Home

Pick dodger needs to be a top tier badge come 2k21

This is a discussion on Pick dodger needs to be a top tier badge come 2k21 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2020, 04:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm a big and it's fustrating having to constantly step up to stop the 3 AND stop my man from driving. I deal with this in 95% of games. Fixing this badge would make the game do much better

A buffed Pick Dodger will expose a lot of bums. 5 out will be much harder to use. Guards would need actual skill to get open and bigs won't be able to drive do easy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2020, 05:00 PM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: Pick dodger needs to be a top tier badge come 2k21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
I'm a big and it's fustrating having to constantly step up to stop the 3 AND stop my man from driving. I deal with this in 95% of games. Fixing this badge would make the game do much better

A buffed Pick Dodger will expose a lot of bums. 5 out will be much harder to use. Guards would need actual skill to get open and bigs won't be able to drive do easy
What's sad is Pick Dodger HOF < Brick Wall HOF by a WIDE margin. These badges should be equal at least, but i would actually like to see Pick Dodger with the slight edge. Its very difficult to get around ONE screen. Let alone 2-3 screens and sometimes more. The big can reset after you dodge him the first time before you're done with that animation.

It's to the point the "GOOD" players will just hold Circle and hold their nuts for half a second rather than get sucked into an animation.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

pick dodger is fine.

a lot of people dont let go of both triggers and more importantly dont see the pick coming. you gotta go above or under it cant fight through them and think pick dodger will bail you out
Old 04-10-2020, 06:00 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
pick dodger is fine.

a lot of people dont let go of both triggers and more importantly dont see the pick coming. you gotta go above or under it cant fight through them and think pick dodger will bail you out
I think it's needs a slight buff. If anything, it should help more when the other team is setting 2-3 screens for the guards. To me, it's just a pain in the *** when you successfully navigate the second screen, but the third screen sucks you into an animation due to being too close.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:32 PM   #5
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

I can agree with this. And let's cap it at bronze for pure-offensive builds. There needs to be a risk reward these builds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2020, 11:26 PM   #6
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

I don't think it's the badge that is the problem. There is a problem with how the game animates you through screens. You can try to go over screens and the game will animate you going under the screen.

In 2k17 brick wall was a problem because it would put you on the ground every possession but this year the problem is deeper than badges.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:12 AM   #7
MVP

tru11's Arena

Nah when the opponent sets 2 or more screens it should be your teammates that should help you more, rather then stand in the paint holding their nuts just to grab a board.

The badge works fine against a single screen.
Tbh bronze is all you need.

Since its in 3rd person you should see the screen coming and depending on who you are guarding should go over and under.

Do it good and you can get the illegal screen called.

Quite frankly that pen should get a huge buff as their are to many moving screens as players arent set most of the time and can suck you into an animation.

Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=89240]Operation Sports

Last edited by tru11; 04-11-2020 at 02:18 AM.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:49 AM   #8
Pro

Vroman's Arena

2k already gone too far with badges playing things out for players. Its just adding problem to solve another problem and in the end its not balanced , but more of a clustered canned animation fest of a gameplay.

Guarding pnr should be first and foremost depending on your ability to read the situation and move player in time and communiction with ur teammate. Not the badge level deciding if you gonna be playing good defense or not.

PNR defense/offense was already very balanced in 2k16, you either setup proper screen or its moving pick foul if u try to move around and tackle defender. But because of hof level badges introduction and hof brick wall that design was stripped from the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »