Home

Does a pitcher's performance weaken when left warming up in the bullpen for too long?

This is a discussion on Does a pitcher's performance weaken when left warming up in the bullpen for too long? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2021, 03:07 AM   #1
Rookie

Deckard75's Arena

OVR: 0
Does a pitcher's performance weaken when left warming up in the bullpen for too long?

Does leaving a pitcher being warmed up in the bullpen for too long weaken his arm and effect pitching performance when put into the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2021, 04:03 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Does a pitcher's performance weaken when left warming up in the bullpen for too l

I believe their stamina starts to drain. They only need a few batters to get warm then you can change them to “ready and waiting” to avoid negative effects
Old 06-30-2021, 06:47 AM   #3
Rookie

Deckard75's Arena

Re: Does a pitcher's performance weaken when left warming up in the bullpen for too l

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStroke3
I believe their stamina starts to drain. They only need a few batters to get warm then you can change them to “ready and waiting” to avoid negative effects

Thanks you.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:54 AM   #4
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'd suggest turning the warm up relievers option off. This way no matter what they're fully warmed up. I personally could care less about tossing warm up pitches. But mainly if you have an injury or caught in a pinch, forget to warm up someone cause it's a video game. It doesn't effect you or the AI in a negative way.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 06-30-2021, 09:02 AM   #5
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I'd suggest turning the warm up relievers option off. This way no matter what they're fully warmed up. I personally could care less about tossing warm up pitches. But mainly if you have an injury or caught in a pinch, forget to warm up someone cause it's a video game. It doesn't effect you or the AI in a negative way.

If a pitcher gets injured, your replacement pitcher comes in already warmed up. But I have warm up relievers turned off anyway just in case I forget. And I still warm up my relievers when I remember.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2021, 09:05 AM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
If a pitcher gets injured, your replacement pitcher comes in already warmed up. But I have warm up relievers turned off anyway just in case I forget. And I still warm up my relievers when I remember.
Oh I didn't know they came in warm if you had an injury. And yeah, I still warm up guys and even give them the ol ready and waiting option. But turning it off is best option for me just in case I forget. Or maybe I put up runs and I'm up by 4 or 5 now instead of one run. Now I can rest my SU guy or CP or whatever, and instead get someone else in who needs some work without worrying about if they're fully warm or not.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 07-01-2021, 10:42 PM   #7
MVP

At one time they did tire if you left them warming up for too long so I always remember to put them on ready and waiting after they warm up but I'm not sure they tire now like they used to. I still put them on ready and waiting out of habit.
Old 07-05-2021, 04:06 PM   #8
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Following this thread....I've always wondered about this too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »