Home

1969-70 NBA/ABA Roster w/50+ Draft Classes (PS4)

This is a discussion on 1969-70 NBA/ABA Roster w/50+ Draft Classes (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2019, 08:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
1969-70 NBA/ABA Roster w/50+ Draft Classes (PS4)

Sup Operation Sports friends

So, I am putting together a beast of a project here -- trying to make a working 1969-70 MyLeague, with a starting ABA/NBA hyrbrid roster and every single draft from 1970 - 2019.

Gonna track progress in here. I have already started putting things together, but man lol it's going to be a lottt of work. I figured I would post this up now to see if anybody wants to help out. If anybody wants to help make players or knows of anybody making old school ABA or NBA teams, please point yourself / them in this direction.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1427427893

^^ Spreadsheet tracking my progress, also includes NBA Cap history, NBA Rule change history, and anything you may need to help make a historical MyLeague run smoothly

List of the 250 players who get 90+ potential

Massive shout outs to - CelticLG for his amazing attention to detail roster, / inspiring this project, shoutout to Czar for similar reasons and showing us all we can turn our nerdery into a job with 2k one day lol, to Sellaz32 on YT for his incredible player creation videos (this project would literally not begin to exist without Sellaz // it would at least be significantly uglier) and everybody else in the 2k19/20 CAP thread, some amazing work in there. Also to RyanFitzmagic and AntDoggyDogg for being the spreadsheet OGs.

(& of course shout out to 2k for still not fixing their buggy MyLeague mode. Was hoping to wait until they at least patched the Team Options to start this, but realistically that may never come. 2k doesn't care about anything but their 7 most popular Youtubers)

PSN - Chederer
@sportsfap

Last edited by Chederer; 12-03-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2019, 08:10 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: 1969-70 NBA/ABA Roster w/50+ Draft Classes (PS4)

1969-70 Virtual Set-up

EAST (NBA)
----

Russell Division
---
Baltimore Bullets (Washington Wizards)
Boston Celtics
Detroit Pistons
New York Knicks
Philadelphia 76ers

Petit Division
---
Atlanta Hawks
Cincinnati Royals (Sacramento Kings)
Chicago Bulls
*Cleveland Cavaliers (Did not exist yet, 1970 expansion)
Milwaukee Bucks

Mikan Division
---
Los Angeles Lakers
Phoenix Suns
San Diego Rockets (Houston Rockets)
San Fransisco Warriors (Golden State Warriors)
Seattle SuperSonics (OKC Thunder)

WEST (ABA)

Naismith Division
---
Carolina Cougars (Charlotte Hornets)
Kentucky Colonels (Orlando Magic)
*Memphis Sounds (Memphis Grizzlies) (Did not exist yet - using Buffalo Braves 1970 NBA Expansion roster )
New Orleans Buccaneers (New Orleans Pelicans)
*Spirits of St. Louis (Utah Jazz) (Did not exist, Carolina moved to STL later)

Biasone Divison
---
Indiana Pacers
Miami Floridians (Miami Heat)
New York Nets (Brooklyn Nets)
Pittsburgh Condors* (Minnesota Timberwolves) (Were Pittsburgh Pipers in 69-70 but 2k won't let me upload my "Pipers" build lmao)
*Toronto Huskies (Toronto Raptors) - Did not exist, buuuut the Toronto Huskies were a team in the 40s, AND little known fact Toronto almost got back into the NBA in 1976. We're just gonna roll with this

Podoloff Division
----
Dallas Chaparrals (San Antonio Spurs)
Denver Rockets (Denver Nuggets)
Los Angeles Stars (Los Angeles Clippers)
Oakland Oaks* (Dallas Mavericks) (Not in ABA in 1969-70 as they Moved to Washington, This is a hypothetical scenario where Rick Barry Buys the Oaks and keeps them in Oakland)
*Portland Trailblazers (Did not exist yet IRL, 1970 Expansion)

Last edited by Chederer; 12-20-2019 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:36 AM   #3
MVP

Any way to use the WNBA ball in my League? It's not the red white and blue ABA ball but...
Old 09-26-2019, 07:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

I am currently putting together draft classes for 1948-2015.

Everything is already mapped out. I am almost done with my spreadsheet, which includes Vitals, Att, Ten, and badges for every necessary player. Once that is finished I will begin inputting the data into the draft classes.

Maybe I can be of some help once I get things rolling, but that will take a while. I will keep up with this thread.

I appreciate your efforts and if your roster ever comes to pass I will most definitely be using it in conjunction with my retro rookies.

e: I mean to say I will definitely be using your roster to play MyLeague with my rookies. However I do intend to give full credit to all those who influence them.

Last edited by Zeke11; 09-28-2019 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:51 AM   #5
Rookie

Right on man, glad to hear that. Always good to have more people in the 2k community making good, old school rosters.

My only ask is that if you use my players / rosters, plz give credit. I am trying to be very meticulous with credit / sourcing all the way through this because a lot of people put a lot of time into this stuff haha.

Cheers, can't wait to see what you come up with!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2019, 07:52 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
Any way to use the WNBA ball in my League? It's not the red white and blue ABA ball but...
Damn, good Q. I hope so but doubt it
Old 09-27-2019, 08:21 AM   #7
MVP

I remember a few years back if you typed in "payrespect" you got the red white and blue ball.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:52 AM   #8
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke11
I am currently putting together draft classes for 1948-2015.

Everything is already mapped out. I am almost done with my spreadsheet, which includes Vitals, Att, Ten, and badges for every necessary player. Once that is finished I will begin inputting the data into the draft classes.

Maybe I can be of some help once I get things rolling, but that will take a while. I will keep up with this thread.

I appreciate your efforts and if your roster ever comes to pass I will most definitely be using it in conjunction with my retro rookies.

e: I mean to say I will definitely be using your roster to play MyLeague with my rookies. However I do intend to give full credit to all those who influence them.

Amazing project! Do you include all players who were in the draft even if they didn't have long careers? Or just the notables?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »