Home

Best Roster for MyLeague?

This is a discussion on Best Roster for MyLeague? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2019, 11:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best Roster for MyLeague?

Hi all,

Looking for some advice - I'm after the most accurate, immersive roster for using in a MyLeague, any ideas? I'm not too bothered about having all the latest trades, e.g. KP to Mavs, etc. but equipment, attributes, rotations, playbooks, etc. would ideally be close to real life. Is the Official 2K roster the best for this? Or is there a custom one that is head and shoulders above the rest?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2019, 03:19 PM   #2
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Re: Best Roster for MyLeague?

I personally stick with the official 2k rosters. There are multiple roster creators that put a lot of work into their rosters and I respect that, but none ever feel right to me. This is from trying different ones out over multiple NBA 2k games.

My 2 cents is the official 2k ones but it wouldn't hurt to try others. They might feel right for you.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 02-07-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:56 AM   #3
Rookie

The fact that funkycorm said that makes me think he's an actual employee of 2k, haha. The 2k Rosters are trash. Indisputably bad in almost every conceivable way. Ratings are off, tendencies are way way off for almost every single player. They famously didn't get Luka Doncic's position or height right in this game. The no-doubt rookie of the year in the NBA had both his position and height wrong.

If you're on ps4, the attention to detail roster for ps4 is amazing, it tries to combine all the work that other people have done into one big roster file.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:07 AM   #4
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chederer
The fact that funkycorm said that makes me think he's an actual employee of 2k, haha. The 2k Rosters are trash. Indisputably bad in almost every conceivable way. Ratings are off, tendencies are way way off for almost every single player. They famously didn't get Luka Doncic's position or height right in this game. The no-doubt rookie of the year in the NBA had both his position and height wrong.

If you're on ps4, the attention to detail roster for ps4 is amazing, it tries to combine all the work that other people have done into one big roster file.
LOL. Nah. My thing is that I play 1 game, sim 4-5, play 1 sim 4-5. This means I get multiple seasons into a franchise. Badges that were removed from players start being earned by current players or by rookie classes coming in. I edit my own draft classes to a point, mostly for age and a few odd things the draft class generator does. But I prefer randomly generated classes. Changes the feel of the league for each dynasty.

I never said I love the 2k rosters, I said I stick with them. I don't disagree they are sub par. Trust me, I edited Luka and a few other players first thing.

The attention to detail rosters are good. Never said they weren't. But like I said, the way I play, they don't feel right. It's also why I suggested he try others.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 02-15-2019, 12:24 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
LOL. Nah. My thing is that I play 1 game, sim 4-5, play 1 sim 4-5. This means I get multiple seasons into a franchise. Badges that were removed from players start being earned by current players or by rookie classes coming in. I edit my own draft classes to a point, mostly for age and a few odd things the draft class generator does. But I prefer randomly generated classes. Changes the feel of the league for each dynasty.

I never said I love the 2k rosters, I said I stick with them. I don't disagree they are sub par. Trust me, I edited Luka and a few other players first thing.

The attention to detail rosters are good. Never said they weren't. But like I said, the way I play, they don't feel right. It's also why I suggested he try others.
AKA, this guys cheeses and good rosters limit that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2019, 02:31 PM   #6
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

To get back on topic, I love the Attention to Detail roster. He has a lot of tendencies that the main roster leaves out that bear out over a season. Combined with Schnaidt's Gameplay and MyLeague sliders, you have a real nice 5-year franchise experience. Unfortunately with progression being what it is you can't go too much farther than that with ultra-realistic results, but for the vast majority it's plenty.

He is currently working on an updated version that I am anxiously awaiting to start my own MyLeague.

- Rick Wise
Old 02-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

I have a Fictional MyLeague Roster on Xbox if you are looking for something different. Everything is edited including Playbooks & Peak Ages.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 02-17-2019, 11:55 AM   #8
Just started!

What's the name of your fictional myleague roster on xbone?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »