Home

Lineup jumbles when changing tactics

This is a discussion on Lineup jumbles when changing tactics within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-17-2021, 11:40 AM   #1
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2
Lineup jumbles when changing tactics

This has happened in past years too but why does my lineup get scrambled up when I change tactics like Attacking or Defensive? My formation stays the same but where some players play gets all mixed up
It this my design or am I doing something to mess it up in my Squad screen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2021, 12:47 PM   #2
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Lineup jumbles when changing tactics

It happens all the time to me unfortunately.

If I play 4-2-3-1 for example and I'm holding onto 1-0 lead and switch to defensive. It automatically changes to a back 5 and the 5th defender is now my striker which is ridiculous. If I change tactics I quickly pause the game and manually alter the positions. Just the way it is I'm afraid.
Old 11-17-2021, 01:33 PM   #3
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

My theory has been that when you make substitutions on the main squad and move people around, for some reason those changes don't follow through on other tactics (like at some point you subbed your striker out for a 5th defender and moved him around). But I can't seem to find a way to fix it.

Also, weirdly in my 4-4-3 Holding my LW and ST always show flipped on the pre game overlays.
Old 11-17-2021, 06:05 PM   #4
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

This has been a problem since FIFA 21 next gen and has carried over to FIFA 22. It is not tied to substations because my default (chosen manually style of play is attacking) it changes my line up around as soon as switch attacking on at the beginning of match.

I switch my players back and when close out tactics there another formation screen that appears that has to be reset as well just manually moving players back to their positions. Then I do a last check when I finally reach the pause screen. All this to just use attacking tactic but it changes on anything that is not normal. This needs to be addressed because constantly having to do this each match is tedious in my crammed and compact gaming time. I am surprised has not been brought up before.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

Last edited by poulka; 11-17-2021 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 11-17-2021, 06:21 PM   #5
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Legacy issue.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2021, 06:08 AM   #6
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

OVR: 0

It’s not really an ‘issue’…you just have to make sure you organise your player positions for each setting.

I.e when you’re in your team sheet on the balanced setting and swap wingers with each other that change will ONLY take effect on balanced. If you don’t go into ultra defensive/defensive/attacking/ultra attacking and make the same change, then when you change setting during the match the wingers will go back to their original position.

In a nutshell go into each of the above settings and place your players where you want them, save, then you’ll be set.
Old 11-20-2021, 11:30 AM   #7
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancefc
It’s not really an ‘issue’…you just have to make sure you organise your player positions for each setting.

I.e when you’re in your team sheet on the balanced setting and swap wingers with each other that change will ONLY take effect on balanced. If you don’t go into ultra defensive/defensive/attacking/ultra attacking and make the same change, then when you change setting during the match the wingers will go back to their original position.

In a nutshell go into each of the above settings and place your players where you want them, save, then you’ll be set.
I'd counter and say it absolutely is an issue, but like you described it's not without a work around. It's just super tedious and frustrating. Team Sheet tactical system is a mess.
Old 11-20-2021, 03:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
I'd counter and say it absolutely is an issue, but like you described it's not without a work around. It's just super tedious and frustrating. Team Sheet tactical system is a mess.
My point is it’s working as designed. I’d agree the design itself is flawed but each tactic setting allows for separate formations etc. so it sort of makes sense the player positions being independent for each setting.

It literally takes 5 mins to put your players where you want them at the start of a save…no big deal once you know how it works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »