Home

Madden 20 Dynamic Dev Trait Guide

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Dynamic Dev Trait Guide within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2019, 04:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden 20 Dynamic Dev Trait Guide

Has anybody been able to figure out what exactly causes a players Dev trait to increase in Madden 20? Obviously it's performance based, but is it a certyain statistical season milestone a player must reach? Like a Normal QB Throws for 4000 yards and they get bumped to Star, 4500 and they bump up to Superstar, etc? Or is based on where they fall on the league leaders board which I heard was the case last year, but haven't been able to confirm? Or is it based on Awards and accolades (which I don't believe it is, as I have not seen those as a result). If anyone has a definitive guide on what you have to do at each position to upgrade the dev trait, it'd be very appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Madden 20 Dynamic Dev Trait Guide

ive only seen it rise after the awards before the superbowl, usually to qb/rbs
Old 09-11-2019, 07:04 PM   #3
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

OVR: 0

I had double digit picks with my CB Steven Nelson in my Steelers CFM & he got... nothing. James Connor though reached 1000+ yards & hit Star
Old 09-12-2019, 01:42 AM   #4
Rookie

From my experience, stats, awards, seem to have the ability to trigger a Dev upgrade event.

Example, player A meets the requirement for possible upgrade, the video game dice are rolled. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.

I too had a Rookie MLB win DPOY, stayed normal dev
Old 09-12-2019, 02:44 AM   #5
MVP

tru11's Arena

whoever the ratings guy likes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 08:17 AM   #6
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

M19 was relative to the stats within the league. So it's not a set stat threshold, it's an accumulation of stats resulting in a hidden rank value, so if you are a top3 rank value qb you'd get the dev boost. I'm assuming it's the same system (minus the dev regression). So if you're a superstar looking for xfactor you need to have relatively the highest rank value in the league. Mvp used to get a double jump and I'll find out this weekend if still true.

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-12-2019, 09:38 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
M19 was relative to the stats within the league. So it's not a set stat threshold, it's an accumulation of stats resulting in a hidden rank value, so if you are a top3 rank value qb you'd get the dev boost. I'm assuming it's the same system (minus the dev regression). So if you're a superstar looking for xfactor you need to have relatively the highest rank value in the league. Mvp used to get a double jump and I'll find out this weekend if still true.

I have started multiple franchises with my starting QB being the rookie Jackson of Buffalo. He always wins MVP and only gets the Star rank trait. I dont think Dev boost "in season" are programmed for QBs. Every other position outside of the Oline, I have seen get the chance to have an in season upgrade.

With other positions, especially WR, I have experienced getting a dev boost in season and another one in the off season.

Also, I have never seen any Olineman get a dev upgrade in or off season. EA needs to fix this.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:02 PM   #8
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboard79
I have started multiple franchises with my starting QB being the rookie Jackson of Buffalo. He always wins MVP and only gets the Star rank trait. I dont think Dev boost "in season" are programmed for QBs. Every other position outside of the Oline, I have seen get the chance to have an in season upgrade.

With other positions, especially WR, I have experienced getting a dev boost in season and another one in the off season.

Also, I have never seen any Olineman get a dev upgrade in or off season. EA needs to fix this.
OL, fb, k, p have always been fluid dev immune.

By inseason do you mean scenario engine? I've had TE and defenders only so far.

They also changed the time of dev upgrades, they're at the end of the season instead of week 17 advance now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »