Home

Super Mega Baseball 3 Review: Metalhead Keeps Cranking Out Line Drives

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball 3 Review: Metalhead Keeps Cranking Out Line Drives within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2020, 07:25 AM   #41
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Super Mega Baseball 3 Review: Metalhead Keeps Cranking Out Line Drives

So I played SMB and SMB 2 a lot.

I have held off on SMB 3 because I was fully committed to MLB The Show 20 and my various franchises.

Well.....we are taking a short vacation from MLB The Show 20 (as we plan on staying on the PS4 Pro for a few more years) and I am ready to dive into SMB 3 and do a franchise (stock teams, 7 inning games, customize divisions and such though for some fun and change up my teams player names with guys I played ball with throughout my life).

Do we think PSN will be having a holiday sale very soon? I am seeing a price tag of 44.99. I rather wait till this goes on a nice PSN Plus type sale.

Anyway.....how is franchise mode working out for a lot of you? Seems to have some nice features.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 11-20-2020 at 11:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2020, 09:51 AM   #42
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

I have held off on SMB 3 because I was fully committed to MLB The Show 20 and my various franchises.

Well.....we are taking a short vacation from MLB The Show 20 (as we plan on staying on the PS4 Pro for a few more years) and I am ready to dive into SMB 3 and do a franchise (stock teams, 7 inning games, customize divisions and such though for some fun and change up my teams player names with guys I played ball with throughout my life).

Do we think PSN will be having a holiday sale very soon? I am seeing aproceh tag of 44.99. I rather wait till this goes on a nice PSN Plus type sale.

Anyway.....how is franchise mode working out for a lot of you? Seems to have some nice features.
Gotta think this will be in one of the various holiday sales that all the gaming systems will run starting next week.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-20-2020, 03:18 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ200
Id still rather see them make a hockey game just like the baseball game. Fictional team and players. All editable. with franchise mode and all that good stuff.
Man, that would make the Switch a more attractive option for me!
Old 11-22-2020, 11:48 PM   #44
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

Do we think PSN will be having a holiday sale very soon? I am seeing a price tag of 44.99. I rather wait till this goes on a nice PSN Plus type sale.

MAYBE, they will give it out free on playstation plus like they did the first one. SMB 2 was released free with gold on xbox one. so now it's ps4's turn again.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:06 AM   #45
Banned

In my opinion, Metal Head deserves whatever they can get for the game. I don't begrudge anyone for having to stick to a budget and buying things on sale when they can, but, it feels kinda gross to speculate how to not give a smaller dev money they need a hell of a lot more than the big guys that already give away a ton of games to increase their MTX sales.

These guys put out several in-depth videos leading up to releases of games and updates that really spell out not just what the features are and how they work, but their intent and what they are looking for. Then they monitor the Reddit forum constantly, and will tweak the game for competitiveness often. Their games release super polished, and it is among the best designed games I've ever played in terms of balanced gameplay and respecting the player's time investment.

Hell, I've already bought SMB3 twice for full price, for XB1 and Steam. I feel so much better about these guys getting my money than EA, 2K, or Sony. I'm even considering buying an $80 Rip Dingers or Nacho Crisp Moose jersey. Well, more like making sure my wife knows I would want one for Xmas and hoping.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 11-23-2020 at 11:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2020, 01:03 PM   #46
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
In my opinion, Metal Head deserves whatever they can get for the game. I don't begrudge anyone for having to stick to a budget and buying things on sale when they can, but, it feels kinda gross to speculate how to not give a smaller dev money they need a hell of a lot more than the big guys that already give away a ton of games to increase their MTX sales.

These guys put out several in-depth videos leading up to releases of games and updates that really spell out not just what the features are and how they work, but their intent and what they are looking for. Then they monitor the Reddit forum constantly, and will tweak the game for competitiveness often. Their games release super polished, and it is among the best designed games I've ever played in terms of balanced gameplay and respecting the player's time investment.

Hell, I've already bought SMB3 twice for full price, for XB1 and Steam. I feel so much better about these guys getting my money than EA, 2K, or Sony. I'm even considering buying an $80 Rip Dingers or Nacho Crisp Moose jersey. Well, more like making sure my wife knows I would want one for Xmas and hoping.
I paid full price for SMB and SMB2

It is very close to the holidays.....everyone has their own finances and situations etc.

To broadly stroke a post like this is ridiculous.

If I can get SMB 3 on sale.....I freaking will.

Seriously? You don’t begrudge but find it gross?

Come on man.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-23-2020, 01:37 PM   #47
Banned

Well, yeah. That's what I said.

I think we treat smaller developers that go the extra mile differently than your average AAA or corporate funded devs. They are already selling for 25% less than the average release price, and now we spend a chunk of a review thread, where potential customers come to to decide what to buy, and we use it to see if if we can give them even less?

I think that is gross. I think make it harder place for a developer like Metal Head to give two ****s about OS's community.

I still think it was worth saying.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:48 PM   #48
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Well, yeah. That's what I said.

I think we treat smaller developers that go the extra mile differently than your average AAA or corporate funded devs. They are already selling for 25% less than the average release price, and now we spend a chunk of a review thread, where potential customers come to to decide what to buy, and we use it to see if if we can give them even less?

I think that is gross. I think make it harder place for a developer like Metal Head to give two ****s about OS's community.

I still think it was worth saying.

I think your post is hyperbole.

Good intentions
Bad form

I think that was worth saying as a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »