Home

Super Mega Baseball 2 - MLB Recreation

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball 2 - MLB Recreation within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Super Mega Baseball 2 - MLB Recreation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
So how do those numbers work, exactly? I haven't dabbled into the editor too much yet, but from what I saw I couldn't really get any numbers involved. No positioning, scaling, color hex codes or anything like that. Are those values only possible to do on the PC version of the game, or something?

Speaking of which, I was playing with the player editor while doing Remote Play on my PC, and it was really cool that I could use my keyboard on there to not only scroll through options, but also to type in names. I assume that may be true for most games, but this is the first time I've caught wind of that, and it was very helpful.

I do wish there were more options to choose from for females, though. Only five faces, six hair styles, two body builds and a partridge in a pear tree. Recreating my softball team won't be as elegant as I had hoped (outside of the names, attributes and logo).
I made the Astros from those numbers two nights ago, it was super easy. Now I'm on PC Blzer so I'm not sure how the console version looks but I'll explain super quick how I did it.

I went into create new team. I deleted all the layers for the main logo which auto loaded. I then started at the bottom layer for Primary Logo. So lets take Circle 1, I created a "Image" layer, RB until I got to symbols, I then fumbled around until I figured out which one was "circle 1". After I found the correct symbol, I then hit X which allows me to move, resize, rotate, etc the image layer. This is where those numbers come into play. You simply match the numbers in the database to the numbers under the image adjustment. It doesn't tell you colors or anything so that will come down to you figuring out which layer needs which color.

It's a little time consuming but came out pretty decent. Now I'm thinking from here on out I'll just build them on my own.

Last edited by Phobia; 05-04-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:45 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
So how do those numbers work, exactly? I haven't dabbled into the editor too much yet, but from what I saw I couldn't really get any numbers involved. No positioning, scaling, color hex codes or anything like that. Are those values only possible to do on the PC version of the game, or something?

Speaking of which, I was playing with the player editor while doing Remote Play on my PC, and it was really cool that I could use my keyboard on there to not only scroll through options, but also to type in names. I assume that may be true for most games, but this is the first time I've caught wind of that, and it was very helpful.

I do wish there were more options to choose from for females, though. Only five faces, six hair styles, two body builds and a partridge in a pear tree. Recreating my softball team won't be as elegant as I had hoped (outside of the names, attributes and logo).
There's no girls in baseball!
Old 05-04-2018, 03:11 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
There's no girls in baseball!
Old 05-04-2018, 06:00 PM   #20
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I guess we leave it to the guys then lol:

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-04-2018, 07:27 PM   #21
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

OVR: 8

I’ve been making the uniforms and logos. I’ve done 28 teams so far. Here’s a look at a couple
IMG_6265.jpgIMG_6266.jpgIMG_6267.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Madden 20 (PC)
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
PGA 2K21 (PS4)
MLB 20: The Show (PS4)
Street Fighter V (PS4/PC)
Super Mega Baseball 3 (PC)
Fire Pro Wrestling World (PC)

BS: San Jose State 01'
MA: Michigan State 11'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2018, 03:55 AM   #22
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

My softball team one is actually coming along pretty well. What is nice is I can kind of mimic a softball pitch by giving my players submarine releases. Too bad there are just so few customization options when it comes to actual appearance (not just talking about accessories).

I got enough edited together to start a game, and I immediately got much more invested. It's one thing to be immersed in this game's gameplay, and it's another thing to be invested in your individuals. It's like having my actual players there; it was exciting. Can't wait to finish!

My ol' players will be getting a video of this someday. I really hope they don't think it's creepy ahaha.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-05-2018, 04:26 AM   #23
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

OVR: 8
Super Mega Baseball 2 - MLB Recreation

Finished all 30 teams and decided to add one more.

Here's my latest creation. Still working on the logo. Enjoy!

Madden 20 (PC)
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
PGA 2K21 (PS4)
MLB 20: The Show (PS4)
Street Fighter V (PS4/PC)
Super Mega Baseball 3 (PC)
Fire Pro Wrestling World (PC)

BS: San Jose State 01'
MA: Michigan State 11'

Last edited by RandallB21; 05-05-2018 at 04:31 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:50 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 2

How are you guys doing attributes?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »