Home

Potential SOTS problem

This is a discussion on Potential SOTS problem within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2016, 08:16 PM   #1
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Potential SOTS problem

I just wanted to post something because more and more people are getting the game and I want to give a head's up of a potential issue.

Here's why I think there might be a problem. I played Tampa vs Toronto last night everything was working perfectly. Wen't to bed. Woke up fired up the show and played same exact game. This time some things were,nt playing including pre game music. went back into the music cue section and the cues were still set on the tracks but if you tried to listen nothing happened. It's like the file was corrupt. Reset my PS4 still broken. Reset my PS4 again and it was working again. So seems like thats a Sony problem.

The 1 thing maybe though is it seems like the files that were doing this seemed to be only some of the ones I made not lowlighthabit. It's hard to tell cause that could be coincidence but we are trying redoing the tracks with Goldwave instead of Audacity.

I will update when I know more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 06:22 AM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Re: Potential SOTS problem

Update

my issue with certain files screwing up does seem like it might be from using audacity. I recut them with Gold wave and when the track comes out with 3 seperate songs they work no problem. like this
">

but with audacity they come out as one long track like this
">

When they come out as one long track blended together it's screwing Sots up.

I loaded a bunch I redid and a few I didn't. I had zero problems with any of the redone ones but a soon as I got to the old ones I didn't redo it started screwing up, cutting out the song and not working right.

I'll test more but it seems like I'm on to the problem. fingers crossed.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 03-26-2016 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

So I just downloaded the Jays pack. Has that one been redone? Or are you saying that you are going to redo them not in Audacity soon.

Thanks

Jason
Old 03-28-2016, 02:55 PM   #4
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguinj
So I just downloaded the Jays pack. Has that one been redone? Or are you saying that you are going to redo them not in Audacity soon.

Thanks

Jason
We are all done. If you downloaded yesterday, you are all set. This was an issue we had going into last weekend.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Perfect didn't want to start adding things if their was a problem!

Thanks

Jason
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2016, 04:30 PM   #6
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

I've been playing non stop the last couple of days and not 1 issue so the problem definetly was with audacity or how I was using audacity. Nor really sure but redoing them with goldwave definetly fixed it.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:52 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I've been playing non stop the last couple of days and not 1 issue so the problem definetly was with audacity or how I was using audacity. Nor really sure but redoing them with goldwave definetly fixed it.
I am actually still having the issue with the CSN music not playing when set to pregame for the Phillies. Works fine for between innings and end of innings. Might just be a bug for that particular sound slot for the Phillies.

I have the FSN music set for pregame for the Rays and it works just fine.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2016, 09:07 AM   #8
Rookie

wilb626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Update

my issue with certain files screwing up does seem like it might be from using audacity. I recut them with Gold wave and when the track comes out with 3 seperate songs they work no problem. like this
">

but with audacity they come out as one long track like this
">

When they come out as one long track blended together it's screwing Sots up.

I loaded a bunch I redid and a few I didn't. I had zero problems with any of the redone ones but a soon as I got to the old ones I didn't redo it started screwing up, cutting out the song and not working right.

I'll test more but it seems like I'm on to the problem. fingers crossed.
Well that sucks. Same thing for me. I've used Audacity for years to cut my music. I guess I can still use Audacity to cut the individual songs and then use GoldWave to group them in three's?? Did that work for you or did you have to do everything in Goldwave?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »