Home

Classic Roster ideas M23

This is a discussion on Classic Roster ideas M23 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2022, 02:41 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Classic Roster ideas M23

I am starting to think about my next roster creation. I am, at this point anyway, assuming I will get Madden 23 on the PS5 (sorry Xbox guys).
Just to be clear, that is an assumption at this point. I have been playing the beta and overall I like it and think there is some nice progress on the field. However, there are currently issues within franchise mode that, if not fixed, will keep me from getting it. But at this point, let's say I am getting M23.

So, like I said, I am thinking about what roster to make.

At this point I have made nearly every season from 1985-1995 at some point. Some of those were back on M17 or 18. There are some seasons I really enjoy making so I have made them more than once.

Here is a list of rosters I am currently thinking about. And this is not a democratic process, I am just trying to get ideas and peoples thoughts, so this is not a poll.

1984: I have never created this season, but always thought it would be neat with Dan Marino's amazing season. Plus, the USFL was big so that could be used to create the expansion teams and help with making Free Agents.

1985: I did this roster years ago and I believe Soundwave did it for M20. It is one of my favorite seasons of football for many reasons. Again, the USFL was around.

1987: The Strike Year! I did this many years ago. The replacement players can be used for expansion teams and free agents. Can the Browns beat John Elway?

1995: I have done this season as well, though it has been awhile. Soundwave did this season on M20. For me, as a Browns fan, this is a tough season. However, in this world, they won't move!

I am open to other possibilities as well. 1989 and 1992 are seasons I have thought about also.

Please do ask me to do an all-time roster, or best of roster. I know those are popular, but I personally do not enjoy them. So I defer to others to make those types of rosters.

I tend to stay away from rosters very far in the 2000s, though I have done 1999,2002, and 2003 at some point.
I have also done rosters prior to 1984 and I am open to that as well. However, they do not translate as well in Madden games due to the playbooks.

Please share your thoughts and ideas!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2022, 05:39 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Classic Roster ideas M23

I have played so many of you past rosters. Great work.
I’m old so I’m always up for a mid ‘70’s set
1975?
Agree with you regarding the playbooks
To me even worse is no Washington Redskins.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:22 AM   #3
MVP

Of the ones you listed, I think I'm most interested in 1995. You've got the 49ers and Cowboys at the tail end of their arms race, the Packers on the rise, the inaugural seasons for Jacksonville and Carolina, etc..

Personally, I'm very partial to the early and mid 2000's as well. I'd be on board for pretty much anything from 2002-2008, specifically.

Lastly, while it might be out of your wheelhouse, I'd love to see someone take a stab at the 2011 season. As a Niner fan, I have a lot of nostalgia for that year.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

Last edited by ripcandlestickpark; 06-30-2022 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:52 AM   #4
Pro

Always down for a good 1992 or 1995 set . Also down for anything mid 00s like 04-05.

Last edited by Steelers4190; 06-23-2022 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-23-2022, 05:36 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
I have played so many of you past rosters. Great work.
I’m old so I’m always up for a mid ‘70’s set
1975?
Agree with you regarding the playbooks
To me even worse is no Washington Redskins.
I agree not having the Redskins is a major hit to classic rosters. The new Commanders' uniforms make it difficult to even imagine the Redskins on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2022, 10:36 PM   #6
Rookie

1998 is one of my favorite NFL seasons. It's a weird clash of eras. Last season for John Elway and Barry Sanders, last good one for Marino, Young, Aikman, and Randall Cunningham. Pretty much the end of the line for Emmitt Smith too although he stuck around a few more years.

Amazing rookie class: Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Randy Moss. Plus a fascinating mega bust in Ryan Leaf. Lots of other great players in that draft too.

Broncos, Vikings, Falcons, and Jets all had one of their best teams in franchise history. 49ers are still good, Packers are still good, Jags were a year away from their best team in franchise history, same with the Titans.
Old 06-27-2022, 06:38 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I am starting to think about my next roster creation. I am, at this point anyway, assuming I will get Madden 23 on the PS5 (sorry Xbox guys).
Just to be clear, that is an assumption at this point. I have been playing the beta and overall I like it and think there is some nice progress on the field. However, there are currently issues within franchise mode that, if not fixed, will keep me from getting it. But at this point, let's say I am getting M23.

So, like I said, I am thinking about what roster to make.

At this point I have made nearly every season from 1985-1995 at some point. Some of those were back on M17 or 18. There are some seasons I really enjoy making so I have made them more than once.

Here is a list of rosters I am currently thinking about. And this is not a democratic process, I am just trying to get ideas and peoples thoughts, so this is not a poll.

1984: I have never created this season, but always thought it would be neat with Dan Marino's amazing season. Plus, the USFL was big so that could be used to create the expansion teams and help with making Free Agents.

1985: I did this roster years ago and I believe Soundwave did it for M20. It is one of my favorite seasons of football for many reasons. Again, the USFL was around.

1987: The Strike Year! I did this many years ago. The replacement players can be used for expansion teams and free agents. Can the Browns beat John Elway?

1995: I have done this season as well, though it has been awhile. Soundwave did this season on M20. For me, as a Browns fan, this is a tough season. However, in this world, they won't move!

I am open to other possibilities as well. 1989 and 1992 are seasons I have thought about also.

Please do ask me to do an all-time roster, or best of roster. I know those are popular, but I personally do not enjoy them. So I defer to others to make those types of rosters.

I tend to stay away from rosters very far in the 2000s, though I have done 1999,2002, and 2003 at some point.
I have also done rosters prior to 1984 and I am open to that as well. However, they do not translate as well in Madden games due to the playbooks.

Please share your thoughts and ideas!

Love all of your Rosters/Hard Work! Been playing these rosters for years. I would love to see 1968 AFL & NFL (RIP Marlin Briscoe) or anything from the 70’s/early 80’s. Those 70’s playbooks w/all those rushing plays is where It’s at! Thanks Again!!!
Old 06-27-2022, 11:20 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

I have a couple 1993 With Montana as a Chief ( I am a Raider fan so I have no Idea why i like this lol) The other one would be 2000, Grudens last year with Raiders and the Tuck rule !!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »