Home

Flexbone passing

This is a discussion on Flexbone passing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2020, 07:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Flexbone passing

Was wondering if anyone has success with passing using the flexbone play action passes? To me it seems broken and lineman just do not block.

I usually play on Heisman with pass blocking on about 25 or 30 for human but I was wondering if raising it above 50 just when I use my flexbone playbooks if it will help? I expect it may a little bit but still expect just due to how the lineman react on the plays I will still get mauled.

I love running flexbone and I tend to pass very little to keep it realistic as possible but jumping back into the game it makes it very frustrating cant pass even normaly in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2020, 07:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flexbone passing

I don’t have any trouble passing from the Flexbone formations. I play on default Heisman with Fatigue OFF. As long as you mix it up with the run, the PA works. Also, running the wheel routes on the short side of the field is super effective!
Old 07-20-2020, 08:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC
I don’t have any trouble passing from the Flexbone formations. I play on default Heisman with Fatigue OFF. As long as you mix it up with the run, the PA works. Also, running the wheel routes on the short side of the field is super effective!
I got to figure out something. My lineman are not that horrible in 2020 with San Jose St. But they did a heck of a job recruiting lineman all 75 and up overall. I struggled passing against Washington but being a bigger school didnt take much notice but when I struggled and started seeing lineman straffing completely away from defenders against SMU who was a 2-10 team previous year I knew something was up somewhere.

I do have some 2 back pistol and gun formations and yeah I can cheese and pass out those formations only but I like to try to be as realistic as possible in play calling..and since my team is not even close to being an option team unlike past option teams I used I tend to need to pass more.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:08 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

You may already know this, but if you hold RT/R2 on a playaction pass, the fake handoff is aborted and your QB is immediately ready to throw. Can buy you 1 or 2 extra seconds.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Do use a custom playbook or a default like army or navy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2020, 10:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

I use either GT or Army’s playbook.... yeah I’m not sure where you’re going wrong. Are you able to run the triple option plays effectively? That’s also key to opening up play action passes. But honestly, you can use Post Curl from Flexbone Trips Right on the right hash and throw it for 300+ in a game.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:34 PM   #7
Rookie

Yeah I can run for 3 yards a pop on almost any given play except for the occasional dumb misreads or just a strong blitz. I watched a few replays and noticed my guard and tackle would try to criss cross even when the defense wasnt stunning always leaving the def end for free rush. Idk why they do that mostly on flexbone normal formation. But since i noticed if i see my pass protect to anything but keeping it normal they stay in place. It was frustrating me cause the one side of my line that was getting blown up they are both pass protectors by nature. But think I got it now.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:13 AM   #8
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr862
Yeah I can run for 3 yards a pop on almost any given play except for the occasional dumb misreads or just a strong blitz. I watched a few replays and noticed my guard and tackle would try to criss cross even when the defense wasnt stunning always leaving the def end for free rush. Idk why they do that mostly on flexbone normal formation. But since i noticed if i see my pass protect to anything but keeping it normal they stay in place. It was frustrating me cause the one side of my line that was getting blown up they are both pass protectors by nature. But think I got it now.
Are you running towards the correct tech DTs? There are a few key rules about which type of fronts and what gaps the DTs are in that determine the success of the triple option. It’s all explained in the Flexbone thread, but the two biggest rules are 1) Only give to the FB on the 1 tech side, and 2) Never run the pitch toward a side if both the read man and pitch man are right next to each other.

And like I said, mix in the PA with the switch routes and you’ll move the chains.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »