Home

Speed parity?

This is a discussion on Speed parity? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2021, 08:49 AM   #1
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Speed parity?

I know this is technically a slider question, but I prefer when we don't fill that page up with questions and use it only for people's sliders. If you need to move this there, that's ok.

So anyway, I want player's speed attribute to matter and it kinda play realistic , but I cannot figure out where to put it. I had it set to 58 on Madden 18 & 21, but now looking back, I don't think I was very happy with that. I looked through numerous slider sets here and also just Googled this subject. Well, that got me no where, as everyone has them set all over the place. I've seen 0, 25, 100, 75, 40, 54, and I don't know what all else. I'm quite positive that there is no way 100 would work, and really don't believe 0 would either. I'm guessing somewhere between 40 and 54 might get my game where I would like it. I'm gonna mess around with it here in a bit, try it in several different spots, and I guess go into Practice and run a ton of plays to see what I can tell from there.

However, I would like to hear from you guys on where you have yours at and why? Like how are the players running with where you have it set. I'll check back from time to time to see what all has been said. Thanks guys/gals!

Last edited by utorde; 09-20-2021 at 08:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2021, 08:57 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Speed parity?

Try different ones and you'll find your style of play sooner or later.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:24 AM   #3
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
I know this is technically a slider question, but I prefer when we don't fill that page up with questions and use it only for people's sliders. If you need to move this there, that's ok.

So anyway, I want player's speed attribute to matter and it kinda play realistic , but I cannot figure out where to put it. I had it set to 58 on Madden 18 & 21, but now looking back, I don't think I was very happy with that. I looked through numerous slider sets here and also just Googled this subject. Well, that got me no where, as everyone has them set all over the place. I've seen 0, 25, 100, 75, 40, 54, and I don't know what all else. I'm quite positive that there is no way 100 would work, and really don't believe 0 would either. I'm guessing somewhere between 40 and 54 might get my game where I would like it. I'm gonna mess around with it here in a bit, try it in several different spots, and I guess go into Practice and run a ton of plays to see what I can tell from there.

However, I would like to hear from you guys on where you have yours at and why? Like how are the players running with where you have it set. I'll check back from time to time to see what all has been said. Thanks guys/gals!

There is a thread by Aestis in the slider forum that goes into great detail about this. Long story made short, 95 is supposedly the most realistic. Feel free to go there and read all about it.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:05 AM   #4
Pro

utorde's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcgibblets82
There is a thread by Aestis in the slider forum that goes into great detail about this. Long story made short, 95 is supposedly the most realistic. Feel free to go there and read all about it.

Wow, I don't see how 95 would work. The way it describes in the game the higher you go the closer everyone's speed ends up being. I'll definitely go try to find that thread. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:44 AM   #5
Pro

utorde's Arena

I just read all 8 pages of that thread, pretty interesting find. Thanks for telling me about it. I'm still gonna do some testing of my own to see what I like for myself, but i'll definitely be trying higher settings now after reading that, I very seriously doubt I would have tried anything above about 70 had you not turned me on to that write up. Once again, THANKS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2021, 12:14 PM   #6
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Utorde I sent you a PM when you get a chance
Old 09-20-2021, 12:27 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

95 works well. I've always used a higher value since the slider was implemented in both Madden and NCAA. The slider essentially was a big play slider and I've always felt that both Madden and NCAA had big plays way too often.

Reading adem saying that 95 was what EA internally had as the most authentic number only reinforced the idea to stay with a higher value and that's the number I've been using.

95, or any high value, improves the game in many areas. Coverage is tighter, pursuit angles are better, the deep ball is more realistic, the running game is more realistic, etc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 09-20-2021, 03:05 PM   #8
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't think there is a wrong answer, people like to use different values for this slider.

I used 75 up until M21 next gen when I went back to default 50 and I've been using default ever since.

For M22 they have improved pursuit angles and I like seeing the CPU attempt those long passes at times to their speedy WR's.

I enjoy a few big plays in the games I play, but to each their own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »