Home

Sounds of the Show wishlist

This is a discussion on Sounds of the Show wishlist within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2018, 12:32 PM   #9
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sounds of the Show wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparks87
Disable in-game default sounds if a SOTS slot is filled. Why would anyone want their custom sound to play over the top of the in game one??
Amen. Why is that not a standard feature.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #10
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

1. Stadium FX slots. At least 3 but would love 6 or more. Make them in game cues so we can track 3 on each file. Includes vendors, car honks, planes, etc.

2. Inning music. Extend the time between innings to at least 20 seconds. Would be nice to see the 7th inning with team specific events. Use generic music/sounds unless the 7th is loaded in SotS.

3. Chants/Yells. Enlarge the space allowed for it and maybe add extras. Would be nice if the home games had extra slots.

4. Volume. Allow the user to adjust volume on in game cues, chants, and yells. Defaiut volume should be half. We can adjust accordingly. Not individually but as a whole... bit since this is a wishlist let's say individually.

5. Graphic, graphics, graphics. Not SotS but let the user import images of certain sizes to place on various billboards around the park. Heck, you already allow us to use sponsors. Open it up a bit more. Get advertisements from companies like MacDonalds, Lowe's, Ford, etc. Pretty site someone would pay to have their company in game. I would. 😀

More to come.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:02 PM   #11
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

I would love for them to add slots for "Random Between Inning Music" slots.

Having specific slots for the top and bottom of each inning is great, but most stadiums also have a lot of songs that teams plays regularly, but not always in the same inning slot. For example, if there is a particular song (call it "Song A"), then sometimes "Song A" will play in the middle of the 3rd inning, sometimes it will play in the top of the 6th, and sometimes it won't play at all. I would love to be able to add a collection of 10-15 songs for each stadium and have them randomly play between different innings. Would keep it fresh so that you're hearing current, and accurate music, but not always the same songs at the same inning breaks when it's not true to life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2018, 09:01 PM   #12
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
I would love for them to add slots for "Random Between Inning Music" slots.

Having specific slots for the top and bottom of each inning is great, but most stadiums also have a lot of songs that teams plays regularly, but not always in the same inning slot. For example, if there is a particular song (call it "Song A"), then sometimes "Song A" will play in the middle of the 3rd inning, sometimes it will play in the top of the 6th, and sometimes it won't play at all. I would love to be able to add a collection of 10-15 songs for each stadium and have them randomly play between different innings. Would keep it fresh so that you're hearing current, and accurate music, but not always the same songs at the same inning breaks when it's not true to life.
You can do that this year with the themes. Create multiple innings for for each theme.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:48 PM   #13
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

OVR: 2

1) A music cue for a walk that, specifically, loads the bases. There's a specific song that plays at Coors Field for that, and I've just assigned that to the general walk slot, since that's all there is.

2) A music cue for an out in the 9th inning (or extras) when your team has the lead. There's also a Coors Field song for this, and I've just assigned that to...I think it was called "clutch out", or something like that.

Edit: For item 2, watching today's Rockies game reminded me that this music cue is a little more complicated. For the bottom of the 9th or extras, when the home team has the lead, it plays for out #1, out #2, and any strike/foul when there are 2 outs. The final out should, of course, play the typical "team wins" song.

3) A music cue for a clutch at-bat, that will override a batter's normal walkup music. For instance, your team is down by two, but you have two runners on late in the game, and a big star is coming up. In real life, the stadium might play something like the Star Wars theme at that point.

4) I like some other people's suggestions for applying playlists to certain situations that will pick a random song from the list, instead of assigning one song that will play every time.

5) It would also be SO helpful, if we could import Sounds of the Show year to year, to stop repetitive work to get things setup.

Last edited by Kalkano; 05-06-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:59 PM   #14
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

OVR: 2

Mods:

Can we get this stickied, so it doesn't get buried and forgotten?
Old 05-08-2018, 12:39 AM   #15
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

Just make the SOTS music louder for Gods sake. If I didn't have to turn the music slider all the way up then maybe the normal music they put in wouldn't deafen me every time lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2018, 08:06 PM   #16
Rookie

richiesbx137's Arena

I do actually have a suggestion if a walkoff home run happens have the team's victory song instead of the default or even custom home run themes. Example: If the Yankees hit a walk off homerun, the theme of New York, New York goes off instead of the default home run horn. Not sure if that option is in at all, but that is something I wish for in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »