Home

Madden 23 Weather

This is a discussion on Madden 23 Weather within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2022, 02:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 23 Weather

I see there's a difference in the weather when its on Light Snow. 1st quarter starts off with light flurries but field is not cover in snow like a blizzard until the 2nd/3rd quarter . THATS GREAT (but its only for snow so that's some what Dynamic)

With that being said

1.I would really like to play freezing cold games without Snow. currently there's no way we can do this H2H online or H2H offline. That's an easy fix just let us control the Temperature

2. For Rainy games please have it like the snow games where the field is somewhat dry and as the players goes on the field is more wet but the rain stop (something like that)

3. would really like to see Fog added

I know this is a lil off topic but can we get the chain gang via call for measurement please

Last edited by mestevo; 06-18-2022 at 03:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2022, 02:26 AM   #2
MVP

Re: MADDEN 23 WEATHER

I've been asking for these things for years. Especially being able to play cold weather games without snow. They need to bring back the Live Weather feature that they had in NCAA Football back in the day. I don't know why that feature never made it into Madden. Now that the gameplay is finally in a decent state, hopefully EA will start to improve on the presentation side of the game (weather, living worlds, etc.)
Old 06-13-2022, 08:44 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I've been asking for these things for years. Especially being able to play cold weather games without snow. They need to bring back the Live Weather feature that they had in NCAA Football back in the day. I don't know why that feature never made it into Madden. Now that the gameplay is finally in a decent state, hopefully EA will start to improve on the presentation side of the game (weather, living worlds, etc.)

I remember living worlds being a big thing in madden 16
Old 06-13-2022, 10:20 AM   #4
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

It is kind of amazing w how integral weather is to the game of football that it continues to be left stagnant. TheBleedingRed21 created a heavy snow mod for M22 on PC and let me tell you it made a huge difference in the immersion factor of the game.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:30 PM   #5
MVP

Weather sliders from Madden 2001 on PS2 would be good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2022, 01:23 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
It is kind of amazing w how integral weather is to the game of football that it continues to be left stagnant. TheBleedingRed21 created a heavy snow mod for M22 on PC and let me tell you it made a huge difference in the immersion factor of the game.
I'm guessing much like not having ref's on the field this is simply not a big deal for those who play online or as some will say on here, they just don't notice it while they are playing LOL

But as one poster stated the live weather in NCAA Football was the best. Makes you scratch your head how a feature like that was in the game over a decade ago but can't be duplicated or adding to NG systems.

Then to make matters worse the weather in Madden 21 and 22 in terms of snow looked like something you'd see from Madden 07 compared to other NG games (Weather)

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-13-2022, 03:26 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat

With an increasing number of teams building domes, canopies, or retractible roof stadiums (up to 11 teams now after SoFi Stadium and Allegiant Field opened), I’d argue the impact of weather on NFL football games is actually decreasing.

I think it is more likely you see weather prioritized in a future version of EA Sports College Football, and the improvements there migrating to Madden the following year, because there are so many more stadiums there that aren’t domes and there isn’t as much money for palatial state-of-the-art football buildings as there is in the NFL.
Old 06-13-2022, 03:38 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

We need the ability to select the weather in Franchise mode. I hate how I played 3 separate playoffs in Madden 22 and made 2 Super Bowls. Literally every playoff game but the Super Bowls were in harsh snowy conditions. What are the odds of all 7 of my games being in those conditions?

I also want to see the return of fog like another mentioned. It was beautiful in NCAA 14 at the time and is something I really want to see with today's graphics.

Also, dynamic weather is long overdue. I could live with a system where the weather changed quarter to quarter, but it is 2022 and the Frostbite engine is mighty powerful. We should be able to see the weather changing in live action now. I want games where it drizzles, stops, drizzles, stops, etc. I want a game that's in overcast weather until the rain comes pouring down the final 3 possessions.

Cold weather games without snow is desperately needed. This happens more often than actual snow games happen in real life. Madden would convince you it's either perfect fall weather or a blizzard every sunday and nothing else, unless you play in the NFC South, then every other Sunday sees rain.

We see the capability of the engine with Battlefield and what it has been able to do with dynamic weather and the quality of the effects. It would be nice to see that flow over into the sports games moving forward. The current weather in Madden is somewhat sad compared to what Dice has been doing since Battlefield 1.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »