Home

My Career Players Help

This is a discussion on My Career Players Help within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #1
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
My Career Players Help

I don't need help at in what to do

But I'm asking what can the AI do to better help you that you think could work in 2K?

What do they do wrong?

When it comes to scoring what is the biggest challenge AI wise?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2019, 02:24 PM   #2
yellow

23's Arena

Re: My Career Players Help

It would be fantastic to get you guys feedback

Don't disappear now.

Old 10-02-2019, 02:41 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

They make you the focal point of the offense too quickly.

It’s gotten better over the years, but if I’m on Giannis’ team, he needs to play with me just as good as he plays against me.

When I play Harden on HoF sometimes he’ll drop 50.
If I join the rockets regardless of my position, all of a sudden he’s just a less bouncy Zach Lavine.

Part of this is there should be more emphasis in our players fitting into the already established offence. So that the teammate CPU can play how the HOF CPU plays, but I think a large part of it is just our teammates are watered down in comparison to give us a star player illusion
Old 10-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #4
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
They make you the focal point of the offense too quickly.

It’s gotten better over the years, but if I’m on Giannis’ team, he needs to play with me just as good as he plays against me.

When I play Harden on HoF sometimes he’ll drop 50.

If I join the rockets regardless of my position, all of a sudden he’s just a less bouncy Zach Lavine.

Part of this is there should be more emphasis in our players fitting into the already established offence. So that the teammate CPU can play how the HOF CPU plays, but I think a large part of it is just our teammates are watered down in comparison to give us a star player illusion
I believe that was something that evolved early on because people complained about not having a large enough role on offense in the early mycareer.

I do believe that the offense has evolved enough to take a look at what you said though ...

I'm thinking at least teams should have a dynamic duo type where you and the main star are the go to's.

Old 10-02-2019, 03:33 PM   #5
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Is this just for offense? Cause on defense they will literally let opponents shoot in their face with no contest or not pick up their man just to let them score an easy basket.

On offense it's like they take the WORST possible shots ever.The paint is packed and I'm open on the wing spamming the pass button because I'm open, but nope they are going to try to shoot it over 3 people thus resulting in a missed shot, block, or other random turnover.

Rarely any offensive rebounds

On a 2 to 1 fast break while we're on offense sometimes they won't go towards the goal they'll stop running (I play for the 76ers so why would Ben NOT attack the basket he cant shoot)

Your teammates IQ is just tuned to low and you can tell especially when you look at how the opponent is playing vs you. I play on allstar..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2019, 03:43 PM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
Is this just for offense? Cause on defense they will literally let opponents shoot in their face with no contest or not pick up their man just to let them score an easy basket.

On offense it's like they take the WORST possible shots ever.The paint is packed and I'm open on the wing spamming the pass button because I'm open, but nope they are going to try to shoot it over 3 people thus resulting in a missed shot, block, or other random turnover.

Rarely any offensive rebounds

On a 2 to 1 fast break while we're on offense sometimes they won't go towards the goal they'll stop running (I play for the 76ers so why would Ben NOT attack the basket he cant shoot)

Your teammates IQ is just tuned to low and you can tell especially when you look at how the opponent is playing vs you. I play on allstar..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nah fam gimme what you got. I get to give this directly to the devs : ) So what would you say to them to help make it a better mode for you AI wise.

So you think both their offensive and defensive awareness needs to be raised?

Last edited by 23; 10-02-2019 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:37 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

If we're talking AI team mates:

On Offense:

- Too many instances of team mates driving it directly into good defenders in the paint.

-Forces up poor shots too often when there is an open man.Sometimes ignores open players when there is a clear passing lane.

-Tends to hesitate on open shots which the player is known to be capable of making.This allows the CPU defense to get back into the play on what should have been an easy bucket.

-PnR logic issue: Players sometimes call for a screen which results in them putting up shots against a much better defender than they would have without a screen.Players should better recognize good/elite defenders and avoid them rather than trying to go at them in a situation where they have no advantage.

On Defense:

-Off ball defense issues....mostly notable Team mates often fail to guard cutters. This is a legacy issue.

-Too much switching on PnR's; not enough Hedge,Ice,etc. as well as just poor decision making when defending the PnR/screens in general(i.e. Your team mates seem to get confused every single tine they get screened) CPU AI does not seem to have this problem.

-This one goes for both our team mates and the CPU..Lack of charging fouls.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:23 PM   #8
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Nah fam gimme what you got. I get to give this directly to the devs : ) So what would you say to them to help make it a better mode for you AI wise.

So you think both their offensive and defensive awareness needs to be raised?
Yes definitely!!!!

Last edited by swac07; 10-02-2019 at 07:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »