Home

Some of these Moment missions are dumb

This is a discussion on Some of these Moment missions are dumb within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2019, 06:16 PM   #1
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Some of these Moment missions are dumb

So I’m starting to notice how a lot of these moment missions just aren’t fun.

Get a walk in 1 at bat with Hicks...spent 45 minutes trying this because the CPU threw strikes every time.

Get a hit an RBI with Speinger but 90% of the time he gets up with nobody on base.

Get 2 put outs (several fielders have this) but so many times the ball never comes your way.

There are more but I don’t want to list every one of them. I don’t expect to be given things easy but I do prefer to play rather than watch. Way too many things happen that you have zero control of and it’s a waste of time and simply boring. I like the old mission structure better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2019, 06:34 PM   #2
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Re: Some of these Moment missions are dumb

Honestly, I'm just not a fan at all of them. It's boring to me, to keep just repeating a mission to try and pass it, with that being all your doing. I don't really feel the "immersion" at all, especially as you attempt the same mission for the 30th time. I don't even feel any real sense of accomplishment when I succeed, just relief that I don't have to do it any more
Old 03-29-2019, 07:04 PM   #3
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Honestly, I'm just not a fan at all of them. It's boring to me, to keep just repeating a mission to try and pass it, with that being all your doing. I don't really feel the "immersion" at all, especially as you attempt the same mission for the 30th time. I don't even feel any real sense of accomplishment when I succeed, just relief that I don't have to do it any more
Exactly I would rather just have stat based missions. Spending 45 minutes waiting for a walk to gain +10 points doesn’t feel rewarding and certainly isn’t fun
Old 03-29-2019, 08:00 PM   #4
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Exactly I would rather just have stat based missions. Spending 45 minutes waiting for a walk to gain +10 points doesn’t feel rewarding and certainly isn’t fun
They need a better creative director, or just some common sense. The fact that most of the content in diamond dynasty right now doesnt even let me use my diamond dynasty team is astoundingly stupid.

Im getting pretty bored already, which is a really bad sign.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:27 PM   #5
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
They need a better creative director, or just some common sense. The fact that most of the content in diamond dynasty right now doesnt even let me use my diamond dynasty team is astoundingly stupid.

Im getting pretty bored already, which is a really bad sign.
I completed the 3 conquests today, I've done almost all of the 1st inning moments, so what else is there for me to do offline? I've only had the game 3 days and I've hardly been grinding ridiculously. .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2019, 10:01 PM   #6
MVP

ph33's Arena

While I think it could be better, I do think whatever they got this year is WAAAAY better than "get 500 homers with left fielders for one card"
Old 03-29-2019, 10:30 PM   #7
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
While I think it could be better, I do think whatever they got this year is WAAAAY better than "get 500 homers with left fielders for one card"
Well I would say they are both bad. The grinds were way too long last year but these things are just way to boring. I just spent 1 hour doing one moment and it wasn’t because I couldn’t do it it was because the game itself rarely afforded me the opportunity to complete the requirement. Then started to do another and found I was so bored I couldn’t focus and just quit. At least with the grinds I was playing the game this Just feels awful. First time ever I’m cimsidering hanging it up and I love this game. Diamond Dybasty is my only mode and I like doing stuff to improve my team for online play but I don’t spend money on packs and I don’t see myself doing these ridiculous moments to improve my squad....they just aren’t fun.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:22 PM   #8
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Well I would say they are both bad. The grinds were way too long last year but these things are just way to boring. I just spent 1 hour doing one moment and it wasn’t because I couldn’t do it it was because the game itself rarely afforded me the opportunity to complete the requirement. Then started to do another and found I was so bored I couldn’t focus and just quit. At least with the grinds I was playing the game this Just feels awful. First time ever I’m cimsidering hanging it up and I love this game. Diamond Dybasty is my only mode and I like doing stuff to improve my team for online play but I don’t spend money on packs and I don’t see myself doing these ridiculous moments to improve my squad....they just aren’t fun.
I completely agree, and its all that grinding for an 82 overall Bryce Harper or Ben Zobrist, those cards wouldnt even play on my team now, nevermind down the line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »