Home

Unbalanced + distance

This is a discussion on Unbalanced + distance within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2021, 01:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Unbalanced + distance

Fix the distance. No one can roundhousekick somebody when they are RIGHT in front of you, no space in between.. that’s ridiculous..

Give us tools to defend against pressure fighters.. the way it is right now is like someone who has been pllaying +200 fights will still have a hard time even if a 5 year old fights you like a pressure fighter..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2021, 01:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Unbalanced + distance

Srsly you guys, only the hard fan base will want to play online, because its so f hard and annoying.. and it takes so much to lear
Old 03-21-2021, 01:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Do you know how the ranges work in this game? The damage is muffled. And if you hit them with punches while they're kicking in boxing range its a rock. Your not pulling the trigger.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:44 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granbyroll
Do you know how the ranges work in this game? The damage is muffled. And if you hit them with punches while they're kicking in boxing range its a rock. Your not pulling the trigger.

You are more susceptible to rocks when kicking in boxing range. But the kick, should it land, still does too much damage (muffled or not) for being thrown at an impossibly close range.

This goes for calf kicks too. Meta is now to jab and flick the opposite-leg calf kicks. The calf kick is effective even if your chest to chest.

How many tools do offensive fighters need?
Old 03-24-2021, 10:42 AM   #5
MVP

I think Martial said it best, fighters in this game operate with a "Shield" in front of them essentially. They don't crash/clinch naturally, so the extent of your targeting from an offensive position is to ensure that you REACH your target, but its less of a concern as to whether you overcommit unless you throw a high-risk strike.

There is damage muffling to help mitigate this issue, but I just don't think its enough when you consider that most damage incurred results from combinations. So if I'm throwing a cross- lead hook - rear uppercut - lead hook. The extent of my concern is "am I going to be pull countered or am I going to be out of stamina"

I do not need to take account whether my opponent is moving toward me because of that "shield". If I did, I would find myself like Kevin Holland against Brunson, Clinch Exchanges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2021, 07:15 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro_Guap
You are more susceptible to rocks when kicking in boxing range. But the kick, should it land, still does too much damage (muffled or not) for being thrown at an impossibly close range.

This goes for calf kicks too. Meta is now to jab and flick the opposite-leg calf kicks. The calf kick is effective even if your chest to chest.

How many tools do offensive fighters need?
Correct on the body kicks. They don't do much body damage, but they do way too much stamina damage even when landed at clinch range and they cause a hitstun.

You couldn't be more wrong about calf kicks. You probably played one game where a guy calf kicked you and called it the meta. Almost no one throws leg kicks at all, let alone the ridiculous amount it would take to break down both your legs with rear calf kicks from clinch range.

Go into practice mode, look at the damage you do from close up or far away. You do about 4-6 damage (compared to 14 max) and are left open for a hook counter. I should know, leg kicking has been my gameplan for months now and I made a video on how to use them effectively. The rear calf kick is the only leg kick I don't use. At all. It's mid risk, low reward.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:21 PM   #7
MVP

For anyone complaining about pressure still: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCkk25S4N84

If Pryoxis can manage to snuff these guys in ranked (not elite by any stretch of the imagination, but they are probably even more advanced than the guys the people here complain about fighting - meaning you don't have to be a UFC god to do this) playing with Sean O'Malley (terrible health and cardio stats), imagine what you can achieve with a top level fighter like TJ or Yan.

This isn't magic. He just knows when to apply his strikes and what strikes to throw. Guess what? Outfighting is super hard to do in real life. Pressure fighting is a lot easier. It takes skill there, why shouldn't it in game? That's why you see all the good outfighters are technical, methodical strikers like Wonderboy and Israel.

You complain about people not using their brain and just coming forward and I think that says more about you than it does them. You don't have enough brain power to beat people not even thinking? Why don't you use your brain? It can be done at the highest level, so it can be done at the lowest level.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:51 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
For anyone complaining about pressure still: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCkk25S4N84

If Pryoxis can manage to snuff these guys in ranked (not elite by any stretch of the imagination, but they are probably even more advanced than the guys the people here complain about fighting - meaning you don't have to be a UFC god to do this) playing with Sean O'Malley (terrible health and cardio stats), imagine what you can achieve with a top level fighter like TJ or Yan.

This isn't magic. He just knows when to apply his strikes and what strikes to throw. Guess what? Outfighting is super hard to do in real life. Pressure fighting is a lot easier. It takes skill there, why shouldn't it in game? That's why you see all the good outfighters are technical, methodical strikers like Wonderboy and Israel.

You complain about people not using their brain and just coming forward and I think that says more about you than it does them. You don't have enough brain power to beat people not even thinking? Why don't you use your brain? It can be done at the highest level, so it can be done at the lowest level.

take a look, not just me - the guy that just "grabbed" the controller, as you said in another post, ( even tho I played ufc 1, 3 and a considerable amount of time of ufc 4)-

Look, it seems the great Pryoxis also deals with this bull****..
It's laughable, because you can see he is doing all the right things,

but gets demolished...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1XnQjOjLFY&t=439s

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »