Home

Ball Hawk CB/Safety No Animation

This is a discussion on Ball Hawk CB/Safety No Animation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2019, 01:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ball Hawk CB/Safety No Animation

I have had a problem that seems to occur at the worst times where the AI throws a deep bomb and I see my safety/CB has perfect positioning and I switch to them and hit the Y or ball hawk interception button only to see the ball fly slightly over his head and the AI WR sprint 80 yards for the TD.

I have ball hawk turned on so I thought my guy was supposed to try and assume the right position? So when I see my player, and he is basically stopped I assume he is in the right position so I don't try to move him I just switch and go for the pick yet I don't get a jump or anything. The ball flies right over my head even though on replay it looks like a ball my guy could have easily made a jump and made a play on.

Is this happening to anyone else? And if so how have you dealt with it? It doesnt happen often, but when it does it is basically 7 for the AI regardless of where they are on the field.

I also have an issue where my LB is like 2 feet away when AI makes a throw over the middle yet when I press Y as the pass is thrown I get no animation just nothing. Ball zips right by me to a receiver who I am practically standing on top of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Ball Hawk CB/Safety No Animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddera
I have had a problem that seems to occur at the worst times where the AI throws a deep bomb and I see my safety/CB has perfect positioning and I switch to them and hit the Y or ball hawk interception button only to see the ball fly slightly over his head and the AI WR sprint 80 yards for the TD.

I have ball hawk turned on so I thought my guy was supposed to try and assume the right position? So when I see my player, and he is basically stopped I assume he is in the right position so I don't try to move him I just switch and go for the pick yet I don't get a jump or anything. The ball flies right over my head even though on replay it looks like a ball my guy could have easily made a jump and made a play on.

Is this happening to anyone else? And if so how have you dealt with it? It doesnt happen often, but when it does it is basically 7 for the AI regardless of where they are on the field.

I also have an issue where my LB is like 2 feet away when AI makes a throw over the middle yet when I press Y as the pass is thrown I get no animation just nothing. Ball zips right by me to a receiver who I am practically standing on top of.
I'm in a large online franchise with a bunch of guys and has had instances where it feels like Ball Hawk is outright disabled for me. No matter how many times I am in the right position, some games, my guys just won't animate. Guys in the franchise have experienced the same thing. (Competitive Mode).

I've also experienced it playing regs. That probably doesn't help, but it doesn't sound like it's just you.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes, happens to me all the time. I never go for the pick unless the receiver isn't close enough to make a catch. Swat works well this year. You would think the db would at least make an effort to go for the ball instead of just standing there.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:06 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinersFan49
Yes, happens to me all the time. I never go for the pick unless the receiver isn't close enough to make a catch. Swat works well this year. You would think the db would at least make an effort to go for the ball instead of just standing there.
Pic below is a great example. I had perfect position anticipated the route perfectly and I did get an animation, but it was a swat the ball animation. Before anyone thinks I may have accidentally hit X, I never try to swat, I am too greedy. So have no idea why I couldn't get a pick there.

It seems to me the only real way to get them consistently is to be following behind as a corner and you time the jump on a poorly thrown ball or completely lurk well underneath with LB and get a jumping pick. I just don't have much luck sticking with the route and trying to steal the ball.
Attached Images
File Type: png Madden NFL 19 Screenshot 2019.02.04 - 22.56.07.32.png (2.43 MB, 100 views)
Old 02-05-2019, 10:17 AM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Been seeing this a lot more the last month or two as well. In one of the early patches they supposedly fixed a bug that disabled animations for ball hawk if it was incorrectly timed and changed it so that it would still display an animation so the user would know that it registered their attempt but the timing was off.

I'm not sure what the deal is with this though. It's been happening enough to be consistently frustrating when I'm in the perfect spot for the INT and the dude refuses to put his hands up. I've seen it with corners, safeties, and LB's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2019, 10:52 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Been seeing this a lot more the last month or two as well. In one of the early patches they supposedly fixed a bug that disabled animations for ball hawk if it was incorrectly timed and changed it so that it would still display an animation so the user would know that it registered their attempt but the timing was off.

I'm not sure what the deal is with this though. It's been happening enough to be consistently frustrating when I'm in the perfect spot for the INT and the dude refuses to put his hands up. I've seen it with corners, safeties, and LB's.
When I do the skill trainer on this and hit Y my guy jumps out and intercepts the pass quickly yet in real games I just get nothing. It is extremely frustrating because there is nothing worse then being in the perfect position, which is hard to do, only to have the ball zip right under your nose for a completion. What should have been a negative play for your opponent ends up a positive play.

Has anyone tried turning ball hawk off?
Old 02-06-2019, 12:05 AM   #7
Rookie

Happened a couple more times today. Same LB in what I would consider the best possible position to get a pick and no animation at all. One was a critical 3rd down and of course the receiver catches the ball and gets the first down.

What really pisses me off the most about this is if I throw any of these passes against the AI the exact opposite happens. My receiver will not try to make a play on the ball and they end up with an interception. You guys know what I am talking about. The contested ball that you know is going to be a pick right after you hit the button and 9/10 it is.

So I looked at my LB and he statistically is not great, but he has good speed and great block shedding. But I wonder if his catching being 50 and man to man being 60 has anything to do with me not getting any interception animations? His zone is 74 so it is not bad, but I play him more man over the middle, I move him around a lot. No idea if any of this matters, but I hope it does. Its better than if the game is just not working properly.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:47 AM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddera
Happened a couple more times today. Same LB in what I would consider the best possible position to get a pick and no animation at all. One was a critical 3rd down and of course the receiver catches the ball and gets the first down.

What really pisses me off the most about this is if I throw any of these passes against the AI the exact opposite happens. My receiver will not try to make a play on the ball and they end up with an interception. You guys know what I am talking about. The contested ball that you know is going to be a pick right after you hit the button and 9/10 it is.

So I looked at my LB and he statistically is not great, but he has good speed and great block shedding. But I wonder if his catching being 50 and man to man being 60 has anything to do with me not getting any interception animations? His zone is 74 so it is not bad, but I play him more man over the middle, I move him around a lot. No idea if any of this matters, but I hope it does. Its better than if the game is just not working properly.

Good thought, but my safety that i usually user with is 80 catching, and mid/high 90's on man, zone, play rec, awareness... everything that would factor into making the catch. Granted, he does catch them the majority of the time but every once in awhile his hands won't even go up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »