Home

EA Sports College Football Release Timeframe...

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football Release Timeframe... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2021, 04:05 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

FYI

https://twitter.com/EASPORTS/status/1469042388148576261

We have not announced a specific release timeframe for the upcoming EA SPORTS College Football title. We’ll confirm launch timing at a later date.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2021, 10:42 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Sports College Football Release Timeframe...

While I have zero faith it will happen, nothing would please me more than for it to be may next year and EA must starts blasting us with info and then hits us with a nice surprise of, oh yea, the game launches this summer.

All of the official documentation makes it seem the 2023 release is pretty set in stone, but I'd love for EA to surprise me in a positive way for once.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 12-12-2021, 11:40 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

If they aren't releasing until 2023, they better be building the game from the ground up and port the new code into Madden. It's the only way these games will ever be worth playing. The ancient code they use now is unusable. Everytime they add something new, it breaks the old code. Example: No pre snap play art before the snap on coop games. This has been broken for months because of the franchise update rendering the game useless for me.
Old 12-12-2021, 12:43 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If you want a rebuild then I'll be the one to go ahead and give you the bad news.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 12-12-2021, 07:24 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 37

I can live with madden gameplay tweaked to college rules. That’s how it’s always been. What worries me is what type of features we will get in a 2023 release.

I’m hoping at the very least we get all the features we had in NCAA 14 but I’m expecting a lot less than that. I still remember how terrible NCAA 08 was on PS3 and it took a lot of years to get the features we wanted into NCAA 14 (eg it took 4 years to get formation subs).

My other concern is that a huge focus of the game will move to ultimate teams and micro transactions. We didn’t really have much in 14 but that was a different time. EAs business model has changed and likely we will see this in full display in college football (24?)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2021, 08:09 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo72
If they aren't releasing until 2023, they better be building the game from the ground up and port the new code into Madden. It's the only way these games will ever be worth playing. The ancient code they use now is unusable. Everytime they add something new, it breaks the old code. Example: No pre snap play art before the snap on coop games. This has been broken for months because of the franchise update rendering the game useless for me.

Historically, the NCAA franchise took the Madden code and enhanced it to make it the college game. I would expect the same process in this iteration. They won't add NCAA code to Madden.
Old 12-17-2021, 07:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wouldn't expect a ground-up rebuild, either. Makes no sense on what I'm pretty sure has always been a slower-selling (less profitable) game. The college football game will get new code only if/when Madden does. I'm fine with that, as long as the college-specific stuff is done right.
Old 12-18-2021, 11:19 PM   #8
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

You don’t rebuild a football game at this level in a couple of years.

You’re not getting a rebuild, but next gen football is in a good spot, I’m excited to see NCAA tune it like they’ve always done for their game. NCAA football has always appeased a different crowd than Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »