Home

Old 03-29-2018, 10:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Bat Sound

Are my ears deceiving me, or did they unnecessarily mess with this AGAIN this year? The bat sounds again sound wrong.. Line drives sound the same as weak tappers, HR's sound the same as routine ground balls. I can't figure out why they tamper with the sound when it's been satisfactory (after patching) the past couple of years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2018, 10:57 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Bat Sound

I play wearing headphones 99% of the time and I gotta say, the audio in this game is just not very good in general. Agree with you on the bats but it’s more just everything. Passable, sure, but far from any good.

And I’d add, for all the talk about the game being stale, one way to freshen things up would’ve been to address the audio: a new PA announcer, some new umpires, and revamp/overhaul the crowd’s reaction logic. Would’ve gone a long way.

But on-topic, definitely agree with you: weak fouls to the catcher sound the same as a home run, that can’t be intentional. Maybe they’ll patch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-31-2018, 07:35 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
I play wearing headphones 99% of the time and I gotta say, the audio in this game is just not very good in general. Agree with you on the bats but it’s more just everything. Passable, sure, but far from any good.

And I’d add, for all the talk about the game being stale, one way to freshen things up would’ve been to address the audio: a new PA announcer, some new umpires, and revamp/overhaul the crowd’s reaction logic. Would’ve gone a long way.

But on-topic, definitely agree with you: weak fouls to the catcher sound the same as a home run, that can’t be intentional. Maybe they’ll patch it.

Thanks for responding. I am hoping that others have noticed this, otherwise it won't get any attention. Last year's game was very similar, and enough people complained that it was eventually fixed in a patch. I know that everyone wants there to be significant changes in the game each year, but when they have something mastered, they should leave it alone.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:42 PM   #4
MVP

^Could just be a little bug; like that year when umps weren’t calling out strikes if you remember that, or like you alluded to, was just last year when this happened, might just be a quick fix they’ll fix up without us even making a stink.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »