Home

Fatigue and Awareness observations

This is a discussion on Fatigue and Awareness observations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2018, 07:00 PM   #1
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

OVR: 0
Fatigue and Awareness observations

Just noticing some things that I wanted to share..

First off, some parameters.
Coach mode players using Matt10 sliders with
* Chedapalazzo's coaching agression settings (DEF15/85 OFF85/15)
*Holding block and Big Run to aggressive (cause Fumbles)
* 'watch' all special teams
* I use all coach skill trees (max two per block for recruiting)

This season, I followed Silver Bullet's suggestion of resetting Awareness for all my players above 77 back down to 76 AND started to do a fatigue reset at half which now has turned to the first offensive series of the second half (lol- I kept forgetting to change it back after kickoff).

What I've found is games that play truer to ratings.

Two seasons ago, my 90 team won the BCS going 14-0. Last year's 88 made it to the BCS again, this time losing.

That being said, I had 95+ PSU teams that would lose a game or two, so I think strength of schedule does come into play (PSU would follow SB's recommendation of 'A' strength. The Big12 is so weak the best I can do sometimes is "B" or "B+" as was the case last year.

This year, I'm using the fatigue reset as well as the Awareness adjustment and I have found the games to be MUCH CLOSER with a team that is 90 overall (I've won three games this season by a FG or less with two coming on the last play against 86, 86 and 81 teams). I lost to an 84 Colorado team (27-17) and got drilled 36-21 by a 93 Air Force team. Ironically enough, I was leading 17-14 in the 2nd Q when the game crashed, so I restarted only to lose.

Game play observations include the opponents being able to run the ball with authority (I'm ranked 23rd in rush defence - not #1 lol) and my offense not being as high octane. Now this could be awareness related - or it could be related to havng a new OC and going from 27 to 14 on the skill tree.

With awareness dummied down to 76, I'm surpirised to see even with my 89 or 91 QB's I'm consistently STILL around 75% when it comes to passing (again, my offense runs a lot of short and intermediate routes).

As for Fatigue, I've noticed a slight uptick with opposing teams in the fourth quarter but nothing major.

Oh yeah, one final thing.

I SAW A BLOCKED PUNT!! Well kind of. Backed up to the one, I had to punt, hit watch play and then took a sip of my drink only to see that I had given up a safety as the other team blocked the punt (we recovered), Had to go to replay to believe it. First time ever and I've PLAYED - not simmed - by my estimate close to 300 games of NCAA14 in various dynasties.

Anyway, enough rambling. Just thought I'd share these observations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Fatigue and Awareness observations

Cool thread. Thanks for the observations and information.

Couple of queries.

1) so 77 is like some magic step up and significantly better than 76? Does this mean there are other magic step up points?

2) Does fatigue have anything to do with the CPU tendency to start to throw screen passes late in the game? Specifically, does the fatigue reset you do fix this? That's one thing I'd definitely like to correct. But i don't want fatigue to go away. Sometimes there are games on the road especially where my team is getting dog tired against fast break teams within 3-4 snaps and it's really key to the CPU doing well.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:21 AM   #3
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Cool thread. Thanks for the observations and information.

Couple of queries.

1) so 77 is like some magic step up and significantly better than 76? Does this mean there are other magic step up points?

2) Does fatigue have anything to do with the CPU tendency to start to throw screen passes late in the game? Specifically, does the fatigue reset you do fix this? That's one thing I'd definitely like to correct. But i don't want fatigue to go away. Sometimes there are games on the road especially where my team is getting dog tired against fast break teams within 3-4 snaps and it's really key to the CPU doing well.
1- Don't know. I was just followig SilverBullets house rule. I don't know if he had done any testing regarding a "sweet spot" for AWA

2- I still see some screens but I see WAY more downfield passes in Coach Mode. Now this cold b due to fatigue reset OR more likely Chadapaloza's coach agression slider adjustments (He did a detailed breakdown in one thread).

Good luck - hope you find that right set of sliders.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:26 AM   #4
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan32
1- Don't know. I was just followig SilverBullets house rule. I don't know if he had done any testing regarding a "sweet spot" for AWA

2- I still see some screens but I see WAY more downfield passes in Coach Mode. Now this cold b due to fatigue reset OR more likely Chadapaloza's coach agression slider adjustments (He did a detailed breakdown in one thread).

Good luck - hope you find that right set of sliders.
Thanks man. My combination of play style, sliders, settings, and frankly not being real good anymore lead to a ton of fun with this game. I'm currently in 2020 and my head coach has a record of 76-29, good enough to be considered pretty dominant but certainly not Chris Petersen at Boise good. I'm 32-7 in the past three years so getting better, 15-7 vs. rivals, and recently evened up my record against Top 25 teams (14-14). For the longest time with Idaho, I could not buy a win against a Top 25 squad!
Old 01-03-2019, 05:06 PM   #5
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I'm just chiming in to say... I have no knowledge of what this awareness edit house rule is I think you've got me mixed up with someone else on that one lol.

I'm debating between keeping fatigue off or continuing to do the reset at the half

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2019, 08:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I'm just chiming in to say... I have no knowledge of what this awareness edit house rule is I think you've got me mixed up with someone else on that one lol.

I'm debating between keeping fatigue off or continuing to do the reset at the half
My bad. I tried a search and came up empty but I’m pretty sure it’s Pocket Scouts - it’s the one with the six level recruiting restrictions (levels 1-6) three visits, no scouting etc
Old 01-03-2019, 09:07 PM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan32
My bad. I tried a search and came up empty but I’m pretty sure it’s Pocket Scouts - it’s the one with the six level recruiting restrictions (levels 1-6) three visits, no scouting etc

No worries I often forget where or who suggested certain ideas first!

While we’re at it the fatigue reset was actually originated by young22, I’m just more active than he is

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-05-2019, 03:08 AM   #8
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

Second year into the 3rd quarter reset and I’m seeing two “fresher” teams in the 3rd and also seeing the opposition put some points on the board against me.

The strange thing is flipped teams once late in the 4th q to check the fatigue factor on the offence.

Now some background, we’ve all probably had those situations were the other team has 1 and 10 in their 25 late in the 4th. The previous drive has been a Touchdown and now you’re expecting more. The opponent just marched 84 yards with relative ease to score 6. So I’m expecting them to hammer me again. But no, two sloppy running plays and an incomplete pass force a punt - you get field position and salt it away.

So, I flip controllers to check on the opposition thinking that the poor series is a result of fatigue. NOPE. SOLID GREEN.

I wonder if fatigue is also in SOME part some in-game feature that is like “momentum” “home field” that can’t be quantified...

Last edited by Trojan32; 01-05-2019 at 03:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »