Home

Stacked Guard

This is a discussion on Stacked Guard within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Stacked Guard

I've finished a few fights from this position recently and I'm trying to understand why...

Are these players spamming their sub counter transition, in hopes of getting it, then simply getting their head smashed with straight punches?

I'm perplexed at these finishes, because these players seemed capable in other positions (faking and denying), but they were easily finished in stacked guard. Which isn't that difficult a position to escape, providing there's no considerable stamina advantage, right?

Anyone have trouble with this position? Experience the same or similar?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2019, 05:36 PM   #2
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Re: Stacked Guard

Any time I try to use stacked against anyone halfway decent I get sub countered. Drives me crazy, lol.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 07-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Any time I try to use stacked against anyone halfway decent I get sub countered. Drives me crazy, lol.
Always punch with the hand not holding their head and when you do punch the other side make sure it’s a single never double up on it and mix it in occasionally to give false hope of a submission counter
Old 07-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Always punch with the hand not holding their head and when you do punch the other side make sure it’s a single never double up on it and mix it in occasionally to give false hope of a submission counter
He’s talking about stacked guard where you’re standing up on your feet.

So holding the head doesn’t matter, but it’s still the same idea of mixing up the punches to avoid the sub counter.

I personally do not punch from stacked guard against someone I know is looking for a sub. There’s no reliable way to avoid that sub counter. I recommend people look to pass to half as soon as possible.

Also another thing, keep in mind the guy on bottom has a momentum sweep as soon as you get to stacked. So be ready to deny RT + down for the first split second after attaining stacked.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:11 PM   #5
MVP

1212 was actually right, just not completely clear. The hand that WAS holding the head in full guard before going to stacked.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 09:11 AM   #6
Rookie

I was presuming the sub-counter will always be in one direction (does anyone have the armbar & triangle counter? Maybe Ortega?).

Reason being, anytime I mix in the other hand, that tends and up with them pulling off the counter. There's times I've thrown just the one han d and got the finish and I presume it's because they are constantly trying to hit the counter for the other hand. Some players also seem to let you smash on them with the one punch until the final blow, then go for the bump.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:33 PM   #7
Rookie

edit-focused post more on avoiding sub not doing damage
Never start off with a punch right away.

You can easily tell when someone is trying to trap you with a sub, ..when you see they are waiting to trap it, long pauses and transition fakes, mixed in with the occasional hammerfist to the body will make it very difficult for them to time it and it will open them up for head strikes. most players are prepared for the timing to trap a quick strike, not a hammerfist to the body. if you've already done enough damage to win the round sometimes I'll just fake transitions and take long pauses while the clock ticks while occasionally throwing a hammer fist to body .just stay unpredictable... I do it differently everytime I get the position

Last edited by burningxspirit; 07-25-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:13 AM   #8
MVP

How do you do the submission from stacked guard ? Also does the offensive fighter in stacked have an submissions too ? I don't think so .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »