Home

Difference in new Madden franchise patch?

This is a discussion on Difference in new Madden franchise patch? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2020, 06:17 PM   #1
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

OVR: 0
Difference in new Madden franchise patch?

Considering starting a brand new franchise if major differences in the new patch (used a non cloud save so didn't just update)

How good are the new things?

Heard they added some sort of addition to development traits??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2020, 06:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Difference in new Madden franchise patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWarrior
Considering starting a brand new franchise if major differences in the new patch (used a non cloud save so didn't just update)

How good are the new things?

Heard they added some sort of addition to development traits??
Honestly dude, no need to restart. The new changes are barely anything. You can't patch big changes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2020, 06:57 PM   #3
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

So this isn't significant whatsoever???

"Dev Trait Regression Tuning
Star, Superstar, and Superstar X-Factors will now have desired counts that are treated as the “correct” amount of each Dev Trait in your Franchise (a new League Setting has been added for each Dev Trait to allow Commissioners to decide the right amount for your league experience, and default values match the roster count of Dev Traits that shipped in Madden NFL 21’s Preseason Roster) in the offseason, new logic will run to decide which players are eligible to regress. If there are more players at a specific Dev Trait than the setting says is desired, eligible players will be regressed in priority order until the target is met (in some cases, there may be slightly more than target after regression if no players were found eligible). If you prefer to play in a league where Dev Traits can’t regress, you can also turn OFF Dev Trait Regression in League Settings.
We also tuned the criteria to receive a Breakout Dev Scenario for all positions to prevent an overabundance of high Dev Traits after multiple years (and make sure we’re increasing the Dev on players who truly deserve it).
There will also be three new QB Breakout Dev Scenarios that can occur throughout your season and a league setting to turn all Breakout Dev Trait Scenarios ON/OFF. When Breakout Scenarios are OFF, users will only progress their dev trait by end of season stat rankings and awards.
Dev Note: This change, like many of the changes being delivered via post launch updates this year, is to maintain authenticity and provide more agency to commissioners to define the experience for their players."
Old 11-25-2020, 07:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernWarrior
So this isn't significant whatsoever???

"Dev Trait Regression Tuning
Star, Superstar, and Superstar X-Factors will now have desired counts that are treated as the “correct” amount of each Dev Trait in your Franchise (a new League Setting has been added for each Dev Trait to allow Commissioners to decide the right amount for your league experience, and default values match the roster count of Dev Traits that shipped in Madden NFL 21’s Preseason Roster) in the offseason, new logic will run to decide which players are eligible to regress. If there are more players at a specific Dev Trait than the setting says is desired, eligible players will be regressed in priority order until the target is met (in some cases, there may be slightly more than target after regression if no players were found eligible). If you prefer to play in a league where Dev Traits can’t regress, you can also turn OFF Dev Trait Regression in League Settings.
We also tuned the criteria to receive a Breakout Dev Scenario for all positions to prevent an overabundance of high Dev Traits after multiple years (and make sure we’re increasing the Dev on players who truly deserve it).
There will also be three new QB Breakout Dev Scenarios that can occur throughout your season and a league setting to turn all Breakout Dev Trait Scenarios ON/OFF. When Breakout Scenarios are OFF, users will only progress their dev trait by end of season stat rankings and awards.
Dev Note: This change, like many of the changes being delivered via post launch updates this year, is to maintain authenticity and provide more agency to commissioners to define the experience for their players."
I mean, tip of the cap for them actually trying to control team development but in the grand scheme of things...no it’s not significant.

Franchise was quite clearly left behind and EA thought they could get away with it. That won’t be forgotten.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:10 PM   #5
Rookie

The regression thing is crazy. I lucked up in a draft got 3 rooks with superstar traits, 1 xfactor. I already had a back up guard with superstar, a starting guard with superstar, 2 older linebackers with xfactor and 1 with superstar, a 2nd year linebacker with superstar, my 2 year running back with superstar, a DT with superstar, qb with factor. The next season, everybody is star except the QB, the 2nd year linebacker and the rookie from previous season who was an xfactor and the backup guard. Now most of them I get. They are older players over 30 who are regressing. But my RB was the #3 back in the league in year 3 and the other rookies all lost there's. Why? You can't even trade for an xfactor or sign one in free agent off season now because you never know if they going change in the off-season.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2020, 09:24 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
The regression thing is crazy. I lucked up in a draft got 3 rooks with superstar traits, 1 xfactor. I already had a back up guard with superstar, a starting guard with superstar, 2 older linebackers with xfactor and 1 with superstar, a 2nd year linebacker with superstar, my 2 year running back with superstar, a DT with superstar, qb with factor. The next season, everybody is star except the QB, the 2nd year linebacker and the rookie from previous season who was an xfactor and the backup guard. Now most of them I get. They are older players over 30 who are regressing. But my RB was the #3 back in the league in year 3 and the other rookies all lost there's. Why? You can't even trade for an xfactor or sign one in free agent off season now because you never know if they going change in the off-season.

I know isn't it awesome that just because a player improves a lot one year that doesn't mean he will improve at prime rate in future years. Kind of seems like real life. I mean some people might enjoy having a dozen superstar and xfactors on their team. That is why we have player editing and settings. I prefer not knowing.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:34 PM   #7
Rookie

But these are people I either drafted, signed or earned it with scenarios. I worked up to it. I had a plan and it's all gone. I feel like some for no reason. Players aren't superstars this year and the. Nothing next year. That isn't realistic

Old 11-25-2020, 11:06 PM   #8
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
But these are people I either drafted, signed or earned it with scenarios. I worked up to it. I had a plan and it's all gone. I feel like some for no reason. Players aren't superstars this year and the. Nothing next year. That isn't realistic

Cover boy LaMar not exactly playing like a superstar this year....is he??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »