Home

Is it just me or is the pie chart just archetypes?

This is a discussion on Is it just me or is the pie chart just archetypes? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2019, 05:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is it just me or is the pie chart just archetypes?

Where is the pie chart that splits 3 categories equally and leaves one very small? Better yet, where is the utility player with all 4 evenly spread out? I just loaded it up for the first time and I'm still looking through the builder but this is almost like choosing your 2 skills (or just one big slice) and editing it via height, weight and wingspan....2k19.

If I'm doing something wrong please let me know?

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2019, 06:46 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Is it just me or is the pie chart just archetypes?

so you've figured it out OP. you are correct. It is just archs hidden under charts.

when you see more than 2 or is it 3 things lit up in any one area. you then know thats a PURE arch.

You want a pure Arch defender in 2k20. make sure you have 3 or more rating blocks lit up in the Red area for DEF/REB.

SO yes its the exact same as last year. just is a bit more obvious to how the archs are setup. like what the exact splits are overall. thats all they did here. they gave you a visual of the numbers to keep you from having to literally write down all the numbers to see where you're at on certain builds. now you can eyeball it and see it.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

So how could some one make a split archetype with a 3rd skill as reported?? I just want a 2 way slasher that can hit miss. I'd take a 75 mid.

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 08-22-2019, 08:14 PM   #4
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Nah you right bro, it was quite an enthusiastic finesse job by 2k. It's still extremely limiting especially for bigs with just a modicum of more freedom than 2k19 in regards to assigning badges.

Whoever thought assigning an entire basketball player's into 4 skill sets, placing tight limitations on the individual skills within those buckets...i mean PIE CHARTS, then giving you an even more limited amount of attribute points to assign to those capped skills made sense in regards to the freedom to create unique players spent too much time getting hit in the face with a dodgeball in 2k19.

I keep hurting myself rolling my eyes at the loud *** youtubers screaming that this is the coolest thing ever, archetypes are gone etc etc. Finesssssed

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 08-22-2019, 08:18 PM   #5
Rookie

YannisLB's Arena

Im a bit disappointed also, we are still limited and still cannot make a real NBA superstar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2019, 08:45 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

When I first heard Pie Charts on community day, I was skeptical. Then YouTubers were hyping it up. Devs were saying you can build it your way like it was fully customizable. Then they said how you have over 415 Attributes and you could set the caps yourself after you pick your skill set. I thought cool you can fully set your attributes how you want. I was immediately wrong.

We pick a skill set and have to decide how to limit ourselves. So we still can't create a true superstar player. Even if they have custom pie charts, it still will be limiting if we can't truly set the attributes caps.

It would at least be nice if we could choose one of those 10 pie charts and that be our build. Where the maximum ratings for the skillset are the attribute caps. Where it might take longer to max out your player because more attributes to upgrade, but at least you have a better overall player. As far as badges go, they could give you 50 badge points spread out within the 4 skills. But a max of 25 badge points for your highest skill.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:01 PM   #7
Pro

You could absolutely see the pie charts as archetypes. You could also see it as 2K putting out 100 very different archetypes.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:01 PM   #8
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Y'all know I'm one of the bigger "glass half full" posters here, but this was real finesse work. This is what happens when a company has pundits that they endorse and throw freebies/swag to.

All these youtubers saw this. All of them. Not a single one sat back and said anything. The shilled the koolaid.

"SO DIVERSE!"

"I could make the build *I* wanted!"

GTFOH. First thing: 2K is wrong for the bait and switch. You can @me, Beluba. Your team promised something completely different than what was handed to us. The badge thing is the only thing that stands out as "I want this feature".

Second: not that I liked any YouTube creators before but I was subscribed to Shake. As soon as I realized they all started doing the cheesy things and basically being toxic I started just doing my own thing. They are all puppets at this point. If they hype it up enough 2K gives them amenities. They helped sell this fabrication.

So, when the "Fangirl 2k stan" has an issue with what you're doing, you know you screwed up

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »