Home

can anyone get aces in top spin 4

This is a discussion on can anyone get aces in top spin 4 within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: can anyone get aces in top spin 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc22
The only thing I can't figure out is once I qualify for the majors, if I make it to the semis, the opponents just squash me. Need to get over that hump.
The difficulty curve in this game is pretty awesome imo. Since I had some experience with Top Spin 3 I startet my career with the Hard difficulty setting, but as I found out it was too easy for me, so I startet again on Very Hard. Lost the first Minor in the finals, then won all of the following Minors. Exactly the same thing happened with the Majors.

But then came the Masters - In my first 5 tournaments my best result was semifinals, I always got crushed by Nadal and Djokovic. In my sixth Masters I faced Nadal again in the semifinals and lost the first set 3-0 (I'm playing Top Spin length). Thinking I'll get crushed again for sure, I started to experiment a bit, tried different things - and I actually won the second set 3-0! And then I won the following Super-Tiebreak 10-7. It was an amazing feeling.

I haven't lost a Masters since then, but now I'm struggling with the Grand Slams and Special Tournaments. Got crushed again, first by Nadal in the Continental Cup semifinals, then by Davydenko in the Roland Garros semifinals. But I'm sure I can manage this as well.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

I got my first ace the other day - with my server rating of 77 - up the middle on the ad court and it just happened...totally caught me off guard. I agree with the earlier poster that said they have great faults, but always faults. The computer mostly aces me with finesse serves, which is fine, but I really can't return the favor and therefore don't get a lot of easy points on serve (esp since 99% of them are returned in play).

Still trying to stomach getting back into Career Mode. I won the Monte Carlo open and then realized I still had to win 3 more Masters events to qualify for Grand Slams. I like that you have to work to achieve things in this game, but it's so enjoyable that I could play tournament after tournament against the top guys and never get bored. I'm at the point where I mostly beat up on anybody below #15, yet that's who I'm playing the most.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:42 PM   #19
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22

Wait until you make the semis in one of the Grand Slams. The cpu just goes into a different gear. I'm ranked 1 in the world but keep getting crushed in the semis of the Grand Slams. I think there may be something to switching coaches based on what you need to defeat a particular player. Accordingly, I'm focusing on unlocking more skills even though I can no longer increase my ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
I got my first ace the other day - with my server rating of 77 - up the middle on the ad court and it just happened...totally caught me off guard. I agree with the earlier poster that said they have great faults, but always faults. The computer mostly aces me with finesse serves, which is fine, but I really can't return the favor and therefore don't get a lot of easy points on serve (esp since 99% of them are returned in play).

Still trying to stomach getting back into Career Mode. I won the Monte Carlo open and then realized I still had to win 3 more Masters events to qualify for Grand Slams. I like that you have to work to achieve things in this game, but it's so enjoyable that I could play tournament after tournament against the top guys and never get bored. I'm at the point where I mostly beat up on anybody below #15, yet that's who I'm playing the most.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 11

Aces are so darn tough for me. And there are times when I swear my serve it perfect, right on the line, and I get called a fault, and yet when the AI does it, it is an ace. Just seems a bit off balanced. So hard to get the AI off balanced with the serve, and too easy for him to get me flying off the court to return the serve and setting him up for an easy point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »