Home

How long do you stick with the current madden/franchise?

This is a discussion on How long do you stick with the current madden/franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2021, 11:45 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
How long do you stick with the current madden/franchise?

My buddy and I restarted our yearly franchise after the final massive franchise update because now it feels like a new game like it should have back when the game was released originally. We are in year 3 now and usually don’t start our new franchise in the new madden until at least mid October so there is a chance for a few roster updates and any kinks to be worked out missing players wise or patches etc. I was just wondering how long everyone sticks with the current madden and their franchise.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2021, 12:04 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How long do you stick with the current madden/franchise?

I played like 16 or 17 seasons in M21 and I stopped on June 1 because I like to give myself at least a couple of months away from the game to recharge for the next version.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-06-2021, 12:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I either start over because my current one wins the chip. I also start a new one if I get a new offensive or defensive idea.

I did like you and restarted after all the updates. Since it was after the season, I made all the trades and signings to that point. It took me about 5 years and I won the super bowl. During that time since I saw so many good power backs and mobile QBs in the draft classes I used. I decided to start a new franchise using the pistol and 46. I had to use the Ravens and 49ers playbook but I switch it to pistol and 46 playbooks during game. I made it deep in the playoffs in year 3. Year 4 we are hoping to get to the SB. My year 2 QB is not playing as well which seems to me the case with Madden.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2021, 01:33 PM   #4
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Back when Franchise wasn’t a joke I’d play 10-15 seasons. Not so much now.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:36 PM   #5
MVP

This franchise is so much fun so far since franchise is finally playable again that I think we will prob play this one till like September or even beginning October since we don’t even start the new madden still like 4 or 5th roster update so there aren’t as many missing players. We usually won’t even buy the new madden till
End of September. So might as well keep playing this one. Plus once you hit like season 5-6 your team and the league is mostly players you drafted so it’s like your own world anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2021, 03:07 AM   #6
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

It's too easy to build a powerhouse. I usually make it a few years and restart. I have started to watch games instead of playing and it makes it more enjoyable. But it's also due to fatigue since franchise mode is essentially the same as the last 5 or 6 years.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2021, 06:42 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
It's too easy to build a powerhouse. I usually make it a few years and restart. I have started to watch games instead of playing and it makes it more enjoyable. But it's also due to fatigue since franchise mode is essentially the same as the last 5 or 6 years.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Yeah that’s why we immediately begin on default all madden right from the jump. It does get harder as the seasons go on cause the computer drafts better players and develops their good ones. Especially with the improvements in computer draft logic. But starting immediately on all-madden with default sliders def helps the long term viability of the franchise. Now in year 3 we are looking for a good set of sliders to make it a little harder. We play simulation and never have huge blowouts we just want to make it a little harder.

We also have a few house rules. No signing of free agents that more then 70 overall, no trading for any players etc. so basically you have to develop your own players or draft well. This makes it so much harder to build a powerhouse. We don’t like just signing a bunch of superstars. It’s much more fun to draft and just build your own team. Then it’s all on you to make your team good
Old 06-07-2021, 09:37 PM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Most people don't play long enough to see it, but with the changes they made to player salary requests you can't keep that powerhouse team together for more than a couple of seasons unless you've found a way to trick the system.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »