Home

Franchise Immersion Wishlist

This is a discussion on Franchise Immersion Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2022, 03:16 PM   #1
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0

I know we always have things that we want added to the game year to year, to boost the level of immersion we feel with Madden......so I've come up with a short list of things I only can hope for in the coming decade.

Note: Some of these things are in 2K and the Show but this is not a bash thread. Good energy only and its a wishlist, so we know it's not in the game yet.

1. Star player interviews/press conferences for each team anywhere in the Franchise Mode. Similar to how 2k does it after the 1st quarter.

2. A halftime show revamp with at least 2 highlights per game shown, one per team.

3. A weekly wrap up show when progressing each week. Similar to the show when going from game to game to recap the games around the league with stats for the week. We have a ticker; but a quick recap is great, an saves less time for those who don't want to wait and read it. Even add trade rumors or player demand rumors for signing with team. Helps out with knowing what players could want without scrolling thru menu's.

4. 1st round walk-up with commish during the draft; and hell, with the new tag system have some even not attend for various reasons.

5. Extend the ratings chart for the draft and expand the scouting visits, so we get a realistic scope of players and smokescreen by teams like the real NFL pre draft hype.

6. More camera angles since the cpu vs cpu community is growing, and needs more options than the current broadcast cam. Also a coach mode to just call plays only.

7. Can we please get a revamp of the SB Celebration or a fake parade for each team and the city. Use the stadium footage and show something around the stadium with players and fans.

8. Redo the team chants please. Not sure about most teams but for one, the duuval back to back in superspeed sounds horrid. Don't know who was in charge of that but fix it pls and make it realistic and not cartoony. Give me yells and chants like in the show where I get boo'd for doing well against the home team or cheers for winning in my stadium after each play.

This is just off the top of my head and is in no way a complete overhaul as it just adds to the already set foundation elements. Feel free to add or pass with any other ideas. This is not a next year's list, as we know the yearly cycle can only do so much.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2022, 05:08 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Franchise Immersion Wishlist

My list is not in no specific order.

1) True fog of war. Something that will likely never happen, but I want the ability to not have exact ratings like we have now. I would love to have scouting reports for all prospects and current players. The older the player, typically the more accurate the report. Also, better scouts have more accurate reports. I don't like seeing that WR A has 88 catching while WR B has 92. It's simply not realistic. I want to see a realistic scouting report about each player that helps me make my decisions. The CPU would need to follow the scouting reports too and not simply know the under the hood ratings.

2) More impactful owners that can be toggled on and off. I don't care if they're the real owners still, or fictional ones. I want them to have different personalities and goals. Maybe the Ravens owner wants you to be top 10 in the league in rushing annually. Maybe he sets a goal up for you to resign your aging star despite them being in the decline.

3) GM's having a presence. I want each GM to have a different type of personality. I want relationships between GM's. I want this to be something we can toggle on and off. I want to see GM's that are aggressive in Free Agency, others that aren't, some that are willing to negotiate more in trades or re-signings, others that want their way or the highway. I want GM's that value positions differently, play styles differently, certain abilities differently. Some GM's love speed guys too much, others want guys that just put their head down and work whether they're the most talented option or not.

4) More player personalities. This seems like it is being worked on with the tags and motivations in free agency. I want guys that are locker room cancers, guys that are leaders, guys that take pay cuts to play for contending teams, older veterans that take cheap deals to stay in the league and mentor, young players that excel and holdout as they reach the end of their rookie deals, etc. I want players that are mad when you draft someone at their spot. I want players demanding trades.

5) Organizational goals/plans. Short-term and long-term. This is something we see partially in other sports games like NBA 2k, The Show, and text sims. You will see teams be labeled contenders, rebuilding, neutral, etc. and this will dictate what moves they make that season.

I'll try to keep this simple, but the game already has a basic logic where teams analyze their rosters each off-season and then it prioritizes what positions they want to go after. The logic isn't perfect and can be wonky at times, but it is there. I want to see this expanded on. I want to see the above contender, rebuild, neutral labels expand to be multi-year things that adjust the current team building logic in the game.

For example, a team hires a new GM and coaching staff. It generates a 3-year plan where the team is permanently in rebuilding mode, the Head Coach sees their seat heat at a reduced pace as the organization accepts it will lose for 2-3 years as it rebuilds.

The game uses the already in place off-season analysis to look at the roster and implements a priority list for the 3-year rebuild. The list can change if any players become better/worse than expected, retire due to injury, etc.

It generates a list of simple goals. Year 1 it wants a top 10 pick and to grab a QB as there is no franchise QB on the roster. This simple logic has a check come in the off-season and sees if the team already performed poorly enough to be in the top 10 or not. If so, it makes sure there is a quality QB likely to be available at their slot. If so, no trades are made. If either answer above was no, then the game uses the GM's traits to try and grab a top 10 pick.

Once the QB is secured maybe the next priority was to secure a guy that will be a WR1 in 2 years. With the 2nd draft pick it goes and grabs a WR. You get the idea. None of this has to be entirely complex. It will be simple logic checks and modifiers to already existing logic that will give the illusion that the CPU builds teams with similar long and short term vision like a human player does.

― Plato
Old 06-20-2022, 05:20 PM   #3
MVP

1. Generated rookies that look as good or better (gear, proportions, etc) than the real guys instead of sticking out like a soar thumb.

2. Way more “generic” QB cadences. Like there should be a hundred or more, not seven.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 06-20-2022 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:33 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Continuation of my list.

- Make the homepage of the Franchise Screen an organizational page. They've kind of gone that direction now. I want to see my division standings, my team's schedule with any results posted, my league rankings statistically, upcoming expiring contracts, current draft pick spots, etc. It needs to be a snapshot of all things surrounding my organization.

- Make the next tab like a website for the league I'm in. They attempted this in the past poorly. I want to see some basic headlines, standings, wild card races, draft projections later in the year, league leaders, and so on. Make it feel like a living world.

- A weekly recap show. Doesn't need highlights, but I want to see scores from the weekend, notable injuries, any transactions, trade rumors, locker room quarrels, hirings/firings, benchings, etc.

- An actual weather system. I don't need it to be some sophisticated weather simulation. I just want to see a map of the country like below that is generated each week, or if franchise mode moves back to a daily format like I wish, it updates daily. This will allow for you to see a forecast for what your game weather may be, plus it allows for regional weather systems to affect certain games. A storm hitting the southeast US may lead to the Bucs, Panthers, and Jacksonville all seeing their games in potential rain. Or a cold front may move in late in the year over the Midwest resulting in some snow.

- Dynamic weather. Not sure this fits as much, but it ties into the above. The weather systems should dictate weather patterns you see in your game. You may play in an overcast game for 2.5 quarters, but then with 6:52 remaining in the 3rd, you're seeing a drizzle that continues to pickup and by the 4th quarter you finish the game in a downpour completely changing how the game was playing. It would certainly add immersion to the mode seeing weather forecasts, seeing it mentioned in the weekly recap show that also looks forward to the next week, and seeing your weather dynamically change accurately based on the forecasts you saw.

― Plato
Old 06-20-2022, 05:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Integrate Face of the Franchise into Franchise mode and we’ll have many of those presentation aspects available by default. Make the cutscenes, ie interviews, etc, accessible via the current in-game Twitter feed story lines. You should be able to not only read the twitter storylines, but press a button to select it, which will then bring up visual assets to enjoy and immerse yourself in, which ultimately will connect you more with the players within your personal franchise universe. This would be great for immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2022, 06:02 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Some good ideas on this list.

Three things I will add:

I would like to see teams track retired jersey numbers and not issue those numbers to incoming players by default. Maybe, leveraging EA Sports’ license with the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the game could hold a per-team museum containing a biography and information about the accomplishments of each player for whom the team retired the number.

I would like the game to store the jersey number a player wore in college and, if their current jersey number is not available and their college jersey number is available when the player joins a team, he is assigned that jersey number instead of a random choice. (This would be a cool point of integration with EA Sports College Football 23 as well! Assuming draft class importing returns.)

I would like to see Superstar and X-Factor players automatically retain their current jersey number if they switch teams, assuming the number is not already retired or already taken by a Superstar or X-Factor player. Maybe if the player has already exceeded the Hall of Fame threshold (as determined by the game with legacy points), the retired number rule is not enforced.

I suppose if there’s a theme to these three suggestions, it’d be continuity.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:09 PM   #7
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
My list is not in no specific order.

1) True fog of war. Something that will likely never happen, but I want the ability to not have exact ratings like we have now. I would love to have scouting reports for all prospects and current players. The older the player, typically the more accurate the report. Also, better scouts have more accurate reports. I don't like seeing that WR A has 88 catching while WR B has 92. It's simply not realistic. I want to see a realistic scouting report about each player that helps me make my decisions. The CPU would need to follow the scouting reports too and not simply know the under the hood ratings.

2) More impactful owners that can be toggled on and off. I don't care if they're the real owners still, or fictional ones. I want them to have different personalities and goals. Maybe the Ravens owner wants you to be top 10 in the league in rushing annually. Maybe he sets a goal up for you to resign your aging star despite them being in the decline.

3) GM's having a presence. I want each GM to have a different type of personality. I want relationships between GM's. I want this to be something we can toggle on and off. I want to see GM's that are aggressive in Free Agency, others that aren't, some that are willing to negotiate more in trades or re-signings, others that want their way or the highway. I want GM's that value positions differently, play styles differently, certain abilities differently. Some GM's love speed guys too much, others want guys that just put their head down and work whether they're the most talented option or not.

4) More player personalities. This seems like it is being worked on with the tags and motivations in free agency. I want guys that are locker room cancers, guys that are leaders, guys that take pay cuts to play for contending teams, older veterans that take cheap deals to stay in the league and mentor, young players that excel and holdout as they reach the end of their rookie deals, etc. I want players that are mad when you draft someone at their spot. I want players demanding trades.

5) Organizational goals/plans. Short-term and long-term. This is something we see partially in other sports games like NBA 2k, The Show, and text sims. You will see teams be labeled contenders, rebuilding, neutral, etc. and this will dictate what moves they make that season.

I'll try to keep this simple, but the game already has a basic logic where teams analyze their rosters each off-season and then it prioritizes what positions they want to go after. The logic isn't perfect and can be wonky at times, but it is there. I want to see this expanded on. I want to see the above contender, rebuild, neutral labels expand to be multi-year things that adjust the current team building logic in the game.

For example, a team hires a new GM and coaching staff. It generates a 3-year plan where the team is permanently in rebuilding mode, the Head Coach sees their seat heat at a reduced pace as the organization accepts it will lose for 2-3 years as it rebuilds.

The game uses the already in place off-season analysis to look at the roster and implements a priority list for the 3-year rebuild. The list can change if any players become better/worse than expected, retire due to injury, etc.

It generates a list of simple goals. Year 1 it wants a top 10 pick and to grab a QB as there is no franchise QB on the roster. This simple logic has a check come in the off-season and sees if the team already performed poorly enough to be in the top 10 or not. If so, it makes sure there is a quality QB likely to be available at their slot. If so, no trades are made. If either answer above was no, then the game uses the GM's traits to try and grab a top 10 pick.

Once the QB is secured maybe the next priority was to secure a guy that will be a WR1 in 2 years. With the 2nd draft pick it goes and grabs a WR. You get the idea. None of this has to be entirely complex. It will be simple logic checks and modifiers to already existing logic that will give the illusion that the CPU builds teams with similar long and short term vision like a human player does.
Love the list and I started with mostly presentation elements somewhat. These suggestions will definitely add a living pulse to Franchise, and bring us even closer to a diverse and ever changing league every offseason or mode restart from year 1.

To add, I'd also like to see more coach diversity when it comes to situational football with current and custom coaches. I would like to see coaches go for 2, 4th and short, pass to TE1 or #2 more, WR1-or-#2-or-slot, RB etc. Same with running. Again, tying this with QB traits an tendencies in the same matter with pass first/balanced/team friendly QBs. Some always want to throw, some prefer a ground game, others go with the flow and this can tie into their growth speed as well. Just name a position and the point it would work lol.
We already have the team playbooks tied to coaches, so it would be more of a scheme playbook with their specific tendencies. This way all coaches with the same philosophy have similar plays/packages but execute them differently based on tendencies. This could also open up the playbook choices that were shortened and vets who like to use diff formations and how to sort and look for plays will not have to custom one as extensively. Alot easier for maybe 1 or 2 formations from 2 different team playbooks when all plays are available in the custom playbook option.

I'll even go as far as tying these HC tendencies/traits into the GM hires and expectations; to either sway some HC(s) to change their approach or dont-and risk changing the relationship good/bad depending on the GMs traits. Well wanting to leave so the P.R. can pass thru the NFL shield chokehold.
All of this can honestly work hand in hand and string together great outcomes from team-building chemistry in all facets.

We do need more QB throw animations and cadences asap. A revamp of ball trajectory is needed along with it and even multiple trajectories based on QB strengths and weaknesses. Some QBs can throw beautiful passes with arc, some can't but throw great bullet and mid lead passes etc. As it is now, you either hit a spot or don't and its should be more diverse to really expand on QB type.

I won't go to deep into it but toggle options for everything is a must as are gameplay sliders and effects. If I want more physical play from my team that may lead to more PIs or injuries, then tie it to my coach; so I can change it or go with the built in tendency, similar to 2k coach options for franchise. GP sliders are the same for across the board. If i want more physical or penalty free play etc, let me adjust it for all positions groups. The penalty sliders are a must keep but also need to have a more immediate and direct effect on the actual gameplay.

I know ill think of more later; but with adding tendencies etc and tying it all in. Franchise would be overhauled enough for that to be a solid foundation for whatever animation/physics tweaks they need to make.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

Last edited by GoJags904; 06-20-2022 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:27 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I've got a laundry list of things they needed to do for a decade now and these wish list usually mention those things year after year but to no avail.

So' I'll mention just a few things.

1). Give us the NCAA Football option where we can have our own custom stadium sounds. That would go a long way towards helping the atmosphere if each person could set their own chant's, music, sounds around each stadium.

Imagine hearing FOX or NBC theme song before the start of a game.

2). In the older Genesis days of Madden they used to show highlight's of another game while you were playing your teams game. You can't tell me on NG we can't get a small clip highlight of other games.

Bring it back EA...

3). Again to piggy back off of NCAA Football bring back the dynamic weather based on that City or State.

4). Give us more announcing options like 2K or add each teams radio crew.

5). Go back and look at NCAA Football again and watch how the SI magazines brought your Dynasty to life each week. Surely that can be done again in Madden also with some kind of mid-week recap show talking about injuries, players of the week or power rankings.

I hate to sound like a negative guy but man how many years is it going to take for us to get things that used to be in Madden or NCAA Football over 10-15 years ago

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 06-20-2022 at 06:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »