Home

Top Spin 4 Demo Impressions Roundtable

This is a discussion on Top Spin 4 Demo Impressions Roundtable within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #9
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Have to disagree with Chase (for a change) on the commentary issue.

I still would've preferred TV style presentation over first-person presentation. I personally like announcers.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 11
Hey does anyone by any chance know if the low camera angle will be availible in the retail version. In the demo it only allows you to switch between TV (High/Close). I was curious because in previous Top Spin games that was the most fun camera to play on.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:24 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 33
I just wish someone would bring out a tennis game that featured a mode for multiple players to play in offline tournaments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm less than impressed with the graphics. The arms on the players look wierdly shaped and the courts look just like they did in top spin 3. You expect better player models with just two playable characters on screen. The game is alright, however it needs more difficulty levels. The jump from medium to hard is too big.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 14
Played the Demo and I like it (bringing back the memories of a sore thumb) would like it alot better if it was also on PC, with Mods on the PC it would rule. I'm with Chase that I hope their is alot more unforced errors in the game, true to the real game of tennis. Any way I'm definitely getting it because I love Tennis.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #14
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Top Spin 4 Demo Impressions Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentEvil
I'm less than impressed with the graphics. The arms on the players look wierdly shaped and the courts look just like they did in top spin 3. You expect better player models with just two playable characters on screen. The game is alright, however it needs more difficulty levels. The jump from medium to hard is too big.
Someone told me that in the retail version it will be Easy, Medium, Hard, Very Hard, and Super Hard (which is unlockable) or something like that.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 03-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1
The game is flat-out fun, and that's all that matters in the end!! Can't wait until March 15th. :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #16
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Top Spin 4 Demo Impressions Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
What is it with 2k making their games waaaayyyyyyyy toooooooooo slllooooooooowwwwww.

I just happened to be watching the Tennis network when I came on the site and saw that the demo was available. So I downloaded it. Looking at the speed of a real tennis match and then comparing it to this game and I found it laughable. Jut like NBA2k11. The game just moves way to slow compared to real life.

Then I put in Virtua Tennis 3 to see if the speed difference was that drastic. It is. Virtua Tennis 3 is closer to the real speed of real professional tennis. Especially y when compared to the demo.

I see where the game punishes you if you take the wrong step. Yet if the game was moving at a faster speed I wouldn't have to make the wrong step. It only happened once so it's really not a problem. The speed of the game is. The demo features two of the greatest players of all time and they fell like they are playing with wooden rackets and moving in slow motion.

Looks great but 2k has really got to stop slowing their games down.
Sounds like you were playing on normal setting. The game plays at a realistic speed once you bump it up to hard. I felt the same way but once I set the game to hard, I was far happier with it. Hard is not even going to be the hard setting for the retail game, they said they made the game easier for the demo.

Slow = easier for new players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »