Home

Tazer19's Quest for the FedEx Cup (TGC2019)

This is a discussion on Tazer19's Quest for the FedEx Cup (TGC2019) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2020, 12:04 AM   #1
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

OVR: 17
Tazer19's Quest for the FedEx Cup (TGC2019)

Hello, friends... welcome to my dynasty which will chronicle the trials and tribulations of my attempt to make it through Q school, onto the PGA Tour, and to the top of the mountain in winning the FedEx Cup. I hope you'll follow along as this will be very much like my NHL dynasties with all the graphics, videos, and things you will enjoy. First up, Q school.

Settings:

Clubs: Master
Difficulty: Very Hard
Holes per Tournament: 72

Twitter: https://twitter.com/bornonthirdgolf
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GeorgeC15
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/gcotugno19
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2020, 12:26 AM   #2
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Re: Tazer19's Quest for the FedEx Cup (TGC2019)

One of the newest young guns trying to make the Tour comes out firing in Round 1 of the Qualifying School Final at TPC Scottsdale

Q-School-Round-1-Scores

Q-School-Round-1-Leaderboard-NEW

Last edited by Tazer19; 06-06-2020 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:27 AM   #3
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Inconsistency and a few mistakes drop Cotugno in the standings, but he's heading into the weekend with high hopes

Q-School-Round-2-Scores

Q-School-Round-2-Leaderboard-NEW
Old 06-09-2020, 05:32 PM   #4
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

"Dreams come true for some, but not all... as we head into the weekend my dream sits squarely in front of me. I'm in a great spot, just need to have a solid third round and then see what happens on Sunday."

Those words coming from 18 year old George Cotugno as he gets ready for the biggest weekend of his life. Plenty of talent left out there on the course after the cut, and a top 50 secures a card. Let's see if he can do it...

Live Update #1: The nerves are there... a three put bogey on the first hole, drops to -17 for the tournament.

Live Update #2: It's a touchy start, but a solid approach to #3 and a safe two putt results in the first birdie of the day to bring the round back to Even.

Live Update #3: Nothing falling for Cotugno out there right now, sitting at Even through 8 holes so far, with two putts on every hole and one three putt.

Live Update #4: After a bogey 11 Cotugno goes birdie-birdie to get the round back into red numbers. Heading to 14 he's one under for the day.

Live Update #5: Cotugno finally is finding some momentum as he rolls in a 34 foot putt from off the fairway on #15 for his 5th birdie in a row, he's now 4 under for the day and back in the top 10.

Live Update #6:
Quite possibly the worst way to finish a round, Cotugno three putts the 18th dropping him to -3 for the round. Not going to sleep well with that one being the lasting memory from the round.

Q-School-Round-3-Scores

Last edited by Tazer19; 06-09-2020 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:07 PM   #5
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

It's Sunday, and time for the final round of the Qualifying School Final... and the game is a little off.... live updates coming.

Live Update #1: Rough sledding so far for Cotugno as he can't get anything to drop, currently sitting at one under on the front 9, headed to the back sitting 23rd.

Live Update #2: A MONSTER 35 foot birdie putt on 11 gets our guy to two under for the round, and could be the start of a hot finish.

Live Update #3: Huge statement putt on 15 for eagle DROPS! Cotugno gets it to -4 for the round and has all but locked up a top 25 finish.

Live Update #4: A birdie-par finish has our man in the clubhouse with a 5 under 66, his second bogey free round of the tournament.

Last edited by Tazer19; 06-09-2020 at 11:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2020, 11:34 PM   #6
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Q SCHOOL FINALS RECAP

Q-School-Final-Scores

Q-School-Final-Recap
Old 06-10-2020, 12:47 PM   #7
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Web.com Tour Opener Preview

TPC-Southwind

About TPC Southwind

TPC Southwind’s par-70, 7,244-yard championship layout was designed by noted architect Ron Prichard, with PGA TOUR players Hubert Green and Fuzzy Zoeller serving as consultants. The golf course features undulating zoysia fairways, champion Bermuda greens and numerous lakes, streams and ponds. Adding to the charm of the golf course are two grain silos and a windmill, remnants of the dairy farm once located on the site.

In January 2012, TPC Southwind was ranked No. 23 in Golf World magazine’s Exclusive PGA Tour Course Rankings. The golf course has long been rated one of the more challenging courses on the PGA TOUR schedule. Five sets of tees, including a family-friendly option on each hole, affords golfers of all abilities a chance to enjoy TPC Southwind.

Among the most notable holes at TPC Southwind are the 165-yard, par-3, 11th hole, considered by some to be a smaller version of the famous 17th Island Green at TPC Sawgrass, forcing a short iron over water to a small island green; the 231-yard, par-3 14th – consistently ranked one of the toughest par-3 holes on the PGA TOUR – which requires a long iron or wood tee to a narrow green protected by water along the entire right side of the undulating green; and the course’s spectacular 461-yard, par-4 finishing hole, requiring a tee shot played alongside a water hazard that protects the entire left side of the fairway.

TPC Southwind was one of the first golf courses in the state of Tennessee to be certified as an Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary System by Audubon International. The club has also been honored with numerous environmental awards, including the prestigious Golf Digest/Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) Environmental Leaders in Golf Merit Award.

Pre-Tournament Thoughts:

Nervous, yeah I'm nervous. I keep trying to tell myself that it's just a normal event but it's obviously not. I need to stay aggressive out there but this is a marathon, I want to be smart with my shots and try no to get too overwhelmed.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:56 PM   #8
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Live Updates from the Course: Round One

@GCTracker: Tentative start from our man, striking the ball well but leaving himself with a little too much left for birdies on the first two holes, he's even through two in his first professional event.

@GCTracker: First PAR 5 of the day sees the tee shot end up behind a tree and in the deep stuff, he's going for the green and ends up in the greenside bunker. A nice little chip and putt puts the first birdie of the day on the card, -1 thru 3.

@GCTracker: A tasty little sand wedge from just off the fairway at number 6 leaves our man with 10 feet for birdie and he buries it. Back to back birdies to get to three under through the first six holes of the tournament.

@GCTracker: He burns the edge on the difficult 9th to walk away with par and head out in 33, three under PAR headed to the back.

@GCTracker: A confident wedge into the green at 10 and it's a dart! 3 feet for birdie, and Cotugno moves to -4 on the day.

@GCTracker: A wayward tee shot on the par 3 14th leaves a delicate downhill chip to get up and down for PAR, no dice, rolls the PAR putt past the hole and settles for his first bogey of the day, dropping him to -5 on the day after a red hot start to the back nine.

@GCTracker: A ticklish little 15 foot birdie putt finds the bottom of the cup on 18 to close birdie-birdie and finish his first pro round was a 7 under 62, currently tied for 9th after 18 holes.

Last edited by Tazer19; 06-10-2020 at 02:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »