is why we are waiting. The Devs have moved on(focusing on 2K20 and the 2K League) and the gameplay and most of the features aren't changing at least for the consumer. Maybe the 2K Combine or the 2K League will see some of the changes needed for the next iteration but it seems unlikely.

https://www.twitch.tv/orlandotill

Protesting PNO
MTU

PSN: OrlandoTill

Last edited by OrlandoTill; 11-12-2018 at 01:31 AM.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:57 AM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k

Yeah, too many seem to give the devs of NBA2k a pass, far to often, and make it OK for them to fix it, next yr. What we have had 5 patches, now, and yet the foul logic in this game is broken, its the worse its ever been. The only fouls being called are reach ins, and shooting fouls inside the paint. Pretty much everyone who plays offline, has complained about the lack of fouls, yet the devs continue to ignore the issue. I typically refrain from talking negative about the devs, because it not always there fault, but in this case, this is their fault. You call your game a simulation of the NBA, and supposedly have quality control testers who test the game before release, so there is no way, they dont know that the lack of fouls being a major flaw. So either the tester, are morons, who know nothing about the NBA, or the game simply isnt being tested before release

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-12-2018, 02:12 AM   #5
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

I think thats just the way 2k wants it, they know people are buying the game because theres no other true basketball games out there, and if they keep people thinking things they want fixed may be in the next game, thats incentive to buy the next game, which is all they really care about, sales, its cheap and unfair marketing and developing, but at this point thats normal for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2018, 03:04 AM   #6
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoTill
At this point both the community and the devs know what needs to be fixed. The community SHOULD know that what could easily be fixed has probably already been addressed in a patch.

There's been 5 patches 2 months into the game. If they couldn't address what they wanted then it is likely not fixable in this iteration.

That means they are completely firm with the things as they are in the game.

Now it seems they just need to implement things for the next game

Here's an example of a much discussed topic on this board using what the company patched during this iteration.

In 2K19 they patched perimeter shot contests because online users thought shooting was OP most especially in the most popular mode MyCareer. They added a shot contest meter and probably adjusted the shot heuristics(what goes into the openness of a shot) many times. Now 5 patches in most people feel the inside game is flawed

Maybe instead of adjusting inside percentages for this iteration the dev team moves on to the next iteration because they feel the inside game is realistic enough and the problems that need to be addressed can't be solved in a patch.

They might approach our inside gameplay problems by making an entire new minigame for getting inside position. Or maybe they are revamping inside animations. Or maybe they are branching out and overhauling the entire contest system to make it different from the perimeter and inside to get a better balance of play for all modes.

That is why we are waiting. The Devs have moved on(focusing on 2K20 and the 2K League) and the gameplay and most of the features aren't changing at least for the consumer. Maybe the 2K Combine or the 2K League will see some of the changes needed for the next iteration but it seems unlikely.
No.I rather think that 2k does simply Not Know about Many issues. Go and read the MLO threads. The MLO dev Was completely unaware that nearly anything was Not working as intended in this Mode. The Problem is to really reach the devs with Bug reports. Tell me a reliable way to report Bugs. Posting in here? Will likely be overlooked. Creating a Support Ticket? Likely you just get a copy paste answer asking for you to clear your Browser Cache. Using Twitter? Likely will get overlooked.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:50 AM   #7
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
I think thats just the way 2k wants it, they know people are buying the game because theres no other true basketball games out there, and if they keep people thinking things they want fixed may be in the next game, thats incentive to buy the next game, which is all they really care about, sales, its cheap and unfair marketing and developing, but at this point thats normal for them.

Yep, your a 100% correct, they know they dont have any real competition, and its because of this, they are able to get by with dirty marketing tactics, and its why they ignore, some issues, like the broken foul logic, that is causing a lack of fouls being called. Basically every hardcore basketball fan, that plays offline modes like MyLeague, and MyGM have been complaining about this, and still not fixed or even mentioned by the devs. Its why things like this go unfixed every year, and in some cases, several yrs, before being fixed.

There motto is if you stay quite and ignore the complaints, especially when it comes to offline gameplay, and ML/ MyGM, people will eventually quit complaining, and be onto some other game. Then when its time start up their hype machine for next yr release, they will talk about all the new additions, and some of the things they improved, and even at time, making you believe that last yrs issue had been corrected, and that ends up not being true.

The 1 thing that the developers of NBA2k do well, is there hype machine, they have that perfected, making a simulation of the NBA, not so much

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-12-2018, 03:58 AM   #8
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

2k couldn’t care less about OS community issues, it’s not who the game is catered to, so they occasionally throw in some realistic aspect that won’t bother MyCAREER players like freelances.

They have no QA, it’s not an excuse to say “the MLO dev didn’t know everything wasn’t working” because that’s his JOB, I shouldn’t have to create a ticket for 2k to know something as simple as contract extensions aren’t working, you literally just have to sim a few months. They have no excuse for the fact that MLO is unplayable rn and you have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting into a match, they have no excuse for the laughable player tendencies that resemble nothing like the players they represent.

THEY. DO NOT. CARE.
They won’t fix fouls, which have been a legacy issue for as long as I remember playing 2k. Not this year, not next year.
They will not bother with tendencies because why would they? Are people not buying VC because of it?
The developers are not saints, for some reason if you mention any of them in a negative way you get attacked, especially if said dev was an OS member.

We either boycott the game (hahaha yeah right, gamers actually being smart consumers) or this keeps happening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »