Home

Matchpoint Tennis Championships Available Now For PC and Xbox Game Pass Subscribers

This is a discussion on Matchpoint Tennis Championships Available Now For PC and Xbox Game Pass Subscribers within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2022, 09:33 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Matchpoint Tennis Championships Available Now For PC and Xbox Game Pass Subscribers

Matchpoint Tennis Championships is available now for PC and Xbox Game Pass subscribers. The official launch...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2022, 12:44 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Matchpoint Tennis Championships Available Now For PC and Xbox Game Pass Subscribe

Game is okay. It's pretty easy, even on Professional. I lost my first match in career mode and then went on to win the next 3 matches without even losing a set. It's too easy to get to most balls and hit them with precision.

― Plato
Old 07-07-2022, 11:00 AM   #3
Rookie

longway911's Arena

OVR: 1
More feedback please. I would love to buy this game, but I want it to be something with legs, not something I'm bored with after a few hours. Career mode I've read is a long grind, but not in a good way? Is the game more challenging at harder difficulties or will it be a walk in the park winning matches against top opponents after a while? Also, can you edit the roster of players.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:10 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6
You don't need much feedback it's on Game Pass included with Xbox Game Pass even on PC game pass I believe.

If you don't even want to buy or don't have Xbox ultimate you can least get a $1 trial.

Maybe you're on a different system but I'm referring to Xbox and PC hope this helps!

No one would want to buy a game that they would get bored of in a few hours so I hear you on that.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:28 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Matchpoint Tennis Championships Available Now For PC and Xbox Game Pass Subscribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by longway911
More feedback please. I would love to buy this game, but I want it to be something with legs, not something I'm bored with after a few hours. Career mode I've read is a long grind, but not in a good way? Is the game more challenging at harder difficulties or will it be a walk in the park winning matches against top opponents after a while? Also, can you edit the roster of players.
Not sure about roster editing. There are not many real players in the game.

I am playing on the hardest difficulty already and am winning with ease despite all of my attributes being in the 20's and my opponents all being like 70+. It does look grindy, and it doesn't appear the grind is even worth it. If I am already sweeping most matches with such low ratings, I cannot imagine there would be much of a challenge once I develop my player.

It's a good first effort and I like some of what they were going for, but this game doesn't appear to have the polish and longevity that I was hoping for.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2022, 06:43 AM   #6
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Its super "meh" for me. Glad it was on PC Gamepass
Old 07-09-2022, 10:58 AM   #7
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

OVR: 0

I was kind of excited for this game enough where I went and pre-installed it. I'm a casual tennis player & been watching Wimbledon so I had an itch to work on my digital backhand.

Got a chance to play over the past couple of days and I'm actually enjoying the game. But I will say I'm glad it's on gamepass cause I don't believe it's worth the full price tag. You can certainly tell it's a 1st entry in a series due to everything is bare bones & needs some polish.

Especially in career mode where it you just grind to improve your ranking but nothing to make it worth that grind. Also the player creation is extremely limited, which IMO dulls out the career mode. I feel tennis is personal sport in that the "team/entity" people fall in love with is a person. If you can't make your character as personalized as you want then what's the point.

Old sports game gripe coming.......BTW how in the year 2022 do we have sports games where you can't scan in your face into the game or do like MLB the show or NBA2k where you have 30 million options/sliders to edit the player model to at least make it look like you? We can do better.

What I do enjoy about the game and has I think is a good foundation to build is the gameplay. Yes it's a little rough with the warping by the AI and controls having moments where it seems to lag. But winning a long rally with laser down the line after setting your opponent feels like you won a grand slam. And the exact opposite when your the one getting smoked, which that emotional roller coaster you ride with every point is what tennis is about!

I will say once they polish the gameplay, add more customization, more in depth career mode, along with more real players/venues to the game this could be something.

Last edited by TitanUP2; 07-09-2022 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:10 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Please give more input. I really want to buy this game, but I want something that will hold my interest for more than a few hours. I've read that the career mode is a long grind—but not a good grind. When playing on harsher settings, does the game become more difficult, or after a while, does defeating the best opponents become easy? Can you also edit

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »