Home

UFC5 FY23 Q4 ?

This is a discussion on UFC5 FY23 Q4 ? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2022, 07:13 PM   #1
MVP

Yaari's Arena

OVR: 0
UFC5 FY23 Q4 ?

I do not know the dates for Q4 of FY23. This is from an financiall call, as all other EA Sports games are already listed, I think EA UFC 5 makes the most sense for being the unrevealed one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2022, 08:46 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC5 FY23 Q4 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari

I do not know the dates for Q4 of FY23. This is from an financiall call, as all other EA Sports games are already listed, I think EA UFC 5 makes the most sense for being the unrevealed one.
I have no idea but it makes the most sense. Thats too early for the new NCAA game.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:50 PM   #3
MVP

Is that Q4 2023? I'm not sure I know how to read this properly.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2022, 11:16 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Is that Q4 2023? I'm not sure I know how to read this properly.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Yes so that means Spring/Summer 2023.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:51 AM   #5
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Spring 2023 is longer than I expected, however it makes sense given they're moving to a new engine. I don't mind the longer wait, hopefully it results in a polished game with more content.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2022, 08:46 AM   #6
Rookie

Looks like this could really be the release period. Also, Tom Henderson, who has been very accurate with his leaks on upcoming games in the past, says that UFC 5 is coming in the summer of 2023. (Source: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/pl...box-game-pass/)

If that's really true, then wow...that's a lot longer than I expected. On one hand, it's good if they are taking their time to make the game as good as possible. On the other hand, it's still over a year of playing UFC 4, which I'm starting to get sick of. Hopefully they will at least continue to add new fighters.
Attached Images
File Type: png Bild_2022-05-11_144316587.png (39.6 KB, 152 views)
Old 05-11-2022, 11:40 AM   #7
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzla
Looks like this could really be the release period. Also, Tom Henderson, who has been very accurate with his leaks on upcoming games in the past, says that UFC 5 is coming in the summer of 2023. (Source: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/pl...box-game-pass/)

If that's really true, then wow...that's a lot longer than I expected. On one hand, it's good if they are taking their time to make the game as good as possible. On the other hand, it's still over a year of playing UFC 4, which I'm starting to get sick of. Hopefully they will at least continue to add new fighters.
I know Fight Night fans are upset that UFC is taking precedence over it but we don't yet have our own FNC from EA, once we do I won't mind FN being the top dog again in terms of development.

So I know they want a new game and I totally get it but at least their last one was great. If UFC 5 is really good on all levels with enough depth to last 5-10 years then by all means put UFC on the backburner.

I wonder how much of the extra year is going towards the engine transition. Frostbite has migration tools for Ignite projects but I've heard that bespoke features still have to be developed for certain things as Frostbite doesn't (or didn't) support them.

Last edited by TheUFCVeteran; 05-11-2022 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:18 PM   #8
Pro

The game's still technically unannounced?

I thought Q4 is for march/april, when the financial year ends. July next year is a long time but we'll wait for it. They better work on getting it right then...

They did announce EA SPORTS FC though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »