Home

AO Tennis 3?

This is a discussion on AO Tennis 3? within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2022, 05:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
AO Tennis 3?

Has there been any update about a potential new game? I feel like with the customization and improved gameplay, the series is really promising. It’d be a shame if there isn’t an AO3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2022, 08:26 PM   #2
Pro

knich1's Arena

Re: AO Tennis 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRodgers1175
Has there been any update about a potential new game? I feel like with the customization and improved gameplay, the series is really promising. It’d be a shame if there isn’t an AO3.
I agree. They seemed to have abandoned for WT2. AO2 offers way more IMO.
Old 03-26-2022, 07:36 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich1
I agree. They seemed to have abandoned for WT2. AO2 offers way more IMO.
They've abandoned both games, they released Cricket 22 late last year which was a buggy mess on release and long afterwards, they are also working on a new AFL game.

So seems unlikely for there to be another tennis game from them until maybe next year.
Old 03-26-2022, 01:21 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm gonna be dead and gone before someone releases a decent tennis game. If you could graft Tennis Elbow onto a modern graphics engine with sponsorships sorted out, we would have something really special.
Old 03-26-2022, 04:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleFire
I'm gonna be dead and gone before someone releases a decent tennis game. If you could graft Tennis Elbow onto a modern graphics engine with sponsorships sorted out, we would have somethi2ng really special.
same with hockey. they must be tough games to program.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2022, 01:48 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleFire
I'm gonna be dead and gone before someone releases a decent tennis game. If you could graft Tennis Elbow onto a modern graphics engine with sponsorships sorted out, we would have something really special.
Agreed for console, but if you're wanting to play a really realistic tennis game, you should at least check out some videos on First Person Tennis for the Oculus Quest 2. It's as close to real-life tennis that I've played, but you do need a lot of space if you want to move around physically. Otherwise, you can just use the analogue sticks to move your player. The immersion is fantastic.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:42 AM   #7
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures
Agreed for console, but if you're wanting to play a really realistic tennis game, you should at least check out some videos on First Person Tennis for the Oculus Quest 2. It's as close to real-life tennis that I've played, but you do need a lot of space if you want to move around physically. Otherwise, you can just use the analogue sticks to move your player. The immersion is fantastic.
do racket Joy-Con work on old tennis games, I have PS2 and I want to try some tennis games on it.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:37 PM   #8
Rookie

Before a good tennis game is released, I'll already be gone. We would have something truly exceptional if Tennis Elbow could be grafted onto a contemporary graphics engine with sponsorships taken care of.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »