Home

Player DNA bug

This is a discussion on Player DNA bug within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2021, 06:46 PM   #1
Pro

dkemp's Arena

OVR: 7
Player DNA bug

Is anyone having the same issue as I am? I export player dna and when I check for payer in the pool if he shows no face picture my games freezes. If a face silhouette is there the CAP is good to go for downloading player dna and game doesn’t freeze! Any ideas thoughts?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2021, 02:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player DNA bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemp
Is anyone having the same issue as I am? I export player dna and when I check for payer in the pool if he shows no face picture my games freezes. If a face silhouette is there the CAP is good to go for downloading player dna and game doesn’t freeze! Any ideas thoughts?!

There are a couple of guys from the historic draft classes that were causing that error for me. Clemon Johnson and George Johnson who are only in the draft classes. I exported their DNA and when I started editing things in a roster like their contract and age, I got the blank portraits in the roster screen and everything would then freeze up and I'd have to restart. If I loaded the roster into freestyle and tried to use them, they would be invisible players on the court. I never found any way to fix it.
Old 10-27-2021, 03:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Without having the game open right now, What do the faces of the guys you're getting this error with look like? Or who are they?

I noticed it happened to me with Sengun (before he got his real scan) and Jason Preston on the Clippers. At the time both of those guys were real players with CAP faces.
I wonder if it has something to with "interim" faces if these are players who in fact have face scans somewhere that haven't been put in the game yet (and maybe they'll be updated at some point).
Old 10-27-2021, 04:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I import player DNA into draft classes. This happened to me once and I figured out that when I import someone if the player model doesn't update, then its one that is going to cause this bug, so I find someone else to import instead. Seems to be newer players at the lower rankings, but I didn't take note of exactly who it has been, but you could create a draft class and import players to test them out if needed.
Old 10-27-2021, 11:43 PM   #5
Pro

dkemp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz21
Without having the game open right now, What do the faces of the guys you're getting this error with look like? Or who are they?

I noticed it happened to me with Sengun (before he got his real scan) and Jason Preston on the Clippers. At the time both of those guys were real players with CAP faces.
I wonder if it has something to with "interim" faces if these are players who in fact have face scans somewhere that haven't been put in the game yet (and maybe they'll be updated at some point).
Not sure if that’s the issue….I’ve download players from 2k’s roster and it’s happening to
me when I export or import Ishmael Wainright and it’s also happen when importing a player (Freddie Gillespie) from a downloaded roster…..the pic of player would be blank no face pic at all and if you edit the player or anything it’s freeze’s the game. So before you copy players to your roster free agent list check for pictures/face scans whatever you guys call it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2021, 11:53 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemp
Not sure if that’s the issue….I’ve download players from 2k’s roster and it’s happening to
me when I export or import Ishmael Wainright and it’s also happen when importing a player (Freddie Gillespie) from a downloaded roster…..the pic of player would be blank no face pic at all and if you edit the player or anything it’s freeze’s the game. So before you copy players to your roster free agent list check for pictures/face scans whatever you guys call it.
Those are both players that are real, but that don't have real faces, which is what was happening with me. I had the same freeze you were having.
Old 10-30-2021, 10:53 PM   #7
Pro

dkemp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz21
Those are both players that are real, but that don't have real faces, which is what was happening with me. I had the same freeze you were having.
Can we get this thread over to the OS/2K liason……for the next game update?
Old 10-31-2021, 01:15 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

The only issue I have with player DNA is I'll export and put the player's name but after a few days the names disappear and I don't what the DNA player is.

2K has a description but we can't put anything in it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »