Home

Hop Step NCAA 2K8 on PS3

This is a discussion on Hop Step NCAA 2K8 on PS3 within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2021, 05:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Hop Step NCAA 2K8 on PS3

I've had 2k8 for so long, but never gave it a chance, since I had so much fun with one of the years on PS2 playing over 30 seasons. Onto 2K8 and I still remember moves which are still laid out the same, but I cannot for the life of me do a quick dribble, hop step and shoot. That move was deadly when I had good guards in the old game, but now I can't do it on the PS3 like I used to on PS2 even tho it's the same suggested controls dribble+R2+tap ■

Does anyone know if it's changed or how to do one of the most simple moves? or what should be? Using default controls, but the best I get is a spin the opposite way I was driving.
Any help would be great as I want to play, but if I start a season before knowing that move it'll drive me crazy and I'll keep trying while in season called for traveling and shot clock.

I did try dribble+R2+■, ●, /_\, X all moves but jump step. Now that I'm thinking it might be just dribble and ■ but idk???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2021, 04:34 PM   #2
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Hop Step NCAA 2K8 on PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gino_454
I've had 2k8 for so long, but never gave it a chance, since I had so much fun with one of the years on PS2 playing over 30 seasons. Onto 2K8 and I still remember moves which are still laid out the same, but I cannot for the life of me do a quick dribble, hop step and shoot. That move was deadly when I had good guards in the old game, but now I can't do it on the PS3 like I used to on PS2 even tho it's the same suggested controls dribble+R2+tap ■

Does anyone know if it's changed or how to do one of the most simple moves? or what should be? Using default controls, but the best I get is a spin the opposite way I was driving.
Any help would be great as I want to play, but if I start a season before knowing that move it'll drive me crazy and I'll keep trying while in season called for traveling and shot clock.

I did try dribble+R2+■, ●, /_\, X all moves but jump step. Now that I'm thinking it might be just dribble and ■ but idk???
Is it just tap square while dribbling?
Old 04-08-2021, 01:04 PM   #3
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18

If you hold down R2 when you make the move, the player will do the spin. You have to let go of R2 and he will hop step instead.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:34 AM   #4
Pro

esayem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyRedskins21
If you hold down R2 when you make the move, the player will do the spin. You have to let go of R2 and he will hop step instead.
I used to do this all the time but I guess I forgot how. What do you mean by make the move?
Old 04-12-2021, 11:05 AM   #5
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
I used to do this all the time but I guess I forgot how. What do you mean by make the move?
Sorry that's my fault for not communicating it clear! When you press square, if you're also holding R2 the player will do that spin move. You have to let go of R2 when you're about to press the square to do the hop step.

Fun fact, you can do the same move on the perimeter where when you press square (and not holding R2) point toward the 3pt line and you can do a stepback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2021, 10:06 AM   #6
Pro

esayem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyRedskins21
Sorry that's my fault for not communicating it clear! When you press square, if you're also holding R2 the player will do that spin move. You have to let go of R2 when you're about to press the square to do the hop step.

Fun fact, you can do the same move on the perimeter where when you press square (and not holding R2) point toward the 3pt line and you can do a stepback.
Gotcha. That makes sense.

I was trying to do it the other day and I came across an old thread where I learned that step back move. Handy!
Old 04-14-2021, 11:10 PM   #7
Pro

esayem's Arena

I don’t have any luck with the alley oop. Any tips?
Old 09-07-2021, 12:05 PM   #8
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
I don’t have any luck with the alley oop. Any tips?
A bit late to the thread, but for an oop to work, I've found I need to be on one side of the lane, about at the elbow, and I need a player who is cutting toward the basket on the other side of the lane.

Then I press LT+A (Xbox 360), which is L2+[passing button] on PS3.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »