Home

Madden NFL 22 Scouting Feature to be Highlighted in EA Play Spotlight Series on July 19

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Scouting Feature to be Highlighted in EA Play Spotlight Series on July 19 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 01:42 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Feature to be Highlighted in EA Play Spotlight Series on July 19

The Madden team will provide full details on the new scouting feature coming to Madden NFL...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by Steve_OS; 07-02-2021 at 10:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2021, 01:44 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Announces EA Play Spotlight Series, on July 19th they will feature Scouting in

The devs describing their vision for franchise to be the "ultimate sandbox mode" is sick.
Old 07-01-2021, 02:14 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Announces EA Play Spotlight Series, on July 19th they will feature Scouting in

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
The devs describing their vision for franchise to be the "ultimate sandbox mode" is sick.
It's a welcomed vision. They better mean it. So many of us on OS have been asking for years for depth to be added and give players the option to toggle what they want to. We know that many people don't want to fool with some things like practices, gameplan, contract negotiations, but by streamlining that stuff like in the past, you're dictating how everyone must play and ruining the experience for those who want depth.

If you build the mode with depth in mind and allow everything to have a toggle, you can please both the more hardcore player and the casual player. You don't alienate nearly as many people and you also may end up showing some players that they like the depth features more than they ever thought they would. Little Jimmy may learn that he actually loves the team building aspect in a deep franchise more than he actually enjoys the gameplay on the field. Then you'll have a hooked player for years if you continue to build on the mode.

If EA truly takes the next few years to flesh out franchise mode, create a true sandbox experience, and rivals the depth of NBA 2k, then they will deserve all of the money they'll be raking in at that point.

I'm starting to truly believe EA means it when they say they have a real focus on franchise now. I'm also starting to become a fan of the live service model. Yes, it sucks that some updates are late and even the scouting one requires a restart, but if I have to deal with that, but don't have to wait til Madden 23 for a new scouting system instead, I'm taking that deal every single time.

I also feel the live service model might actually be more beneficial for the devs. Its essentially allowing them to extend the cycle of the game past 8 months of development time which not only relieves some of the crunch pressure, but it also allows them to be more ambitious because they now don't have to scrap an idea if it won't be ready by launch. They know it can be a part of a franchise update later on.

It's entirely possible that the scouting revamp doesn't even happen without the live service model. Without the live service model who is to say they don't prioritize other features and only work on the scouting revamp in the background and we don't get it until Madden 24 instead?

However, with the live service model they basically get to work on projects that go beyond the 8 month cycle and continuously build onto the series.

It's a very similar model to what some have suggested before where the game is just called Madden and is no longer released annually, you just get a game called Madden with updates scheduled every X amount of time, and each year you pay for the new rosters and other big ticket items.

It's a potentially big counter to the small cycle issues the sports games deal with annually which I personally think is the biggest issue sports games face these days. 8 months of development time isn't much and is a big reason we never get huge features added to the game. Now with a live service model EA is able to not worry as much about timeframes and can build up features for the current releasing game and the future games.

It's not as simple as I'm about to make it, but now they basically get to constantly work year round on the series and not 8 months on tiny features and a few months on cleaning the game up. Now they can flesh the game out and use updates post launch to continuously add content we might never have gotten before in the old model.

I type too much.

Oh yea, and I least not forget to mention that if this renewed focus on franchise is legit then that should mean the CFB game will see a pretty fleshed out Dynasty mode you would think.

Maybe EA is turning a corner finally. They've got a 2k guy like me salivating out the mouth with regards to the potential of Madden and the CFB series.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 07-01-2021, 03:01 PM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The fact that they now get to talk in public openly about what they want to do with Franchise long term is incredible.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:51 PM   #5
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Can’t wait to find out more about the new scouting system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2021, 05:28 PM   #6
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I still believe the devs wanted this all along, it was the suits that prevented this and the backlash changed their tune. If profits increase or stay steady, they’ll finally see you can focus on singles player and still rake in the money.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:24 PM   #7
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I still believe the devs wanted this all along, it was the suits that prevented this and the backlash changed their tune. If profits increase or stay steady, they’ll finally see you can focus on singles player and still rake in the money.
This is definitely the way things were. Which is why madden has seen so much turnover in their creative lead positions compared to other studios. No one that talented wants the guys in the ivory tower to tell them what to do, so they leave and go somewhere they are allowed to be creative.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-01-2021, 06:32 PM   #8
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

I seriously can't wait for the scouting. I might be setting myself up for a disappointment but so far I have been really happy with the beta. If the scouting is as good as it looks, this year's Madden will last me a long time.

Sent from my LE2125 using Operation Sports mobile app
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »