Home

Low scores after update

This is a discussion on Low scores after update within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Low scores after update

Is it me or is anyone else getting super low scores--like in the 80s after the last update? I love the new defense, but shot percentages and scores are like back in the 90s. It's hard to score 100 in a game for me. I play weird, player lock but still. The low scores are different. The rest of my league is not scoring that low and simmed games come out higher. Anyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2019, 02:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Makeufamous NDZ's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Low scores after update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticsmoke
Is it me or is anyone else getting super low scores--like in the 80s after the last update? I love the new defense, but shot percentages and scores are like back in the 90s. It's hard to score 100 in a game for me. I play weird, player lock but still. The low scores are different. The rest of my league is not scoring that low and simmed games come out higher. Anyone?
Well I have noticed a difference in scoring. But mainly for the user, seems like the CPU in the second half will shoot lights out to get back into games when they are losing. And it seems that no matter what kind of defense you throw at them they will shoot bad shots and still make them. Idk if that is by design by the Devs but it is very annoying and unrealistic when you have a team down let’s say by 15 or 20 and time after time they come roaring back, all in the same game mind you. Seems as if they will intentionally make your team go cold for loooong stretches of the game while the CPU goes on epic historical runs to catch up and then surpass you. Especially in the 4th qtr. Which in turn throws realism & immersion out of the window and you instantly realize that the CPU is not playing at all like a human but more like the Terminator.

It is becoming more frustrating each year to try and tweak the sliders to make the CPU play a fair balanced game as it seems the Devs are designing the game so that the CPU is always dominant even on the lower difficulty settings. And bout time we find a sweet spot with the sliders after months of work.... 2K will drop a update and totally ruin that sweet spot so then you’re back at square one. I think this is one major reason why 2K is getting so much backlash over the game now. The gameplay changes so much within a years time you never feel like you have a good grasp of the game. It’s like we are all beta testing the game for the whole year instead of getting real enjoyment playing a solid game. ...It’s very, very frustrating.

Idk just my thoughts...

NBA 2K20 • MADDEN 20 • GOLF CLUB 2 • UFC 3 • FIFA 20 • FORZA • FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPIONS
Old 11-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #3
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm playing offline myleague on HoF (all user vs user games) and our FG% dropped from 41%-45% to 35%-39%, and we're having trouble getting 90ppg.

It feels like 3pt are also harder to make. We were hitting open 3s consistently with a 75+ 3p rating, now we can only make them consistent with a 90+ 3p rating.

We did only play 4 games since patch 8, so maybe it takes some time to get used to.

Last edited by gu8lal8; 11-13-2019 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:47 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm using a custom slider set for myself... If I am having a solid game I can get near, and sometimes crack 100. It's not simple... Well, it kind of is. I shoot way less threes, and bear down and drive to the rim. I'll say, maybe 60% of the time I'm getting an and one. Inside and close sliders shouldn't be lower than 85. The further out, the more it lowers. So if my mid range **** is at 60, my 3 pt shot has to be 55-49. For both squads.

That way you really need to d up in the post and on the block. And in turn, you need 2 or 3 guys who can bang in the post. With the Knicks I've got Robinson, Portia, Randle, and Gibson. Food for thought, no matter what level you're playing on.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:03 AM   #5
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
I'm using a custom slider set for myself... If I am having a solid game I can get near, and sometimes crack 100. It's not simple... Well, it kind of is. I shoot way less threes, and bear down and drive to the rim. I'll say, maybe 60% of the time I'm getting an and one. Inside and close sliders shouldn't be lower than 85. The further out, the more it lowers. So if my mid range **** is at 60, my 3 pt shot has to be 55-49. For both squads.

That way you really need to d up in the post and on the block.
We're playing an offline user vs user myleague (30 team control), I'm the Nets and my friend the Lakers, we play full games as each others opponent on HoF and we were scoring between 100 and 110 a game before patch 8. No matter which team we were playing with, it was rare we didn't crack 100, now we're having trouble scoring 90 no matter which team we play with.
The only sliders we changed is fatigue rate @45, FT difficulty @65 and shooting/foul sliders @100 (except Shooting foul and Reach-in foul sliders @HoF-default). Before patch 8, we were hitting everything (FTs, layups, close, midrange, 3pt, and1s) at a realistic rate, now unless a player has a 90+ rating (close, midrange, 3pt) it's either green or brick city.

Last edited by gu8lal8; 11-14-2019 at 04:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2019, 04:45 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

I play 12 mins HOF default sliders
I avg 110 ppg
I give up 106ppg
Playing the cpu
Old 11-14-2019, 06:47 AM   #7
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
I play 12 mins HOF default sliders
I avg 110 ppg
I give up 106ppg
Playing the cpu
Having no problems vs cpu on HoF.
Only user vs user on HoF, shooting greens or bricks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »