Home

Major League Baseball 2K12 in 2020: PC Modding is Undefeated

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K12 in 2020: PC Modding is Undefeated within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2020, 09:45 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Major League Baseball 2K12 in 2020: PC Modding is Undefeated

There was a thread that popped up on OS yesterday that was featuring Major League Baseball...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2020, 01:14 PM   #2
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
haha. I found those clips somehow and posted them. I'm not sure how modding works as far as the PC goes. Is it programming changes players can make that keeps the game updated/playing and looking better? Is anyone able to download these modifications others have made if they already own the game on PC? If this is the case and MLB The Show is released on the PC as it will be on XBOX, I'll spend whatever it takes to buy a good gaming laptop. I'd probable never stop playing The Show. lol
Old 02-21-2020, 06:52 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Major League Baseball 2K12 in 2020: PC Modding is Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
haha. I found those clips somehow and posted them. I'm not sure how modding works as far as the PC goes. Is it programming changes players can make that keeps the game updated/playing and looking better? Is anyone able to download these modifications others have made if they already own the game on PC? If this is the case and MLB The Show is released on the PC as it will be on XBOX, I'll spend whatever it takes to buy a good gaming laptop. I'd probable never stop playing The Show. lol
I've downloaded several mods for the PC version.
If you ever get a PC copy the first thing you would do is download and install the 2k15 mod. (for the time-one of the best mods possibly done on a pc sports title).
then you'll find a bunch mods for the ball parks (sponsors included), players, overlay mods (FOX, ESPN, etc).

the hardest thing is finding an updated roster that works properly. current season rosters take a while.
Ive let my franchise unfold in its own little universe, so at this point my rosters arent accurate. last updated roster that I used in a franchise twas in maybe 2017.

I use the most reason rosters in play now/exhibition mode. have never tried them in a franchise, but they do work.

last thing is to dowload the patch for the game or an application beyondo this fixes the calendar/date issue. if you dont download this your game will freeze. this is due to the game trying to reach teh servers or something like that.

Beyondo changes the date of your computer. set it to the year 2012, your computer switches date to the year 2012 and the game will launch. when done close the beyondo application and your computer switches back to the current date.
make sure to run/launch beyondo in administrator mode also. but again install the patch found on MVP mods and you wont have to use Beyondo.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:00 PM   #4
Rookie

rangers9911's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
I own both MLB 2k13 for xbox and 2k12 for the PC. I use parallels desktop to run 2k12 as I am on a mac. I've downloaded the 2k19 conversion and it really does change the experience. As they said, rosters do take a long time to come out but, I know there is one user on MVPmods working to build his roster from the base one as they have crashing in franchise I believe (much like our crashing with My Player).

Anyway, modding is a bit difficult if you want to make your own. After reading tutorials (from NBA 2kX series as they use the same file formats) I was able to install mods from others and make my own mods without much difficulty. Its really fun and the mods have really changed the experience.

Also the user above mentioned issues with the date, there is both a batch file and a patch that can help alleviate the difficulty of the computer date crashing the game. Just fixed that on my end this week.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:31 PM   #5
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

This is beautiful!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2020, 09:41 PM   #6
Rookie

Dusted off my old laptop, installed these mods, upgraded some stadiums and rosters and I am in heaven. To any person who had anything to do with keeping this game alive a huge thank you. MVP Mods especially.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:38 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Are there such thing as Steam boxes anymore?
I'd love to have a PC based console to hook up to my TV where I can play 2K12 again.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-31-2021, 05:17 AM   #8
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Thank you for representing my channel and video in this article, I'm currently working on a 2K21 Mod, already made the logo and everything, and my friends at MVPMods are hard at work on new stadium updates, player models, and more!
When it's done I'll put in my official sports channel BSG Sports!
I've already sent the logo to the guy that does the global edits and so forth! I created it from scratch same as the one in this video and thumbnail.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »