Home

Why Can't I Post a Blog?

This is a discussion on Why Can't I Post a Blog? within the Steve's Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why Can't I Post a Blog?

woulda been nice to know before i signed up and all...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #66

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaligorsky
woulda been nice to know before i signed up and all...
You're right. What a travesty...
Old 06-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

Good rule. I've managed a forum before, and it's a nightmare when you get bombarded by spam bots.

I'm glad I copied the blog and saved it on this software I have. I had a lot of writing in it, and it would've been terrible to lose it--but it would've been pretty funny at the same time.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hm - I've got two and still can't post. If there's info on a time delay the servers need to give you permission, can that be in the first post? Or am I just missing something; thanks --

I mean, I see this question asked a LOT throughout this thread, but there's no answer...it seems to be a common problem; can it be addressed?

Last edited by arton86; 06-25-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:21 PM   #69

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by arton86
I mean, I see this question asked a LOT throughout this thread, but there's no answer...it seems to be a common problem; can it be addressed?
There is a reason it is asked a lot in THIS thread.

And maybe I'm missing something, but why would someone join a site just to write a blog right away? Has anyone who has done this turned out to be an integral part of the community?

btw, not accusing you of this, but I just don't get it...
Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
There is a reason it is asked a lot in THIS thread.

And maybe I'm missing something, but why would someone join a site just to write a blog right away? Has anyone who has done this turned out to be an integral part of the community?

btw, not accusing you of this, but I just don't get it...
Well, what I'm trying to do is post a dynasty. So I go to the dynasty tab, but it seems like posting a dynasty from that interface means posting a 'blog.' But there's a separate blog tab. So I'm a little confused as to what the difference really is, but I arrived at this thread from trying to start a dynasty.

I ended up just posting a thread in the forum, which is how I usually would go about that - it just seemed like there was a cool interface here for doing so and I'm disappointed I haven't been able to figure it out. Hope that explains things.

Sure, it's not surprising at all that it's a question that's asked a lot in this thread. It just gets me that there's no answers given...doesn't it seem really, really strange? The whole point of the thread is "Post 2 times and you will be able to post a blog." But, for a lot of people, that's not the case.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #71

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by arton86
Well, what I'm trying to do is post a dynasty. So I go to the dynasty tab, but it seems like posting a dynasty from that interface means posting a 'blog.' But there's a separate blog tab. So I'm a little confused as to what the difference really is, but I arrived at this thread from trying to start a dynasty.

I ended up just posting a thread in the forum, which is how I usually would go about that - it just seemed like there was a cool interface here for doing so and I'm disappointed I haven't been able to figure it out. Hope that explains things.

Sure, it's not surprising at all that it's a question that's asked a lot in this thread. It just gets me that there's no answers given...doesn't it seem really, really strange? The whole point of the thread is "Post 2 times and you will be able to post a blog." But, for a lot of people, that's not the case.
It does, I didn't know posting a dynasty constituted a blog, but my question still stands for the scenario's that don't fall under your's.

And the answer to your question has been given. It is to prevent spam and for the few like you who have a legitimate reason to post a blog, it is a small inconvenience that is easily rectified.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #72
Rookie

Well, that answers why the rule is in place. My question was why I had 4 posts earlier, and still couldn't post: since the rule only says 2 posts.

But it's cool, I can post now - just tested. I guess there is some delay for the privileges to be updated for you. I guess I had assumed it would be immediate. You're right, not a big deal - just needed to be patient. But I did think something was wrong.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum »