Home

M22 - cpu vs cpu - too many short throws from cpu?

This is a discussion on M22 - cpu vs cpu - too many short throws from cpu? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2021, 10:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
M22 - cpu vs cpu - too many short throws from cpu?

With the brief time that I’ve been watching cpu vs cpu games for Madden 22 I’ve noticed almost every passing play is 5-10 yards downfield. Usually nothing is ever a 30-40 yard bomb downfield.

Any slider gurus out there have a tweak I can make to change this? Other than this issue, default all pro settings have been pretty good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2021, 10:13 AM   #2
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: M22 - cpu vs cpu - too many short throws from cpu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpersak
With the brief time that I’ve been watching cpu vs cpu games for Madden 22 I’ve noticed almost every passing play is 5-10 yards downfield. Usually nothing is ever a 30-40 yard bomb downfield.

Any slider gurus out there have a tweak I can make to change this? Other than this issue, default all pro settings have been pretty good
Raise QB ACC, it helps
Old 08-18-2021, 10:29 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
Raise QB ACC, it helps
Will that mess up completion %? Won’t that get QBs throwing in the high 70s and low 80s?
Old 08-18-2021, 10:38 AM   #4
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Will that mess up completion %? Won’t that get QBs throwing in the high 70s and low 80s?
Mine are good, depends on your settings
Old 08-18-2021, 10:45 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
Mine are good, depends on your settings
mine are just default all pro sliders with 15 minute quarters and 10 second run off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2021, 10:56 AM   #6
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
mine are just default all pro sliders with 15 minute quarters and 10 second run off.
You will have to make adjustments to get them to start throwing the ball, prob will not happen on default.

Take a look at my Sliders

Last edited by cdcool; 08-18-2021 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-18-2021, 11:06 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

There's a combination of sliders that work in tandem which will open up the passing game more for CPU vs CPU gameplay.

The trick though is getting the CPU QB to be more aggressive (Raise QBA) and then make the coverage easier for him to recognize deep routes being open (Pass Coverage)

Completion % can then be controlled with the WR catch slider (Reduced)

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-18-2021, 11:15 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
There's a combination of sliders that work in tandem which will open up the passing game more for CPU vs CPU gameplay.

The trick though is getting the CPU QB to be more aggressive (Raise QBA) and then make the coverage easier for him to recognize deep routes being open (Pass Coverage)

Completion % can then be controlled with the WR catch slider (Reduced)
thanks for the detailed response. I increased qb accuracy to 60 for both user and cpu and reduced wr catching to 35 and pass coverage to 40 to start with. I'll see how this goes for a game or two

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »