Home

New Pass Trajectories

This is a discussion on New Pass Trajectories within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2019, 05:11 PM   #1
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3
New Pass Trajectories

So now that the game has been out a couple weeks now. What do people think of the new pass trajectories? Some are very nice to watch and pull off. But why eliminate a human being's ability to jump? No Linebackers can jump or leap (it rarely happens if it does). Its a bummer and kills the immersion. I understand that the superhuman jumps were frustrating past couple years, but sometimes athletes make plays. I hate when a DB is still back towards the QB and can still pick off or swat the play down (this is when playing CPU). Just wanting to see everyone else's opinion and if they plan to keep it this way for the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 06:03 PM   #2
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: New Pass Trajectories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
So now that the game has been out a couple weeks now. What do people think of the new pass trajectories? Some are very nice to watch and pull off. But why eliminate a human being's ability to jump? No Linebackers can jump or leap (it rarely happens if it does). Its a bummer and kills the immersion. I understand that the superhuman jumps were frustrating past couple years, but sometimes athletes make plays. I hate when a DB is still back towards the QB and can still pick off or swat the play down (this is when playing CPU). Just wanting to see everyone else's opinion and if they plan to keep it this way for the season.
For the season? I highly doubt the super human LB's will ever return. It is a million times better this way and I haven't heard one person complain about it. LB's can still jump, I make tons of user plays. You aren't going to pick off a pass 15 feet in the air anymore though, sorry. I dunno how you can say it kills the immersion, I guess you want arcade NFL blitz football. Learn how to read developing routes and then you can make plays on the ball. You can't expect to be a mile away from the ball and catch it.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:16 PM   #3
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

OVR: 0

Dudes running full speed dont jump very high man
Old 08-14-2019, 07:22 PM   #4

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

The one thing they need to work on is those fades in the back corner of the end zone. It’s impossible to throw them.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:31 PM   #5
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

Does not kill immersion, it’s a video game, that’s kills immersion, silly humans lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 08:58 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
The one thing they need to work on is those fades in the back corner of the end zone. It’s impossible to throw them.
Coach- "I want you to run a fade route and high point that ball McKluski! This is for the championship"

McKluski- "Gotcha coach!" *tries to catch the ball over his shoulder*

Commentators- "You hate to see it."
Old 08-14-2019, 09:45 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
The new pass trajectories, and passing in general, are amazing. Just dropped a beautiful pass to my running back downfield running an angle route. I dropped it well over the linebacker's head and in front of the safety. No way would I be able to have made that throw in previous iterations.

The only thing I feel needs tuning is LB's being a bit overly nerfed when I make a mistake and throw a ball that the defender should have a chance to make a play on. At times, I've seen LB's "crouch down" and watch the ball go by them, with no attempt made at swatting the ball. I'd like to see that remedied, but leave the trajectories just as they are. It's spot on.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:17 PM   #8
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
The new pass trajectories, and passing in general, are amazing. Just dropped a beautiful pass to my running back downfield running an angle route. I dropped it well over the linebacker's head and in front of the safety. No way would I be able to have made that throw in previous iterations.

The only thing I feel needs tuning is LB's being a bit overly nerfed when I make a mistake and throw a ball that the defender should have a chance to make a play on. At times, I've seen LB's "crouch down" and watch the ball go by them, with no attempt made at swatting the ball. I'd like to see that remedied, but leave the trajectories just as they are. It's spot on.
Edge, I was thinking the same thing up until this weekend when suddenly CPU linebackers in the middle of the field seemed to get their hands on the ball or flat out intercept it at a much higher rate then before. Almost made me think EA secretly patched/tuned this. But yesterday it was (almost) all back to normal. I don't know, maybe I just overreacted on couple of poor throws on my part... hopefully.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »